Vila Alamanda , Ubud
On the outskirts of Ubud, perched high on a jungle-clad hillside overlooking a ravine, lies the beautiful Villa Alamanda. This four-bedroom villa epitomises peace and tranquillity and is the perfect retreat for those seeking a quiet and relaxing holiday within easy reach of Bali’s exotic cultural centre.
Villa Alamanda is a special place. After four years searching for the perfect location to create their dream holiday home, the owners decided on the lush jungle setting near Ubud, and their affection for this tropical paradise is evident as soon as you open the villa doors.
Set high on a ravine amongst tall trees, lush green foliage and twittering birds this four-bedroom villa takes you back in time. Alamanda is part of a traditional wood-carvers’ village that conjures up images of the Bali of yesteryear. Here, guests are privy to the routines of daily Balinese life from elaborate Hindu ceremonies to children playing in the street.
What really makes this villa special is the way its design complements its natural setting with alang-alang thatched roofs, wooden beams and polished floors featuring a large open-sided terrace to enjoy the balmy tropical climate. Air-conditioned king-size bedrooms with marble ensuite bathrooms provide the perfect respite from the heat along with the fully enclosed media room.
The gardens are spectacular, with a 13 x 9 metre infinity pool that hangs over the ravine and a poolside balé just made for relaxing. Frangrant frangipanis, red heliconias and the bright-yellow alamanda (after which the villa is named) inject colour against the rich green foliage of the surrounding jungle.
The villa’s location is convenient for accessing nearby attractions including Ubud, Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave) and the UNESCO rice terraces of Tegallalang. The villa staff team, including the villa’s experienced in-house chef, will look after you well: all meals can be selected from a suggestion menu on guest account. But if guests do wish to dine out, there are plenty of dining options in Ubud catering for every taste and budget.
Perched on a hillside high above a ravine, Villa Alamanda is built on two levels. Guests enter the main living quarters through imposing antique carved wood doors that open to a foyer and long T-shaped living and dining terrace with wood floors and an alang-alang thatched roof. The master bedroom, red room and cinnamon room all face the ravine and open onto this terrace.
To one side of the main house rests the garden bedroom suite and media room, with the kitchen located at the rear. To the other side, a steep stone staircase leads down to the beautiful gardens and swimming pool area, where sun loungers, an outdoor dining table and the poolside balé beckon.
Villa Alamanda is characterised by a delightful T-shaped terrace that stretches the length of the main house. This beautiful open-sided living space features polished wooden floors, high ceilings hung with overhead fans, and wooden balustrading that makes the most of the villa’s picturesque natural environment. Two daybeds adorned with silk cushions provide the perfect places to meditate and enjoy soothing sounds on the CD player.
The dining area that juts out over the ravine and is furnished with a wooden table for eight, is the ideal spot for an intimate dinner party. The kitchen, which delivers exquisite meals, is housed in the staff quarters at the rear of the property.
The fully enclosed air-conditioned media room adjacent to the garden suite is equipped with a large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD player, games, toys, movies, bean bags and a comfortable sofa.
Its unique jungle setting is what makes Villa Alamanda special and the owners have designed the gardens to make the most of the tropical surroundings. An arched gateway with Balinese doors marks the entrance to the enchanting garden accessed by a flight of 17 stone stairs.
A curved 13 x 9-metre blue-tiled infinity swimming pool gives the illusion of disappearing into the ravine as water cascades over its edge. Sun loungers and umbrellas rest on the Palimanan stone pool terrace strategically placed to capture the sun. A round outdoor dining table is ideal for casual poolside dining while the thatched balé, equipped with bright coloured cushions and a CD player, is perfect for sunset cocktails.
A grassed area with two carved wooden seats and a traditional Hindu shrine makes a lovely setting for an intimate wedding blessing or a private yoga session.
At Villa Alamanda, all four air-conditioned bedrooms feature king-size beds, polished wooden floors, high-vaulted alang-alang ceilings, glass sliding doors with louvre shutters, safety deposit boxes and an ensuite bathroom with shower and bathtub.
The spacious master bedroom, or honeymoon suite, is furnished with Indonesian artefacts and artwork by local artists. A large lantern suspended from the ceiling creates a romantic ambiance while glass sliding doors with wooden shutters open onto the outdoor terrace where a daybed is positioned for relaxing and taking in the jungle views.
Louvre doors open to a dressing room which, in turn, leads to the master bathroom with its sunken marble bath and shower. Shuttered windows open out to the garden and pool area below capturing the natural breeze.
Cinnamon and Red Room
Similar in design these two neighbouring bedrooms are differentiated by their furnishings. The Red room is characterised by red lamps and paintings, while the Cinnamon room gets its name from the scented cinnamon-stick vase arrangement above the bed. Both rooms feature a private walled garden bathroom and open onto the large living terrace with a daybed for curling up and enjoying a good book.
A separate pavilion houses the Garden suite, which is decorated with Indonesian artefacts, paintings and tapestries. This suite has a fully enclosed marble bathroom and its own private deck for soaking up the tropical surrounds. The Garden suite is located next to the media room.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit
- Assisting from Villa Manager during your stay.
- Skilled private chef will happily prepare anything from the Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s suggestion menus (local dishes are the chef’s specialties) with extra cost plus handling fee.
- A butler is on hand daily to assist you with whatever you should need.
- Daily housekeeping and domestic duties (three housekeepers), and a lady from the local village also performs daily offerings throughout the villa in keeping with Balinese Hindu tradition.
- A gardener ensures the villa gardens are maintained on a daily basis.
- The pool is serviced daily by a pool attendant.
- Providing a driver and car (seating up to seven passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day at a cost of USD$35++/day (excluding petrol).
- A security guard provides night-time security.
- Area: 2900 sqm (property)
- Pool: Swimming pool 13 m x 9 m with poolside balé.
- Accomodation: 4 air-conditioned bedrooms with king-size beds and bathroom; extra bed available at extra cost. Open-sided living and dining terrace; air-conditioned media room.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; CD player.
- Communication: WiFi; Landline for local and IDD calls (extra charge); Mobile phone coverage.
- Family: High chair; Baby cot with net; Blender; DVDs, toys.
- A driver and car (seating up to seven passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day at a cost of USD$35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Additional facility: Safes in each bedroom.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 475 Nights||$ 550 Nights||$ 625 Nights||$ 750 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check In and Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January – 02 April (excluding CNY & Easter Week); 15 -27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 -28 March; 16 June – 30 September; 3 - 14 April; 28 April - 1 May; 16 -22 June; 19 -31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; CNY; Easter Week; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December – 02 January.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 02 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period