Villa Atas Ombak, Batu Belig
Commanding 100 metres of absolute beachfront and set in one and a half acres of gardens on Bali’s south-western coast, Villa Atas Ombak is in a class of its own. Much in demand as a wedding venue, this fully staffed, luxury destination villa is also ideal for extended family gatherings, offering five spacious bedroom suites, generous living and entertainment areas, and a large beach-edge swimming pool. Guests will enjoy the privilege of an abundance of space and privacy and yet some of Bali’s coolest restaurants and bars are just a short stroll along the beach, and the boutiques and bright lights of Seminyak only four kilometres away.
Villa Atas Ombak is extraordinary – a spectacular, absolute beachfront estate set in one and a half acres of mature tropical garden, yet so close to Seminyak that some of Bali’s hippest restaurants and bars are within walking distance. Stroll across the villa’s manicured lawns dotted with lotus ponds and ancient frangipani trees to the beach-edge palm trees and penjors (Balinese offering decorations) and watch the towering waves break onto the sand. Life doesn’t get much better than this.
The villa’s living areas and five bedroom suites are housed in three alang-alang thatched pavilions that extend across the estate. All enjoy magnificent sea views, and the sound of the surf is a constant reminder of Atas Ombak’s pleasingly appropriate name, which means ‘top of the waves’.
Every moment spent in this quintessential Bali beach retreat is full of magic: luxuriate in the shallows of the 14 x 7-metre pool or lounge in the shade of the deeply cushioned poolside balé; retreat to the sea-breeze-cooled living pavilion for a siesta; sip a cool drink on the beachside deck in the glow of one of Bali’s legendary sunsets; savour a gourmet dinner created by the accomplished chefs and served by charming, crisply uniformed staff in the candle-lit gardens. Little wonder this gorgeous villa has captured the hearts of so many newly-weds as well as the headlines of several lifestyle magazines.
One of the delights of staying at Villa Atas Ombak is having such easy access to the beach –the scene of many of the sea-based rituals of Bali’s religious calendar. Walking a little further along the beach, you’ll come to La Lucciola, where you can enjoy the ambiance of this pioneer Bali beachfront restaurant.
A stay at Atas Ombak is truly living the Bali Dream!
Villa Atas Ombak has been oriented to enjoy sublime ocean views from every room. Set well back from the beach for added privacy, the villa’s main building comprises a rather grand reception hall incorporating a formal dining area for 10; a TV room; the ground floor master suite; and two guest bedrooms, one above the other. Beyond the main building, heading towards the pool and beach, is a huge open-sided living pavilion with seating and dining areas, while on the beach edge is the guest pavilion with its two ocean-view suites.
At the heart of this heavenly beachfront estate is the huge open-sided alang-alang thatched living pavilion cooled by the sea breeze and complete with remote control Bose surround-sound system. Even the oversized bamboo sofas are dwarfed in this massive entertainment space, which provides a wonderful dance floor for the many weddings hosted at the villa. A marble-topped dining table with comfy batik-cushioned rattan armchairs encourages social breakfasts and candlelit dinners.
There’s a second, more formal dining area, with long table and ten comfortable armchairs, to the side of the soaring double-height reception hall in the main villa building – an elegant space that lends itself well to special events, and where tall tribal statues stand sentinel. Behind, across a decked walkway over the lotus pond is a professionally equipped kitchen where the staff prepares gourmet meals.
Separated from the reception area by folding doors is the TV room, where an L-shaped leather sofa is set before an antique cabinet housing the TV, DVD player, iPod dock and a fine library of books. From here, a wall of sliding glass doors opens onto lotus ponds and more blissful ocean views.
Within the extensive gardens are other spaces thoughtfully dedicated to quiet reflection, social gathering and serious sun worship.
Good food, effortlessly provided and gracefully served, is such an important part of a relaxing holiday experience. Such is the reputation of the chefs and cooks at Villa Atas Ombak that many guests choose to dine exclusively ‘at home’ even though Bali’s best restaurants are only a short drive away.
Breakfast is a feast in itself, with a choice of continental, American or Indonesian favourites to start your day; and for lunch and dinner there’s an extensive suggestion menu of delicious home-style Indonesian, Asian and international dishes ranging from asparagus risotto to sushi or chili crab and from crème brûlée to raspberry sorbet. There’s an excellent selection of snacks, vegetarian options and children’s favourites, and the chefs can tailor dishes to accommodate any special dietary requirements, or prepare meals for up to 20 guests, should you wish to host a diner party while in residence.
Groceries and beverages are charged at market price (plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate). Guests are requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will do the shopping and keep the receipts for reference. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals the evening before.
Villa Atas Ombak has five bedroom suites – all light, spacious and with sweeping ocean views. The terrazzo floors, billowing white curtains and draped mosquito nets create a cool, clean colour palette, and comfort is assured with a choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan, kimonos and slippers, top-quality King Koil mattresses, feather pillows and cotton linen on the beds (all king-size, with one converting to twins).
A striking contemporary canvas commands attention in the beautifully furnished master suite, which offers such stunning views beyond its sliding glass doors that the satellite TV and DVD player may not get much use! Beyond the dressing area is a huge bathroom with private garden courtyard where guests can shower alfresco or sink into the hamam-style bathtub. Traditional Balinese doors lead from here to a covered jacuzzi plunge pool.
Main house guestrooms
The two guest bedrooms in the main house are simply furnished; their focus being on the glorious ocean views to the front, and the river to the side. Both have private terraces, dressing areas, and pretty bathrooms – one extending into a courtyard garden, the one above looking across a frangipani grove.
Ocean pavilion guestrooms
In a thatched pavilion close to the beach are two further guest bedrooms and a shared open-sided living area. With the ocean visible beyond the glass walls and interiors of whitewashed wood, these bedrooms have a cool beach vibe. Plantation shutters behind the bed reveal smart, ensuite bathrooms with black terrazzo bathtubs and alfresco showers.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival at the villa.
- Turn down service.
- Shopping groceries by villa staff for in-villa dining. Meals preparation at your own villa by our in-house cook or by order - in house menu or menu order selection is available at the villa (extra cost plus fee handling).
- Serviced daily housekeeping.
- Trained guards provide 24-hour security throughout the estate, including along the beach.
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: 14 x 7 metres with Beachside sundeck; Plunge pool by master bedroom.
- Accommodations: 5 air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (5 ensuite bedrooms with king-size beds - 1 converts to twins); 5 extra beds may be set up on guest request at additional charge; Reception hall; Large garden living pavilion; Air-conditioned TV room; Formal dining for 10; informal dining for 10; Additional living area in Ocean guest pavilion; Garden balé.
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs and DVD players in TV room and master bedroom; Bose surround-sound system with remote for living pavilion.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; telephone; mobile phone reception; fax.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; In-room safes; Back-up generator; Limited daily platinum guest membership at Finns Recreation Club.
|Bedroom||Low seasons||Shoulder seasons||High seasons||Peak seasons|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 1870 Nights||$ 2430 Nights||$ 2990 Nights||$ 3350 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject to 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted in US Dollar.
- In villa lunch or dinner grocery cost on guest' account at cost!
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 persons per room.
- Check in time is at 3 P.M.
- Check out time is at 11 A.M.
- Late check out until 18:00 is charged 50% from 1 night rental rate and after 18:00 consider a full night charged.
- Early check in and late check out are subject to space availability and prior notification is requested.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negotiable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period