Villa Asta, Batu Belig
Villa Asta is a fully staffed five-bedroom residence an easy walk from Batubelig Beach on Bali’s south-west coast, and a five-minute drive from Seminyak. With a spectacular free-form swimming pool, a large plunge pool, massive games room, TV room, and membership of the Finns Recreation Club, Villa Asta is perfect for active families or groups of friends who seek R&R with lots of entertainment options in a sociable environment with space and plenty of privacy.
Villa Asta weaves its magic the moment you walk through the entrance and glimpse the pool, shimmering beyond a waterfall, framed within a circular opening in the wall. Flowing water features are everywhere; in addition to the dramatic free-form swimming pool at the villa's heart, there’s a 12-metre plunge pool next to the master bedroom pavilion, linked by an expanse of koi ponds to the two open-sided living and dining pavilions.
This is a fantastic villa for families – it was designed by internationally renowned architect Guy Morgan for two friends seeking a place for their young families to holiday together, so there’s plenty to amuse kids (of all ages) as well as lots of welcome grown-up space. And parents can relax and enjoy their holiday knowing their children are having a great time within the secure villa grounds.
The main pool provides plenty of entertainment, with shallow tiers for wallowing and a deep section beneath a two-storey thatched balé with a viewing platform looking out over the rice fields. At the far end of the pool the huge upper-floor games room also promises hours of fun, with its pool table, table tennis, home theatre and computer. Just behind is a badminton / volleyball court - a complete kids’ zone!
Below the games room, three twin bedrooms can be converted to kings making them equally suitable for adults (each also has two handy roll-away beds for extra young guests). Providing a calm environment at the other end of the villa is the two-bedroomed master pavilion with its own large plunge pool.
With so much on offer, there’s little call to leave the villa – especially because among the delightfully professional staff is an excellent chef adept at whipping up meals that would give some of Bali’s famed restaurants a run for their money. But it’s good to know Batubelig Beach is only a short walk away, and a car and driver is available for an additional cost to whisk guests to nearby Seminyak, or further afield to explore the island.
Villa Asta’s generous accommodation is spread across four pavilions set around two swimming pools separated by koi ponds. At one end of the garden a two-storey pavilion houses three guest bedroom suites and, above, an enormous open-sided games room with kitchenette and shower room. A single-storey pavilion with two master bedroom suites sits at the other end, reached via flagstones across koi ponds and a bridge across the second swimming pool. In between is double-decker poolside balé, an open-sided living pavilion, and a separate dining pavilion with service kitchen, bar and adjacent TV room/study.
Master bedroom suites
The master pavilion houses two air-conditioned bedrooms complete with ensuite bathrooms, a sun terrace and a fabulous 12-metre plunge pool with water spouts. Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated with bold colours, rich fabrics, bright scatter cushions, and local artwork and artefacts. In each, a canopied four-poster king-size bed sits under a soaring thatched roof, while an extra-long window seat provides a peaceful place to relax with a book or watch the 29-inch plasma TV. Beyond sliding glass doors are private garden bathrooms, dominated by splendid over-sized, marble bathtubs sheltered from the elements by the eaves of the roof. Doors in the garden walls lead to the plunge pool, neatly avoiding the need to walk through the bedrooms.
Guest bedroom suites
Three guest bedroom suites occupy the ground floor of the entertainment pavilion at the far end of the garden. Accessed by sliding glass doors from a colonnaded terrace, these air-conditioned rooms have twin beds that can convert to a king, with two roll away beds tucked under. Each has the convenience of a walk-in wardrobe, and an ensuite garden bathroom with walk-in shower looking onto a traditional ’mandi’ - an urn fed by a waterspout.
The pool-edge living pavilion is open on four sides and features a soaring alang-alang thatched roof supported by coconut-wood pillars above a floor of Palimanan stone inlaid with polished teak. Cooled by ceiling fans and gentle breezes, the living pavilion features two comfortable seating areas. A linked sound system provides music in the living, dining and games room from speakers discreetly positioned high in the roof.
Across the koi pond is a second open-sided, fan-cooled pavilion and fabulous entertainment space. Taking centre-stage under pendulous lamps and paddle fans suspended from the vaulted roof is an extendable table that seats up to 18 on designer-chic upholstered chairs. The adjacent black marble bar provides a more casual place to congregate in front of the well-equipped, open-air slate-floored service kitchen.
Separated from the dining area by sliding opaque glass doors is an air-conditioned TV room where a long, deeply cushioned bench and a big lazy chair encourage curling up with a good book or watching a movie on the 48-inch satellite TV. Doubling as a study, the room is equipped with a computer and printer.
A magnet for kids of all ages, the semi-open-air games room located above the three guest bedrooms enjoys beautiful rice-field views. Not that anyone will be looking when there are so many distractions – pool table, table tennis, media area with a 52-inch TV and DVD player, and a computer with internet access. There’s even a kitchenette and shower room for those who can’t drag themselves away.
The immaculately maintained garden is dominated by a dramatic free-form swimming pool, with a swim-under waterfall and shallow tier stepping down into the deepest section, immediately beneath the poolside balé. Shaded by a thatched roof, this elevated, two-storey pavilion offers spectacular rice-field views from the top. A circular timber deck rests beside the pool, complete with sun loungers and umbrellas. At the far end of the garden is a walled grass court suitable for playing badminton, tennis, volleyball, football and other games.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival at the villa.
- Daily Breakfast 2 pax per room.
- Turn down service.
- Personal chef and his experienced team are at your service to whip up everything from poolside snacks to multi-course banquets in the fully equipped, open-air service kitchen by the dining pavilion (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Four butlers serve snacks, meals and beverages throughout the day and are responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the villa.
- 24-hour security guard is available.
- A priced menu of Asian and Western cuisine. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver are available on request at an extra charge
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: Main swimming pool 18.5m x 6m; Plunge pool 12m x 3.8m.
- Accommodations: 1 unit 5 bedrooms villa, 10 people (5 ensuite bedrooms, 2 with king-size beds, 3 with twins convertible to kings). All twin bedded rooms have trundle beds for a total of 6 kids; 2 extra beds may be set up on guest request (additional charge applies after 10 guests); Living & Dining area; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite-channel TV; DVD players and DVD library; CD players and CD library; iPod docks; Integrated sound system; Magazines; Book selection; Board games and toys.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; local telephone calls (international calls charged to guests); 2 computers with printer.
- Additional Facilities: Barbeque; In-room safes; Generator back-up; Massage beds; Limited daily guest membership at Finns Recreation Club.
|Bedroom||Low seasons||Shoulder seasons||High seasons||Peak seasons|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 990 Nights||$ 1230 Nights||$ 1470 Nights||$ 1850 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check In, Check Out, and Other Conditions
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject to 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted in US Dollar.
- Checkin Time : 2:00 PM
- Checkout Time : 11:00 AM
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 PM
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season: 01 Sep to 15 Dec 2017, 08 Jan to 14 Feb 22 Feb to 23 Mar 15 Apr to 27 Apr 02 May to 15 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2018, 06 Jan to 01 Feb 11 Feb to 04 Apr 22 Apr to 14 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2019
- Shoulder season: 21 Aug to 31 Aug 2017, 24 Mar to 28 Mar 03 Apr to 14 Apr 28 Apr to 01 May 16 Jun to 22 Jun 19 Aug to 31 Aug 2018, 05 Apr to 16 Apr 15 Jun to 21 Jun 18 Aug to 31 Aug 2019
- High season: 16 Dec to 25 Dec 2017, 03 Jan to 07 Jan 15 Feb to 21 Feb 29 Mar to 02 Apr 23 Jun to 18 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2018, 02 Feb to 10 Feb 17 Apr to 21 Apr 22 Jun to 17 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019
- Peak season: 26 Dec to 02 Jan 2018, 26 Dec to 05 Jan 2019, 26 Dec to 04 Jan 2020