Villa Bayuh Sabha, Uluwatu
Perched on a cliff top, 50 metres above the dazzling azure sea, with spectacular bird’s eye views from the dramatic Bukit Peninsula to Bali’s southern coastline and beyond to Java, five-bedroomed Bayuh Sabbha languishes over three sprawling acres of glorious tropical gardens.
This elegant, classic Balinese villa, which includes a self-contained two-bedroom guesthouse, is fully staffed and boasts exceptional facilities, including two pools, a gym, a tennis court and a children’s play area. Bayuh Sabbha is an ideal choice for families and groups alike, but the villa really comes into its own as a magical and unforgettable wedding venue.
Designed to merge perfectly with its dramatic coastal setting, the magnificent five-bedroom Bayuh Sabbha employs a delightful mix of limestone, teakwood and alang-alang thatch, blending traditional architecture and antique elements. The main three-bedroomed villa and a two-bedroomed guesthouse, each with its own swimming pool, laze luxuriously amongst the tropical cliff-top gardens creating a holiday villa with style and personality.
Bayuh Sabbha was one of the first properties to be built along this spectacular, arid coast, and ten years on the maturity of the villa is one of its greatest assets. With its meticulously manicured lawns interspersed with ancient, gnarled frangipani trees and brilliant bougainvillea blooms, the villa boasts a patina that comes with time, creating an elegance that most modern villas cannot match. Neither can many hold a candle to Bayuh Sabbha’s luxurious three acres of land. They just don’t build villas on this kind of scale any more.
Airy and spacious bedrooms, living and dining areas present soaring ceilings, polished wood and marble floors, wide verandas, solid teak furniture, an eclectic mix of classical art, sculpture and rustic objects, and floor-to-ceiling windows that embrace the breezes and the splendid views.
Wake up early to catch intrepid surfers riding the waves of Bingin beach before heading for a workout in the air-conditioned gym or a game on the private tennis court. While away the day lounging alongside one of the villas two pools or relaxing with a book in the comfortable wantilan pavilion; and enjoy a refreshing cocktail or two in the sunset pavilion as the sun dips below the horizon.
Bayuh Sabbha’s friendly staff team, which includes a manager and a chef who can both boast five-star hotel experience, will entice your taste buds and take care of your every holiday need. With its impressive range of facilities and space enough for all, the villa is perfect for family holidays and entertaining friends, while its extraordinary backdrop, with island and ocean views stretching from north to south, and specially designed function lawns make Bayuh Sabbha the ultimate tropical wedding venue.
With five spacious bedrooms, formal and family-style living and dining areas, two pools and a range of five-star facilities, Bayuh Sabbha hugs the cliff, with almost every room enjoying spectacular ocean views. On a clear day, the panorama encompasses the mighty Mt Agung in north Bali, to Java’s Mt Bromo in the west.
The villa is entered through an antique Balinese gateway leading to a path lined with flowering lotus ponds. The formal living area is centrally situated and overlooks the comfortable, open-sided wantlian pavilion and the main pool. To one side of the living space are the sleeping pavilions; behind is a two-storey building housing the study and TV room, and to the other side is the dining room and the gourmet kitchen.
A self-contained guesthouse, with two bedrooms, a living area, kitchen and its own infinity-edge pool, links to the house via stepping stones across another lotus pond.
Bayuh Sabbha’s master suite occupies the entire second floor of one pavilion. With a wide wooden veranda that runs the length of the suite, large teak and glass doors open to the views beyond. A super-king, four-poster bed dominates the room and a comfortable sofa and a desk complete the furnishings.
The enormous walk-in dressing room with polished wood floors and a mirrored dressing table is a popular spot for brides to prepare for their weddings.
Polished floors continue into the huge bathroom, which has windows on two sides that open to the ocean breeze. A jacuzzi tub is set into a wooden platform overlooking the view while double sinks with brass taps and large ornate mirrors add a luxurious touch.
Below the master suite are two spacious and equally sized guest bedrooms. One is twin bedded and the other boasts a romantic four-poster king-size bed. Both rooms feature sliding doors onto a stone terrace with sweeping views. Decorated in elegant, classical style with antique furnishings and rustic tribal pieces, both rooms provide desks and extensive closet space. The bathrooms each feature indoor and outdoor showers, bathtubs and courtyard gardens. Brass taps and wooden dressing tables add to the luxurious look of these spacious ensuites.
Bayuh Sabbha’s two-bedroom guesthouse has its own entrance and parking area and is linked to the main villa by a limestone walkway. Featuring conical thatched roofs, bleached wood furnishings and tribal art, this building has a relaxed beach-house feel. The living room overlooks the second pool and has yet more breathtaking views. A guest bathroom and a small but self-contained kitchen, equipped with a full-sized fridge, a wall oven and tea and coffee making facilities, are attached.
Flanking the open-sided living area are two circular guest rooms with queen-sized beds laid with cotton sheets and local fabrics. The rooms are spacious yet cosy, with dressing areas and indoor bathrooms leading to chic garden bathrooms fitted with freestanding circular bathtubs and outdoor showers protected by thatched roofs. Brass fittings add a touch of elegance.
The guesthouse is a gorgeous addition to the main house, perfect for a family or two additional couples.
Bayuh Sabbha’s main living pavilion lies at the centre of the property and is dominated by large wooden sofas topped with deep cushions in muted fabrics to match the tone of the house. An antique Chinese cabinet houses the entertainment system and the room is ornamented with some delightful art and sculptures.
To the right is the dining pavilion, furnished with a square table and 12 chairs, and with a spacious ocean-view terrace. Some more intimately sized tables and chairs make this the perfect spot to enjoy afternoon tea, evening cocktails or a casual dinner under the stars.
A large gourmet kitchen is located behind the dining pavilion and the staff will fill the fridge according to guest’s shopping lists. Guests can help themselves to snacks from here, or cook up a storm should they feel so inclined, or simply leave it all to the accomplished chef.
In another building, reached by a covered wooden walkway from the sleeping pavilion of the main villa, is a study with an impressive antique desk, bookcases, dedicated internet connection and comfortable furnishings. This upstairs room, also offering sweeping views, is a perfect hideaway to catch up on messages and work quietly. Downstairs, a comfortable TV room also opens to the view. Air-conditioned and furnished with a deeply cushioned white sofa and a wall lined with bookcases, this room can be converted into an extra bedroom for children, with two single beds, and has a guest toilet.
The villa’s air-conditioned gym is well equipped with top-of-the-range weights, cardio machines and a set of free weights, and features mirrored walls and a stereo system. A personal trainer is on call for those who need a little extra motivation.
A large thatch-roofed Balinese wantilan, set in the gardens beside the main pool, is furnished with low, cushioned sofas. This is the ultimate relaxation area and also perfect for yoga or massage. Ceiling fans and Bose speakers enhance the ambiance.
A romantic balé lies at the far edge of the property looking towards Uluwatu and the setting sun. Put to great use during the many weddings celebrated at the villa, the sunset balé has a stone floor and thatch roof to blend with the style of the house.
Next to the gym is a children’s play area with a large sand pit and swings. Parents wanting to keep fit can keep an eye on their kids at the same time.
The estate also has a full-size outdoor tennis court. Floodlit for night games, the court is another fantastic addition to the Bayuh Sabbha estate.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Daily Housekeeping.
- Butler service.
- Chef will cook Western, Asian and Japanese, formal and casual, barbecues (extra cost plus handling fee).
- In-house spa theraphist (massage, body scrub, foot reflexiology, pedicure and menicure) at an extra charge.
- Surfing lesson on request (cost applied).
- Area: 13,700sqm (land); 1,407sqm (villa).
- Pool: Main swimming pool: 18 x 4.4m; Second swimming pool: 14m.
- Accommodation: 5 air-conditioned bedroom with en-suite bathroom (2 king, 2 queen and 1 twin bedroom). 2 additional guests may be accommodated in the media room plus 3 extra beds are available upon request; Family-style living area; Formal dining pavilion; Balinese wantilan; air-conditioned TV room; Study; Wide furnished verandas; Additional living room in guesthouse; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD players; Bose surround-sound stereo system; iPod docks; CD player.
- Communication: WiFi internet; Landline for local calls; Mobile phone reception.
- Family: Indoor and outdoor entertainment areas, playground.
- Sport: Tennis court; Gym.
- Car and driver for 8 consecutive hours per day (excluding petrol) included in the rate.
- Event: Weddings or other parties and corporate events for 150-175 people.
|Bedroom||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 1900 Nights||$ 2200 Nights||$ 2600 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January – 02 April (excluding CNY & Easter Week); 15 -27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 -28 March; 16 June – 30 September; 3 - 14 April; 28 April - 1 May; 16 -22 June; 19 -31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; CNY; Easter Week; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December – 02 January.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 5% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 12 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period