Villa Kelusa, Ubud
If you are seeking the real Bali, the enchanted Bali, the Bali so loved by musicologist Colin McPhee (author of “A House in Bali”), Charlie Chaplin, and the artists Antonio Blanco and Walter Spies VILLA KELUSA is beckoning you.
VILLA KELUSA is an enchanting, four-building compound on an isolated 3.1 hectares (8 acres) in the true, vibrant, beating heart of Bali. The lovely and ultra-private Villa Kelusa is nestled in the Balinese foothills beneath the very small, traditional village of Kelusa. At jungle’s edge, atop a vast amphitheater of rice paddies cascading down into the deep gorge of the holy Pakuseba River, Villa Kelusa commands a panoramic view of a distant ridge of nine ancient volcanoes. Sitting high on top of the ridge, Villa Kelusa creates a soothing grandstand from which to watch local farmers harvest rice; and the gorge is so vast that on most mornings, clouds and birds drift by below.
While practically untouched by the modern world, Kelusa is also a surprisingly short drive up the hill from Ubud, a very large, bustling village which, with its world-renowned restaurants, dance performances, art galleries and nearby 5-star hotels, is considered the cultural center of Bali.Villa Kelusa blends together two properties, PONDOK SAPI (the Shed of the Cow) and PONDOK SURYA (Sunset House), which can be rented separately or together. All bedrooms, as well as living and dining areas, have breathtaking views.
Pondok Sapi, which means “pavilion of the cow” is named after the ubiquitous Balinese thatched sheds which dot the jungles and also shelter the farmers in their rice terraces. Pondok Sapi was designed as the private residence of a retired American writer and television journalist. Three separate buildings make up Pondok Sapi.
Immediately to the North of Villa Kelusa’s entry gate rests the Main Pavilion, an open-air entertainment structure with breathtaking views of the Pakuseba Canyon. The Main Pavilion contains a gourmet kitchen, dining and living areas, full bathroom and an enclosed, air-conditioned media room that can be converted into a luxury bedroom.
The next building is the air conditioned Glass House, a two-story glass-walled studio with a library and two spacious in-suite master bedrooms with king beds. The bottom suite can also be configured with two single beds. The doors and windows open completely to bring the surroundings inside.
The Northernmost building is an open air Pool Cabana with a private infinity pool and lounge area, with access to a large, landscaped lawn and rock garden.
All buildings are perched atop a ridge, above tiled rice paddies that cascade down an enormous, steep ravine to the Pakuseba River and face West to maximize stunning sunset views over nine ancient volcanoes.
Pondok Surya, or Sunset House, rests to the South of the main entrance to Villa Kelusa. It was also designed with open, panoramic views of the rice paddies, jungle and mountains.
The main floor is designed around a 20-meter infinity lap pool which runs through the center of the house. An interior bridge carved from a single piece of ironwood connects the living and entertainment areas.
Also on the main floor is an enclosed kitchen and beautifully-landscaped outdoor (but private) bathroom. In addition, there is an air-conditioned guest room that can be configured with a king bed or two single beds.
Pondok Surya has a large, air-conditioned, second story in-suite master bedroom with a king bed and a wrap-around terrace. The sliding glass walls open up to bring the outside in. The master bath contains a massive custom bathtub, hand-carved from a single, giant tree, which looks out over the cascading rice fields.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Serving daily Breakfast.
- Turn down service.
- Preparing lunch and dinner menu (extra price plus handling fee).
- In-house massage (surcharge).
- Arranging outdoor activity booking (rafting, biking, volcano hike, Elephant Park, etc.) at cost.
- Area: Private villa
- Pool: Private infinity pool.
- Accomodation: 4 air-conditioned bedrooms (2 with king size beds, 2 with 2 single beds each) with en-suite bathrooms; Library; Fully equipped kitchen; Dinning room; Living room.
- Entertainment: flatscreen satellite TV; DVD/book/CD library.
- Communication: WiFi internet connection; Telephone.
- Family: Kelusa is well equipped for families.
- Additional Facility: Safety boxes.
|Bedroom||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 595 Nights||$ 795 Nights||$ 895 Nights|
|Tax||: 15 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- All rates excluded 15% of tax and service.
- Checkin Time : 2:00 P.M.
- Checkout Time : 12:00 A.M.
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability.
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 P.M.
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 3 nights): The rest of the year.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): Chinese New Year; Easter Week; 01 Jul – 15 Sep.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 20 December – 10 January.