Villa Tanju, Canggu
Lounging in the blue hour with a view of the sea as the pool glimmers in harmony with the ocean. Slowly the sun sets, reflecting its brilliance in the spray of the whitecaps. The sky changes color; bizarre figures emerge, orange and gold, luminescent pink melting into copper. The glowing red ball of the sun, immense and seemingly close enough to touch, hovers for a breath over an equally huge black rock -- as if the sun would fit inside it until it sinks into the golden water. This is the evening drama from a lounge chair at TanJuBali’s swimming pool.
What makes TanJuBali so different is its privacy and a non-commercial atmosphere that never sacrifices professionalism. As you arrive and the doors shut behind you, a row of Buddhist stone figures form a guard of honor. The path gently winds down, over a small bridge, past flowers and fountains to the villa. There is an ensemble of four very different small villas on the property, openly designed and sensitively furnished.
TanJuBali sits on a rise, separated from the sea by a strip of beach, with a view of the majestic rock formation in the water where the sun goes down. An ancient temple appears on the left of the rock. The architecture of the villa is classic Balinese, spacious with deep wood tones. The houses are arranged on the property with sure intuition: none blocks another’s view of the sea. Each has its own style, atmosphere and function:
The Enchanting Host Villa
This is the most intimate house, situated at the front of the property. Relax on the terrace on a Balinese lounge, and enjoy a view of the sea right from the bed. There is a dressing room, and in the back, a stylish bath that is open to the entrancing grounds, with Italian-style sinks and a sunken bathtub for two. You can shower under the Balinese sky.
The Stylish Guest Villa
Every room is different, every detail carefully selected. The house itself is situated discreetly at a good vantage point. Downstairs are two beautifully designed bedrooms, one with a French bed and one with a twin, attached to a romantic open-air bath. Climb the stairs under the sky, and from the veranda on the first story, a panoramic view of the ocean unfolds. This floor also features a spacious bedroom with a canopy bed and a bathroom furnished with mother-of-pear shell basins, a studio and a TV room with a flat-screen TV and broadband Internet access.
The Open Kitchen Studio
This is the workroom for our creative chefs, complete with a professional “Smeg?stove and an American refrigerator, plenty of equipment and all the supplies needed to prepare a picnic for the beach or a five-course candle-light dinner by the pool.
The Covered Dining Area
Open but protected above by a large slab of wood on stone blocks, this is a shady meeting place for socializing, play and enjoyment.
The Living Pavilion
Roomy and open, with plenty of atmosphere, the view from here looks over the pool directly onto the ocean. Make yourself comfortable on the inviting couches and watch the seascape by the glow of huge candles brought from Beijing. Enjoy music played from eight speakers, or simply listen to the ocean‘s song.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Personalized luxury-class service.
- Organizing surfing, motor boat, diving and etc (extra cost).
- Arranging to provide car rentals for guests. Car rental rates start from approximately US $50.00 -$65.00 daily depending on make & age of vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Area: 2300 sqm; Villa 414 sqm.
- Pool: 75 sqm "endless" pool opening to the ocean with towels and cold drinks stand ready.
- Accommodation: 1 Master with Balinese-Four-Post-Bed; 2 Bedrooms with double bed; 1 Bedroom with twin beds; 1 Open Air bathroom (master) with big bathtub for two 2 Open Air bathrooms (with Shower and bathtub) 1 Bathroom with shower; Living Pavilion approx. 60 sqm; Dining Pavilion approx 40 sqm; Study room; Kitchen approx 25 sqm.
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV.
- Communication: Broadband Internet Access.
- Sport: Petanque and the cricket.
- Car rental & English speaking Driver.
|Bedroom||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 650 Nights||$ 750 Nights||$ 750 Nights|
|Tax||: 15 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low Season (minimum stay 3 - 6 nights): 11 January - 30 June; 01 September - 19 December (excluding CNY and Easter Week).
- High Season (minimum stay 10 nights): CNY; Easter Week; 01 July to 31 August.
- Peak Season (minimum stay 10 nights): 20 December to 10 January.
To secure the booking we require your written confirmation to book the villa. We will then send you a pro forma invoice for a deposit payment, which is 50% of the total rental outlay. Payments can be made by bank Telegraphic Transfer (TT).
- The balance of payment is required a full 45 days prior to arrival, 60 days for Christmas/New Year bookings, or immediately if the booking is made less than 45 days prior to arrival.
- As all villa bookings are on a first come first serve basis, we recommend that you settle the payment as soon as possible.
- Upon receipt of your written confirmation to book a villa we can hold the villa booking open for 7 full workings days to allow for the process of payment.
The villa must receive notice of any villa booking cancellation in writing. If it is possible for us to change your booking, your Deposit will be refunded in full, less a US$200 administration fee, if the reservation is cancelled 61 days prior or more prior to arrival (90 days for Christmas bookings). In the event a reservation is cancelled less than 61 days prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeit. Final payments are non refundable.