Villa Ria Sayan, Ubud
The village of Sayan stretched along the top of a narrow ridge that ran up into the mountains. Every three days a crowded bus rattled down from the Chinese coffee plantations to den Pasar, choking and stalling as it climbed back again at night. The land I wanted lay at the end of the village, next to the graveyard, on the edge of a deep ravine. Far below ran the river; across the valley rice fields rose in terraces and disappeared in the coconut groves. Behind these ran the mountains of Tabanan, and far off to the south a triangle of sea shone between the hills. The land had once been terraced to grow rice, but now was covered with grass and shaded with coconuts. It descended in several steps to the edge of the cliff, where it dropped four hundred feet. From below came the faint roar of the river as it rushed among the rocks and stones.
Villa Ria Sayan is nestled into the natural hillside amongst fruit trees, tropical plants and flowers. You enter the walled villa compound from the parking area through an antique entrance gate, and follow a path through the garden, past the temple, down stone steps, and over a small fish pond at the main villa entrance. From here will experience one of the most spectacular views in all of Bali - the famous Sayan Gorge.
The villa is furnished with Indonesian antique furniture and artifacts, hand woven textiles and local Balinese crafts The entrance foyer's stone stairs lead down to a spacious, open-air, traditional Balinese style living and dining pavilion with alang-alang roof. This main living area overlooks the natural stone tile, infinity style swimming pool and pool terrace. A separate, fully equipped staff kitchen is located adjacent to the dining area. Stone walls, fountains, and ponds surround the main pavilion. A few steps lead directly from the main pavilion to the swimming pool and patio area with umbrella shaded teakwood dining table, pool loungers, and poolside bale.
From the entrance foyer antique Balinese doors open to the villa's two master guest bedrooms with garden style ensuite bathrooms. Each is furnished with four poster, king size bed with mosquito netting, ceiling fan, and air conditioner.
The upper level of the villa is reached by timber stairs from the entrance foyer. Here you will find a combination study/ guestroom and additional garden style bathroom. Floor to ceiling windows overlook the pool area, the rice fields and village temple on the far side of the valley. The wall of windows fold open for cool breezes or close for air conditioned sleeping. The study is furnished with a three quarter size antique Javanese bed, oversize desk, armchairs and entertainment center. Equipment includes a bar fridge, telephone/fax, satellite flat screen HD television, VCD and CD players; and a growing library of recent fiction, books on culture, local design, and guidebooks.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Daily continental Breakfast.
- Turn down service.
- Chef prepares villa menu includes Indonesian, Western, Asian, Vegetarian, as well as special selections for children (extra cost plus handlimg fee).
- Laundry available at extra charge.
- Doctor on call (cost applied).
- Area: Private area.
- Pool: Infinity swimming pool.
- Accommodation: Two master bedrooms with bathroom, king size bed, Mosquito netting, Ceiling fan, and Air conditioner; Main living area; Dinning room; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite flat screen HD television; VCD and CD players; And a growing library of recent fiction, books on culture, local design, and guidebooks.
- Communication: WiFi; Telephone/fax,
- Family: Ria Sayan is well equipped for families.
- Parking area.
- Additional Facilities: Extra single bed available, Hair dryers, Fire extinguishers, Smoke alarms; Guest safe.
|Bedroom||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2 Bedroom Bed||$ 380 Nights||$ 456 Nights||$ 492 Nights|
|Tax||: 15 %|
Terms & Conditions
Term, Check In and Check Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- All rates excluded 15% of tax and service
- Checkin Time : 2:00 P.M.
- Checkout Time : 12:00 A.M.
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability.
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 P.M.
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): The rest of the year.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): Chinese New Year; Easter Week; 01 July – 15 September.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 20 December – 10 January.