Villa Sungai Tinggi, Canggu
Properties like Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa are few and far between. This enchanting, traditionally inspired family home is a travel destination in itself, set within a vast estate that boasts over 100 metres of absolute beach frontage looking onto one of south-west Bali’s renowned surf breaks.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa (sungai tinggi means ‘high river’) was designed by long-term Bali residents as a spacious and comfortable family home. Created in the style of a traditional Balinese compound, the villa comprises a series of living and sleeping pavilions oriented for optimum privacy as well as for the glorious ocean views. The four-bedroomed main house (with a lounge that can be converted into a fifth bedroom) can be rented independently from the very private two-bedroom guesthouse that’s located in a quiet corner of the grounds alongside the river. The liberal use of local materials – exotic hardwood and terrazzo floors, coral-limestone walls and vaulted alang-alang thatched roofs – is testimony to the owners’ passion for Bali, as is their stunning collection of museum-quality art and artefacts that contribute to the villa’s unique character and charm.
This appreciation for the local environment extends to the villa’s magnificent tropical gardens, which make a dream setting for a tropical wedding celebration. Soft rolling lawns dotted with fragrant frangipanis and swaying coconut palms hug the landscape’s natural contours, while an 18-metre infinity swimming pool blends seamlessly with the ocean panorama. A circular deck provides ringside seats for viewing Bali’s spectacular sunsets, and a traditional thatched balé decorated in black and white check makes an inviting respite from the sun. Work on your serve at the tennis court (shared with a neighbouring villa), arrange for a soothing massage in your room, or gather for cocktails in the impressive living pavilion. With such a choice of social and private space, Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa is perfect for families or groups of friends.
A friendly staff team pride themselves in taking good care of their guests. From cooking delicious Balinese meals to preparing your canopied bed at night and running your rose-petal bath, they will ensure your stay is truly memorable in every detail. And should you wish to explore beyond the villa, a car and driver maybe arranged for sightseeing, shopping and adventure at a small extra fee.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa has been designed to optimise its extraordinary beachfront setting and ocean views. A large open-sided living pavilion fashioned after a traditional Balinese wantilan (village meeting hall) forms the villa’s social hub. To the left is the master bedroom pavilion with an exclusive lounge. To the right, a two-storey building contains three guest bedrooms and across the gardens, privately positioned to face a small river and the ocean, is a delightful two-bedroom guesthouse with its own plunge pool. Set well back from the living and dining pavilions is a chef’s kitchen and staff service area. In between, a path leads to the full-size tennis court (shared with a neighbouring villa).
Amongst the lush gardens is an 18-metre swimming pool and sundeck and a private coconut grove, complete with large tiled balé pavilion, that makes an idyllic wedding venue.
The huge thatched wantilan-style living and dining pavilion is Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa’s social hub. Cooled by ceiling fans and sea breezes, this open-sided building accords guests spectacular views across the garden towards the ocean from a variety of seating areas set on cream terrazzo floors under a soaring two-tiered roof. Huge sofas provide comfortable space for lounging. A magnificent suar wood table seats 14 for formal dining, while a smaller breakfast table provides a more intimate space for four and the coconut-shell bar is the perfect setting for sundowners and cookery demonstrations. From the living pavilion a covered boardwalk leads to the villa’s kitchen – well equipped and beautifully decorated with a design palette of cream terrazzo and lime-washed teak.
Incorporated within the master bedroom pavilion is a handsomely furnished lounge equipped with a TV artfully concealed in an antique Indonesian cabinet.
The second-floor lounge in the guest bedroom pavilion is blessed with panoramic ocean views.m Its wide windows can be flung open to catch the sea breeze or closed for air conditioned comfort, while rattan chairs and a huge daybed make this a comfortable retreat at any time of the day.
The spacious guesthouse living room provides comfortable seating facing a 42-inch TV, DVD player and music system. A two-seater bistro table makes an alternative breakfast venue for shy couples. Three walls of sliding glass doors open onto the guesthouse veranda and its uninterrupted beach, river and garden views. The veranda is furnished with rattan chairs, and extends to a delightful rivers-edge dining area with table for six.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa’s owners have lavished much love and attention into creating the villa’s lush landscaped gardens; fishponds with bubbling water features, fragrant frangipanis and tropical coconut palms all mix harmoniously with the surrounding natural environment. From the living pavilion, manicured lawns of Japanese grass roll towards the beach, and the natural green-stone pool is perfect for refreshing dips. Sun seekers will enjoy lounging on the poolside deck and the garden balé is just the spot for sea-breeze-cooled siestas. As night falls, drinks and supper can be served at the poolside dining table under a canopy of stars.
Over in the guesthouse, a bamboo lounger, double sunbed and parasol are set before a plunge pool with seating and jacuzzi jets.
In the villa’s private coconut grove is a large event balé with guest washrooms, purpose-built to facilitate weddings and celebrations for up to 200 guests. From the coconut grove a raised timber walkway meanders to the beach.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa’s master suite is spectacular. Here, an exquisite collection of antiques and artefacts vie for attention with the ocean view beyond the private terrace. From behind the four-poster king-size bed, a Buddha statue casts its protective eyes over sleeping guests, while armchairs around a small round table provide a cosy spot for morning coffee. Hidden behind traditional carved doors is a dressing area. Equally impressive in size and décor is the garden bathroom, with open-air shower, twin washbasins and a circular terrazzo bathtub for two.
Main house guest bedrooms
Three guest bedrooms in the main house feature whitewashed four-poster king-size beds (two are convertible to twins), draped in mosquito netting and dressed with crisp white linen and batik cushions that contrast nicely against the Bengkirai wood floor. The two downstairs rooms open onto the garden, while the upstairs bedroom opens onto a balcony shared with an adjacent lounge and panoramic ocean views. Each comes with air conditioning and ceiling fans. All three ensuite bathrooms are individually designed – one has a sunken terrazzo tub, another an alfresco shower, and the upstairs bathroom a shower looking out over rice-fields.
The very private guesthouse at Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa has two bedrooms: a river-view master bedroom with a king-size bed, and a same-size twin-bedded room (can also be set up as king) looking onto the coconut grove. These romantic teakwood-panelled retreats feature antique armoires and distinctive Indonesian furniture, decorative Madura panels and black-and-white prints of 1930s Bali. Both offer air conditioning and overhead fans. These rooms share a bathroom fitted with a huge circular bathtub, monsoon shower and granite washbasin.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Gardeners maintain the beautiful gardens, expanse of lawn and swimming pool.
- Security guards are on duty between 4pm and 7am daily.
- The skilled chef and kitchen team will happily prepare anything from the Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’ suggestion menus (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Four housekeepers attend to daily domestic duties and also serve meals.
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- In-house spa therapist (extra cost).
- Area: 2,700sqm (land).
- Pool: Main pool 18m x 5m; guesthouse plunge pool with jacuzzi jets.
- Accommodation: Main house 1 king and 3 twin rooms convertible to king; Guesthouse 1 king and 1 twin-bedded room convertible to king; 2 extra beds may be set up for 2 kids (extra charge applies); Open living and dining pavilion with table for 14; TV lounge; upper floor lounge; garden balé; guesthouse lounge and furnished veranda.
- Entertainment: Satellite channel TVs and DVD players; Stereo system with iPod dock in living pavilion and guesthouse lounge; DVD library; Book library; Board games.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access; Phone available for local calls; International calls charged to guest.
- Family: A baby cot; High chair; Pool toys; DVDs; Books; Games.
- Spa: Treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists in the privacy of the villa (extra costs apply).
- Sport : Shared tennis court; 4 mountain bikes.
- Event: Events catering for up to 200 people can be held at the coconut grove within the villa’s spacious grounds when all six bedrooms are rented. Smaller events for up to 60 guests (or 40 seated) can be held on the lawns in front of the villa.
- Additional Facilities: Barbecue, tennis court (shared), back-up generator, safe.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 940 Nights||$ 1060 Nights||$ 1170 Nights||$ 1920 Nights|
|6 Bedroom Bed||$ 1310 Nights||$ 1470 Nights||$ 1620 Nights||$ 1920 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa's facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 02 April (excluding CNY & Easter Week); 15 -27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 -28 March; 16 June - 30 September; 3 - 14 April; 28 April - 1 May; 16 -22 June; 19 -31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; CNY; Easter Week; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 02 January.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request’s a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request’s the total rental amount is payable as a deposit
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 02 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period