Villa Luwih, Canggu
Luxury, style and breathtaking ocean views await you at Villa Luwih. With three floors of modern comforts, six bedrooms, two swimming pools, and a team of 14 professional staff to tend to every need, this is what holiday dreams are made of. Lying in rural Canggu, only a stone’s throw from the dramatic black-volcanic sands of Pererenan Beach, famous for its rolling surf and spectacular sunsets, Villa Luwih is as ideal for groups of friends who want to party as it is for families who want to explore.
Villa Luwih has been thoughtfully designed to capitalize on its prime location overlooking Pererenan Beach on Bali’s dramatic and unspoiled south-west coastline. Angled towards the ocean and the spectacular sunsets, three floors of stylish and luxurious accommodation are fronted by acres of glass to ensure that wherever you are in the villa, you won’t forget where you are in the world.
This congenial villa offers a dazzling choice of adaptable living space. From the slick poolside bar to the state-of-the art media room with its giant 60-inch TV, guests of all ages and all interests will find a place to please them. This flexibility and abundance of indoor and outdoor living space makes Villa Luwih an ideal choice for families who want to stay and play together, or friends looking for the best of both worlds – peaceful spots to spend their day and social spaces to party the night away.
The six bright, spacious bedrooms, with a snug on the ground floor offering the option of a seventh bedroom, are spread across all three floors, ensuring plenty of privacy and the convenience of being able to group families together in separate parts of the villa. Bathrooms, all ensuite, are also big and bright, and fitted with large tubs, standing showers and lots of windows to let the views and sunlight flood in. The villa is fully air-conditioned, but most of the glass-fronted rooms can be opened widely to the ocean breezes if tropical outdoor living is your thing.
As part of its super-flexible layout, Villa Luwih offers guests a choice of swimming pool. At ground level is a splendid 16-metre lap pool, with a shallow end for the kids, a shady relaxation bale, and several pairs of brightly cushioned loungers alongside. One level up, flanked by the media room and an indoor/outdoor sitting area, is the second pool – smaller than the first, but with the best views in the house from its glass fronted depths.
A team of graceful and welcoming staff will take care of your every need at Villa Luwih. Your villa manager will happily help with tour bookings and restaurant reservations, although with a skilled private chef at your disposal, you may be perfectly content just to stay ‘home’ and enjoy delicious meals selected from the villa’s suggestion menu.
From Villa Luwih’s secure carpark, stepping stones lead across a lawned garden, passing the open-fronted pool bar and one of the pools before reaching the main villa building which faces out to the unobstructed, wide ocean views.
On the villa’s ground floor are two bedrooms (plus an overflow ensuite bedroom in a freestanding pavilion by the pool bar) a living room, a modern fitted guest kitchen with breakfast bar, and a separate dining room. Up one level are two further bedrooms, the media room, the second swimming pool, and a sitting area surrounded by folding glass doors that can be opened up to the tropical air or closed for air-conditioned cool. Finally, stairs from the ground floor lead down to a lower level where two more bedrooms are privately housed and open onto a small walled garden.
Villa Luwih offers six spacious, luxurious, air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms, plus an extra twin-bedded room with ensuite bathroom occupying a separate pavilion overlooking the garden at the villa entrance. Intricately carved wooden panels form ornate backdrops to the beds, all of which are dressed in crisp linen, accented in brightly coloured silks and swathed in romantic white-net canopies. With marble floors, white walls and simple but elegant wood and rattan furniture, bedrooms are equipped with 40-inch flat-screen TVs and telephones.
The two bedrooms on the lower ground floor make an ideal family suite. The king-bedded room has its own sitting area and a bathroom fitted with a twin vanity, rain shower, and sunken bath. Next door is a twin-bedded room, ideal for children. From both rooms, sliding glass doors open onto a landscaped walled garden.
On the ground floor are two elegant king-bedded rooms, one facing the pool through floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and the other with sea views through the glass fronted living area.
Occupying the villa’s top floor, are the remaining two bedrooms. Both are furnished with king beds and present fine ocean views through walls of sliding glass doors.
Living and Dining
Villa Luwih’s expansive ground floor living space has the relaxed air of a stylish, contemporary beach house. Decor is simple and peppered with interesting Indonesian artefacts and natural wood pieces that echo the beach house theme. Banks of floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides of this room bring the outdoors in and provide uninterrupted views of the famous surf breaks of Pererenan beach. A huge U-shaped sofa surrounds a beautiful glass-topped coffee table with a natural wood base, and traditional Balinese stone carvings flank a 55-inch flat-screen with Apple TV.
Up one step to the rear of the living area is a fully equipped, custom designed kitchen that makes entertaining a breeze. Gather around the six-seater, granite-topped island bar while the chef prepares your breakfast or strike up conversation over a pre-dinner glass of wine . Adjoining the living room via French doors, the formal dining room has a wood floor, a high ceiling and is almost entirely surrounded by glass evoking the ambiance of elegant alfresco dining but with all of the comfort of a cool indoor space. The solid, beautifully grained teakwood dining table seats 12 people comfortably, while an open-air balcony allows the sounds of mother nature to filter into the peaceful atmosphere of this sophisticated dining space.
Located on the upper level and overlooking the pool is Villa Luwih’s state-of–the-art media room. This air-conditioned space has glass sliding doors that lead out to the upper pool and has beautiful views over Pererenan Beach. Outfitted with a large, comfortable L-shaped sofa, glass topped coffee table and wooden paddle ceiling fan, this room is the place to be when you want an escape from the heat. Watch your favourite stars come to life on the giant 60-inch flat-screen TV, live out your fantasies with the latest PlayStation game, or chill to some soothing tunes on the surround-sound system. This room has it all, and is a great entertainment space for adults and children alike.
A special feature at Villa Luwih is the dramatic waterfall that cascades down from the upper level swimming pool to the impressively proportioned 16 x 4-metre lap pool flanking the living area. With a thoughtfully designed 4 x 4-metre shallow area for the kids at one end, this delightful oasis will keep everyone happy. Brightly cushioned sun loungers line the west-facing side of the pool together with a shady relaxation bale that just begs you to curl up on its comfortable cushions with a long cool drink and a good book. Fringed by tropical foliage within the villa’s small but perfectly formed garden is a chic open-air bar that seems to exert an ever stronger magnetism as cocktail hour approaches and the sun begins to set.
For a quiet escape and more romantic sunset views, head up to Luwih’s upper level pool. At the far end of the water is a decked sitting area furnished with an L-shaped wicker sofa adorned with colourful cushions. The folding glass doors surrounding this room make it a wonderfully flexible indoor—outdoor space. On the far side of the pool is a glass-fronted balcony where two double daybeds lie poised to soak up the sun and the ocean panorama.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- The villa’s skilled private chef is trained in local and international cuisine and is in charge of the market shopping and preparation of all guest meals (extra cost).
- Drinks and meals are served throughout the day by our professional and charming team of butlers (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Our housekeepers are responsible for keeping the villa spotless and making sure your beds are made in the morning and turned down at night.
- Professional therapists can be arranged via the villa manager for in-villa spa treatments (extra cost applies).
- Villa Luwih is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by security staff working rotating shifts.
- Providing car and driver (seating up to 7 passengers) is available to villa guests at special rates US$35++ for 8 consecutive hours per day (guests will be asked to provide money for petrol).
- Area: 600 sqm (villa); 1000 sqm (land).
- Pool: 16 x 4 metres and 6 x 4 metres.
- Accommodation: 6 ensuite bedrooms: 5 with king-size beds; 1 with twins. Also, overflow bedroom with twin beds and ensuite bathroom; allow for additional 2 adults; 7 extra beds may be set up on request ( Additional charge applies after 12 guests).
- Entertainment: Apple TV; DVD Player; iPod dock; Playstation.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access throughout; telephone for local calls.
- Family: A baby cot and a high chair.
- Spa: Balinese massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure/pedicure.
- Car and driver (seating up to 7 passengers) is available to villa guests at special rates US$35++ for 8 consecutive hours per day (guests will be asked to provide money for petrol).
- Additional Facilities: Barbecue; Safety deposit boxes; Back-up generator.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|6 Bedroom Bed||$ 750 Nights||$ 930 Nights||$ 1120 Nights||$ 1330 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period