Villa Maridadi, Canggu
Villa Maridadi is what dreams are made of: incredible ocean views,stunning sunsets and luxurious open-air living amidst vivid green rice fields and rustling coconut palms.Just metres from Cemagi's black sandy shores and the revered sea temple Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus on the island's south-west coast,this five-bedroom villa with 20-metre swimming pool embraces peace and tranquillity offering real insight into Bali's traditional way of life.
Enhanced by the warm hospitality of a caring staff team,and classic Balinese architecture,this relaxed and comfortable home is the perfect place to unwind,slow down and disappear into a secluded paradise.Dine on delicacies prepared by the villa chef,fall asleep to the sooting sound of the waves and awaken to a private oasis-a stay at Villa Maridadi is an experience you'll never forget.
The word maridadi means beautiful in Swahili, and Villa Maridadi more than lives up to its name. This stunning five-bedroom residence with traditional alang-alang thatched roofs, lush tropical gardens, generous green-stone swimming pool, lavish living spaces and spectacular ocean views exudes beauty from every pore.
Set on 5,000 square metres in the sleepy seaside village of Cemagi on Bali’s south-west coast this family style villa offers an authentic Balinese experience. Bordered by rice fields on one side and glistening black-sand beaches on the other, and with the sea temple of Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus punctuating the horizon, guests at Maridadi are not only treated to stunning panoramas but also to the most enchanting and exotic of Balinese traditions. It is through observing the rice farmer tending his fields and witnessing the elaborate ceremonial processions at the temple that the true essence of this Island of the Gods is revealed.
Thoughtfully designed for relaxation and comfort, this spacious and welcoming home mixes traditional architecture and artefacts with easy modern living. Throughout the villa, splashes of vibrant red – in the soft furnishings, the bright parasols and the magnificent flowering heliconias – contrast beautifully against the teak wood furniture and the green of the well manicured lawns. Five large air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious garden bathrooms provide guests with total peace and privacy; two of them include twin roll-out beds, making the rooms ideal for families. Options for leisure and entertainment are endless with a games room, shared tennis court, 20-metre swimming pool, open-sided living and dining pavilion, massage balé and an adorable thatched rice barn, or lumbung, overlooking the ocean and perfect for sunset cocktails.
A treasured ingredient of a stay at this villa is the warm and friendly staff. From the attentive butlers to the experienced in-house chef they will gladly attend to your requests with a minimum of fuss, whether it be arranging a spa service or preparing your favourite meal.
The added beauty of Villa Maridadi is that although you may well choose not to leave this sumptuous oasis, the world famous surf breaks of Echo Beach, the Nirwana Bali Golf Course and an exciting choice of places to eat, drink and shop in up-and-coming Canggu are just a 10-minute drive away, while cosmopolitan Seminyak, with an even greater choice of restaurants and boutiques, can be reached in about half an hour.
Villa Maridadi’s wooden Balinese doors open to reveal a seated Buddha statue holding red hibiscus flowers. Stepping-stones lead guests across a fishpond full of lush aquatic plants to a paved promenade where two striking red pillars featuring antique temple windows provide a focal point (and a centrepiece to the villa logo).
From here a path continues to the broad, open-sided living and dining area that overlooks the pool. The five air-conditioned bedrooms, each with ocean views, are located in four separate pavilions throughout the villa compound where intriguing artefacts and sculptures evoke a spiritual and tranquil ambiance.
Super-king Master Suite
This stand-alone, ocean-view suite features a lofty thatched roof, ceiling fan (in addition to air conditioning) and solid teak floors. The bedroom is accessed via two sets of sliding glass doors, one opening onto a patio where daybeds beckon. Back inside, beautiful Javanese wood is crafted to form the super-king four-poster bed and a decorative wall carving. Teak wardrobes provide plenty of hanging space.
In the bathroom, a cream terrazzo tub shelters beneath the thatch while the shower stands open to the elements in a sunny walled garden. Connecting to the bedroom is a study furnished with a writing desk and a large window seat from which to view the flat-screen satellite TV with DVD player. A trundle bed or baby cot can be set up in the study which, together with the adjacent garden shower room, makes an ideal suite for young families.
King Master Suites 1 and 2
Two master suites are housed in separate buildings behind the living and dining pavilion and also feature teakwood floors and alang-alang thatched ceilings. Interesting artefacts and bright abstract paintings distinguish the two rooms, however both feature king-size beds draped in mosquito netting, ceiling fans (in addition to air conditioning), and stone-walled garden bathrooms comprising a cream terrazzo bathtub and wash basin plus an open-air Palimanan stone shower. A patio area provides the perfect place to take in the ocean views.
Guest Bedrooms 3 and 4
Directly behind the master suites is a large two-storey building fitted out with a games/TV room upstairs and two guest bedrooms downstairs. Both light and airy bedrooms feature large twin beds (which can be converted into a king bed, and have trundle beds underneath) – perfect for children – and a garden bathroom with open-air shower.
The grand, open-sided living and dining pavilion sits strategically overlooking the pool and ocean. Its soaring thatched roof is held high by round coconut-wood pillars to maximise the breeze. Surrounded by beautiful lily ponds punctuated with charming water features, this really is the ideal spot to socialise and enjoy the tropical lifestyle. Lounging options range from the oversized daybed upholstered in bright red to the comfortable wicker sofas. In the dining area, the three-metre-long solid wood table seats 10 and makes the perfect setting for a holiday feast! The pavilion features a Bose sound system which also controls the speakers by the pool.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- The villa’s in-house chef is skilled in serving both Western and Asian cuisine (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Five security guards provide 24/7 protection with rotating shifts.
- Daily housekeeping duties and trained waiters/waitresses (Two are on call from 7am to 3pm, and two from 3pm to 11pm).
- Providing car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Masseuse and babysitter on request (extra cost).
- Area: 5,000 sqm.
- Pool: Swimming pool 20 x 5m.
- Accommodation: 1 super-king master suite; 2 king master suites; 2 twin bedrooms which can convert to king) plus 4 extra trundle beds available at additional charge; study room.
- Entertainment: Bose music system in living/dining and pool area; large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD and sound system in games room; snooker table; table tennis.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access.
- Families: Trundle beds; baby cots; a high chair; pool toys; DVDs.
- Sport: Tennis court (shared); 3 bicycles.
- Spa: In-villa treatment by professional therapist (at charge).
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Back-up generator.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 620 Nights||$ 770 Nights||$ 930 Nights||$ 1390 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 830 Nights||$ 950 Nights||$ 1070 Nights||$ 1390 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period.