Villa Kudus, Canggu
Villa Kudus is a luxuriously appointed five-bedroom villa on Bali’s south-west coast, which took its owners five years to lovingly create and furnish. From its restored wooden joglo pavilions filled with handpicked artworks and antiques, to its state-of-the-art kitchen, attention to detail at Villa Kudus is nothing short of extraordinary.
Set in a sprawling tropical garden, individual living and bedroom pavilions make Villa Kudus the perfect option for families or friends wanting to get together in sophisticated yet comfortable surroundings.
A one minute from Berawa beach and Finn’s Beach Club and small local cafes, Villa Kudus is ideally located to take advantage of all that Bali has to offer; From the famous surf breaks dotted along the stunning Canggu coastline, to world-class restaurants, outstanding shopping and many more cultural delights.
To create their exceptional villa, the owners of Villa Kudus carefully sourced traditional wooden pavilions from the famous joglo-building region in Java, from which the villa takes its name. Some of these unique hand-made structures are over 150 years old and have been superbly restored and refurbished, providing the villa with a timeless stateliness and majesty.
The devotion that has gone into crafting this beautiful villa can also be seen in the tasteful artworks and antiques which have been sourced from all over Asia and as far afield as Russia. These, along with comfortably plush sofas, ornate chandeliers and oriental rugs, give each space in the villa a sumptuous opulence. Also boasting modern conveniences such as its state-of-the-art kitchen, and flat-screen televisions, the villa offers a perfect blend of old and new.
Villa Kudus offers guests space aplenty to relax in private or come together socially; be it on a lounger by the pool, in a shaded spot in the garden, being treated to a massage at the poolside bale or dining alfresco under the stars. And wherever guests choose to unwind, the villa’s attentive and friendly staff will be there to take care of their every need.
It only takes a one minutes to walk to Berawa Beach with its world-renowned surf and beautiful sunsets. And for the more ardent walker a stroll along the glistening volcanic sands will bring you to some of Bali’s most iconic restaurants: The W Hotel, Potato Head & Beach Club, Ku De Ta and La Lucciola among them. But if walking isn’t your thing, staff can arrange a car and driver at a very reasonable daily rate, and the bright lights of Seminyak are just fifteen minutes away.
Crossing the threshold of Villa Kudus via authentic Balinese Hindu temple doors, and following stone steps over a tranquil Koi pond, guests enter the main joglo, an enormous, air-conditioned pavilion which houses the lounge, dining, bar and entertainment area, and are immediately transported into a world where traditional Indonesian architecture meets sumptuous interiors to create a truly opulent and unique villa experience. Surrounded by glass doors, the living pavilion offers views over the garden and pool, while a raised terrace provides the perfect space for open-air meals, which are served from the kitchen below.
Stairs lead down from the joglo to a grassed area where friezes depicting scenes from Java’s most famous temple, Borobodur decorate the walls. Two of the five bedrooms are housed in one joglo and overlook the garden. The master bedroom and two additional bedrooms form an L shape around the swimming pool area.
Master Bedroom – Merapi
The ultra-luxurious master bedroom boasts six-metre-high ceilings hung with an elaborate chandelier and features an ornate floor-to-ceiling bedhead fashioned from antique doors. A study area is furnished with a writing desk, and comfortable sofas form a private space for television viewing. The marble ensuite is fitted with a freestanding bathtub, a rain shower cubicle, twin sinks, a huge wall mirror and plenty of storage space. Glass doors on three sides open to the pool at the front, a sheltered courtyard on the left and a lush tropical garden behind.
Bedroom 2 – Bromo
This large guest bedroom contains a distinctive wooden writing desk and comfortable sofa area with television and DVD player. Bromo’s bed features a marvelous vintage door that has been imaginatively used as a bedhead. The ensuite bathroom features acid wash marble from Sulawesi and has an enormous sunken jacuzzi and rain shower that overlooks a wall of tropical greenery. Large wooden doors open from this bedroom onto a covered veranda with views over the swimming pool.
Bedroom 3 – Salak
Salak is adorned with traditional Javanese furnishings and features a writing desk and a sofa facing the television and DVD player. The ensuite bathroom is equipped with an enormous sunken jacuzzi and rain shower overlooking a wall of tropical greenery. The bedroom has large wooden doors that open onto a covered veranda and the swimming pool.
Bedroom 4 – Agung
Paintings by contemporary Chinese artists adorn the walls of the Agung bedroom. The ensuite, which overlooks a wall of tropical greenery, features a striking blue chandelier above an oversized sunken jacuzzi, as well as a rain shower and an ornate wooden cabinet. Large wooden doors open onto a covered veranda with views over the garden; further doors open to the pool.
Bedroom 5 – Batur
Authentic Japanese kimonos adorn the walls of Batur, which sits alongside Agung and shares its garden outlook. A traditional carved Javanese bedhead adorns the four-poster bed and guests can relax on the chaise lounge. Large reclaimed teak doors lead to the ensuite bathroom which features an oversized sunken jacuzzi and rain shower with acid-wash marble from Sulawesi.
A wonderful sense of light and space pervades the enormous living pavilion at Villa Kudus, which upholds the villa’s benchmark of style and taste with exquisite antiques and ornaments from around the globe. Encased with glass doors, this pavilion can be opened up to allow guests to luxuriate in the balmy tropical air, or can be closed for air-conditioned comfort. At the centre of the pavilion, below a magnificent pair of chandeliers, two oversized sofas and four armchairs encircle a coffee table crafted from recycled boat timber. Above, wooden beams softly draped with flowing white fabric support the intricately carved ceiling which represents the seven levels of heaven. A teak dining table for ten stands to one side of the pavilion, adjacent to the bar area. To the other side, a freestanding bookshelf separates the television area where movies can be enjoyed on a 46-inch screen from an antique daybed.
Cocktail hour can be any time of the day at Villa Kudus. The bar has a double fridge, and ample glassware. The piece de la resistance here is the dumbwaiter, which transports food from the kitchen below.
The kitchen at Villa Kudus is lined with walls of Indian stone. Two glass doors make it a bright, cool and airy space. Guests can comfortably perch on one of the five bar stools for an informal meal or snack whilst enjoying the serenity of the garden. The kitchen is equipped with gas and electric ovens, a giant refrigerator, expansive stovetop, a wall of built-in glass cupboards and all the mod cons that you would expect to find in such a well-appointed villa.
On the stone terrace adjacent to the living pavilion, an outdoor dining table for ten is ideally located for alfresco dining, whether it be a long lazy lunch or a delicious dinner under the stars. Take advantage of the barbecue here for some fresh grilled seafood or a traditional satay.
Poolside relaxation at Villa Kudus can be enjoyed in the covered balé – an excellent spot for a massage – or on one of the ergonomically designed sun loungers on the verandas of all the guest bedrooms. And in front of the master bedroom, surrounded by a wonderful array of tropical plants, is an L-shaped couch and a coffee table perfectly shaded by a large umbrella and perfectly situated for some quiet downtime.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Villa Kudus’ manager is responsible for the overall operation of the villa, and will be happy to assist with anything you may need during your stay.
- A housekeeper attends daily to all cleaning and tidying requirements and assist at mealtimes.
- Chef is well versed in both Asian and Western cuisine and will be available to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner when required (extra cost plus handlimng fee).
- The gardens and pool at Villa Kudus are tended to three times per week.
- Fully trained spa staff will visit the villa on request to provide a range of spa and massage treatments an extra cost.
- Kept safe and secure by its local security staff and is located on a semi-private driveaway just off the beach.
- Providing car and driver for eight consecutive hours a day at a cost of US$25 (excluding petrol).
- In-house Spa treatment (extra cost).
- Area: 1800sqm.
- Pool: Private swimming pool (12.8 m x 7.4 m) with poolside bale.
- Accommodation: 5 air-conditioned king-bedded rooms with bathroom; 2 living areas; Dining alfresco under the stars; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Large screen TV; DVD player movies and books.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access; Internal telephones in each bedroom.
- Family: A baby cot; Highchair.
- Spa: Balinese massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure/pedicure.
- Driver and car available for eight consecutive hours a day at a cost of US$25 (excluding petrol).
|Bedroom||Low Season||High/Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 750 Nights||$ 995 Nights|
|Tax||: 15 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out.
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low Season (minimum stay 3 nights): 09 - 26 January; 02 February - 13 April; 22 April - 15 June; 01 September - 20 December.
- High Season (minimum stay 5 nights): 27 January - 01 February; 14 -21 April; 16 June - 31 August.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.