Villa Joss, Batu Belig
Beautiful Villa Joss typifies all the comforts and glamour of modern tropical living while preserving an exotic atmosphere and a distinctive Balinese charm.
Completed in August 2010, the contemporary Balinese architecture of Villa Joss features a living room and dining room pavilion, a four bedroom pavilion, an entertainment room and business centre, and an open air 'bale' lounge pavilion in the spacious gardens with a 16-metre swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi. The architect's other work can be seen in some of Seminyak's finest venues including Ku De Ta. Villa Joss is named after the owner's daughter.
The fine art traditions of Bali have been highlighted with care in Villa Joss. Upon entering the main gate, guests are greeted by a stone relief carving of Balinese Gamelan musicians which dates back to the Majapahit Kingdom's retreat from Java to Bali in the 1500's.
The original carving is found in one of Bali's oldest temples, Pura Dalem in Desa Singepadu Tengah, and was reproduced at Villa Joss by a family of artisans from Batu Bulan, the most famous stone-carving village in Bali. The gorgeous entrance to Villa Jossinvolves a covered walkway bordered by lotus ponds with Koi fish; all draped in a hanging garden of green vines leading up to a serene seated stone Buddha set against a cascading waterfall. The bedrooms and living spaces of the 4 bedroom Villa Jossshowcase beautiful fine art paintings and limited-edition litho prints by some of Indonesia's best-known artists. Each bathroom features a stone relief carving detailing different aspects of the main temple carving inside the main gate.
The walled garden and graceful interiors offer an abundance of space, natural light and separate places to relax. Children can enjoy a BOSE surround sound movie on the 48″ flat screen TV in the entertainment pavilion while one group of adults enjoy some reading in the living room, and another group of adults lounge, surf the internet or watch sports on the 45″ flat screen TV in the garden 'bale'. The pool deck is punctuated with big pots of flowering lotus. The interiors of the villa have been lovingly furnished, accented with colour and completed with delightful attention to detail.
The owners have made every effort to employ 'Green Friendly' technologies in the construction of Villa Joss including low energy lighting and a combination of solar and low energy convection water heating systems. Similarly, with the exception of certain high end imported fittings and equipment that were not available in Indonesia, every effort was made to use local materials and craftsmen. All furniture was locally made in Bali and Java.
There are four bedroom suites with polished teak floors and cabinetry in the two-storey sleeping pavilion. Three are furnished with king size beds and one with twin beds (which can be put together with a specially designed top mattress). Each has an ensuite bathroom, as well as a spacious dressing area with plenty of hanging space. Each bedroom is equipped with a 42” satellite-channel flat screen TV plus a DVD player (upon request), air-conditioning, ceiling fan, safe deposit box and WiFi internet connection. The bedroom walls are adorned with beautiful original paintings by famous Indonesian artists as detailed under the heading “The Art & Artists”.
Master Bedroom Suite
The Master Bedroom Suite is located on ground level with sliding glass doors opening onto a covered terrace beside the swimming pool. It is accented in green and gold with a warm teakwood floor and a large bright painting by Made Gunawan of the Elephant God – Ganesh – surrounded by elfish characters dancing and playing. This spacious bedroom is furnished with a king-size ornately hand carved four poster bed with white shear curtains, copper bedside lamps and a 42” satellite-channel TV positioned on a matching cabinet. There is a spacious seat at the foot of the bed and a teak cabinet dressing area with plenty of hanging space.
Joss Bedroom Suite
The Joss Bedroom Suite also sits on the ground level with a teak wood floor and sliding glass doors opening onto a covered terrace beside the swimming pool. The room presents a fun and flamboyant colour scheme with a red lacquered cabinet, matching red lamps and the striking ‘Made Pejeng’ oil painting by the renowned artist Krijono. It features a hand carved four-poster bed draped in white shear curtains – and pink shears are available upon request to thrill any princesses staying in the Joss Bedroom Suite! There is a cushioned bench at the foot of the bed, a 42” satellite-channel TV and a teak cabinet dressing area with plenty of hanging space.
Mount Agung Suite
The Mount Agung Suite is the upstairs master, with a teakwood floor, a green theme, and sliding glass doors that open onto a delightful shared balcony offering big sky views of Bali’s carefree kites flying over the treetops. The section of balcony immediately outside the bedroom is furnished with a table and four chairs, making it a lovely spot for breakfast. The room has a king-size bed with matching cushioned bench, side tables with white woven aluminium bedside lamps and is equipped with a 42” satellite-channel TV. The “Odalan” oil painting on the wall by Atjeng, features a colourful Balinese beachside ceremony – much like those guests can enjoy during their stay in Bali. There is also a large dressing area with plenty of hanging space.
The Batubelig Suite is also located upstairs, accented in gold and copper, with a teak wood floor and sliding glass doors that open onto the shared balcony. The balcony is furnished with a comfy upholstered sofa and chairs, and offers views of the greenery and rooftops of Batubelig village. This bedroom offers the facility of twin beds (which alternatively can be joined with a specially designed top mattress) and a 42” satellite-channel TV positioned on a matching dark wood cabinet. The “Ke Pura” oil painting by Maria Tjui features a beautiful Balinese temple ceremony. There is also a large dressing area with plenty of hanging space.
The air-conditioned living and dining pavilion is framed in a soaring timber-lined roof with beautiful exposed beams and exquisite natural woodwork, three ceiling fans, a marble floor and folding wood framed glass doors on three sides that can be opened to invite the garden indoors. The room is furnished with a massive deeply cushioned leather sofa, two matching leather armchairs and a stainless steel arched reading lamp. On the opposite side is a 3.6 metre dining table for ten which is lit by elegant green glass and cast aluminium pendant lamps. The table is made of teak recycled from old buildings in Java along with the teak and black leather strap dining room chairs. The ambiance of the living and dining pavilion is enhanced by the BOSE sound system.
The air-conditioned multipurpose room features a high open ceiling with beautiful exposed beams and natural woodwork, a BOSE surround sound home theatre, play area for children and business centre. It is finished with a polished teak wood floor, a trio of blue hand-blown glass lanterns, and folding wood framed glass doors. One half of the room is fitted with an L-shaped built-in recycled teak wood desk that runs along two walls, equipped with plenty of electricity sockets so that guests can plug in their laptop computers and make use of the WiFi internet connection. The other side of this spacious room is furnished with a large comfortable L-shaped sofa and a long floor to ceiling shelf unit full of magazines, books and local artefacts. The multipurpose room is equipped with a 48” satellite-channel flat screen TV, DVD player and BOSE digital sound system.
Villa Joss has an excellent Chef and Assistant Cook who offer a dining service with a full international menu and a wonderful array of dishes. The cook can prepare anything from snacks up to five-course dinners, or other requests as required. Guests can opt to dine in the air-conditioned comfort of the living and dining room, which is the also the perfect setting for a dinner party. Alternatively, for a more intimate or casual experience, the open-sided dining bale in the garden is a lovely spot to enjoy breakfast, alfresco lunches or casual barbeques. Many Western meals are available, but guests are also recommended to sample some of the local Balinese and Indonesian dishes for a unique cultural experience. The cook will strive to fulfill any special dietary requirements or requests for dishes that are not on the menu. Dinner parties and small functions can all catered within the villa for small groups. All beverages are charged per drink, except for wine which is charged by the bottle. Any special beverage orders will also be accommodated.
Food items and non-alcoholic beverages are charged on the basis of a grocery cost system (+ additional 20% service charge added to groceries bill). Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will do the shopping and keep the receipts for reference. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals the evening before.
Large Dining Groups
While the villa has large food preparation areas, it is not a restaurant and cannot support each individual guest ordering different foods for same dining periods. If you have a large group it is advisable that the group dines on the same dish or that you order several dishes to be shared. Please allow at least one day’s notice, and feel free to discuss any requirements with the chef or villa manager.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival at the villa.
- Turn down service.
- Free mineral drinking water for the duration of stay.
- Shopping groceries by villa staff for in-villa dining. Meals preparation at your own villa by our in-house cook or by order in-house menu or menu order selection is available at the villa (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Serviced daily housekeeping.
- 24-hour security guard is available.
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: Private 16m x 4m swimming pool.
- Accommodations: 4 air-conditioned bedrooms (4 king bedded rooms, one of which is convertible to twin). 4 extra beds may be set up on guest request at additional charge; Living area; Dining room; Garden balé; Media room.
- Entertainment: 42” satellite TV in each room; BOSE three zone digital sound system; Media room featuring 48″ flat screen TV, BOSE surround sound and satellite connection; Garden ‘Balé‘ featuring 45″ flat screen TV; DVD, CD, games and book collection.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access throughout; telephone for local calls.
- Additional Facilities: Safety deposit box in each bedroom; Jacuzzi with table and umbrella.
|Bedroom||Low season||Shoulder season||High season||Peak season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 490 Nights||$ 570 Nights||$ 650 Nights||$ 970 Nights|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 580 Nights||$ 680 Nights||$ 780 Nights||$ 970 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check In and Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January – 02 April (excluding CNY & Easter Week); 15 -27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 -28 March; 16 June – 30 September; 3 - 14 April; 28 April - 1 May; 16 -22 June; 19 -31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; CNY; Easter Week; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December – 02 January.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 09 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period