Villa Puri Bawana, Canggu
Just a five-minute drive from the famed surfing spot Echo beach in Canggu, and designed to blend into the gentle contours of its own working rice terraces, Puri Bawana is a spacious and luxurious classic Bali-style estate. The villa’s open living and dining areas and its five sumptuous bedroom suites are furnished to the highest levels of comfort, while an additional five-berth bunk bedroom makes it a perfect choice for large family groups. With a private chef and villa manager among its large staff, and a 30-metre pool complete with ‘floating’ bale, it is also an idyllic venue for weddings and large events.
Over half of the estate has been retained as working rice fields, so the essence of why we built here in the first place will never be lost. Puri Bawana pays homage to the land upon which it sits by integrating the contours of the rice terraces into its design. We have even built a relaxation pavilion alongside the meandering tree-lined river that borders the rice fields; never has a massage been so serene.
Our five double bedroom suites are generously spaced to ensure privacy; each exquisitely furnished with king-sized beds (one convertible to twins), high quality comfortable furnishings, semi-outdoor ensuite bathrooms and private sitting areas overlooking the gardens, rice fields and soothing water features. Having our own kids made the inclusion of a bunkroom an easy decision, and we’re sure your own children will get as much fun out of this room as ours have. And as well as having their own special ‘dorm’ (conveniently situated next to our big TV lounge equipped with Nintendo Wii ), Puri Bawana’s vast lawns and swimming pool, table tennis, toys, books and games should keep young members of the family occupied for hours. Meanwhile, adults can relax poolside, socialise in the majestic double-vaulted living pavilion overlooking the rest of the estate, or enjoy a massage either in one of the villa’s many thatched pavilions or in the comfort of their own room.
Mealtimes are a treat at Puri Bawana’s open-sided dining pavilion raised high above the pool and gardens to offer sublime views, day or night. Our suggestion menu of Indonesian specialties, gourmet delights and western favourites (including a kids menu) makes dining easy, but do talk to the chef if you have any special requests for dishes you can’t find on the menu.
Part of Puri Bawana’s magic is its adaptability: as well as being perfect for families, the villa’s classic architecture, abundant space and romantic rice-field setting, make it one of Bali’s most sought after wedding venues too.
Luxuriously extending over almost two acres of gardens and rice terraces, a series of thatched pavilions linked by pergola-covered walkways, flights of stone steps and sun-bleached timber decks make up the Puri Bawana estate. Guests enter via a charming porte cochère and walk across a pretty water feature into the majestic living pavilion that overlooks the 30-metre swimming pool. To the left of the pool are the bedroom pavilions; to the right is the dining pavilion and feature kitchen, positioned above the TV room and kids’ bunkroom. The main kitchen and staff area lies to the rear.
With its broad balcony overlooking the river and rice terraces, Puri Bawana’s huge master suite is a haven of relaxation, complete with a king-size four-poster bed and a TV screen that appears at the touch of a button. Walk through the dressing area and you’ll find an air-conditioned bathroom fitted with two walk-in rain showers, one inside and one outside, together with a romantic bathtub bordered by tropical plants within a private courtyard garden.
The villa’s four guest-suites are furnished with king-size beds (one of which converts to twins) daybeds, desks and chairs. Each room is complemented by a dressing and vanity area and private ensuite bathroom. One of the suites is positioned upstairs with gorgeous views of the rice fields and river, while three are situated on ground level: two with garden views and one overlooking the villa’s serene fish pond complete with timber deck and cascading waterfall.
Each of the guest suites’ luxurious bathrooms has a rain shower, and three are fitted with alfresco bathtubs. Two of the bathrooms extend into private courtyard gardens, while one offers the decadent facility of a private deck and soaking tub alongside a beautiful water-garden. Finally, the upper-floor suite presents a bathtub positioned upon a cool balcony alongside a cushioned daybed.
A kids’ bedroom, on the ground floor of the dining pavilion can accommodate up to five children (or four children and a nanny) in a cleverly arranged set of bunk beds. The bunkroom is adjoined by a shower room and WC.
Designed in the style of a traditional Balinese wantilan, or meeting hall, Puri Bawana’s majestic living pavilion and reception area sets the tone for the whole villa. Open-sided and overlooking the pool, gardens and rice fields, this vast fan-cooled space is furnished with sofas, ottomans, a coffee table and an intricately carved antique Javanese daybed. The pavilion is linked to the rest of the villa by steps and a covered, colonnaded walkway with black and white chequered tiles.
The open-sided dining pavilion at Puri Bawana offers a truly impressive setting for a social meal around a long 14-seater dining table. Elevated above the gardens and pool, cooled by natural breezes and ceiling fans, and blessed with glorious views, the dining area is adjoined by a fully equipped feature kitchen where the chef works culinary magic.
Positioned on the ground floor of the dining pavilion, the TV lounge is equipped with a large wall-mounted screen, satellite-channel TV and DVD player complete with surround sound and Nintendo Wii. This air-conditioned room is elegantly furnished with sofas, a coffee table, two ottomans and a built-in bar. Glass doors open onto a terrace beside the pool deck.
Villa Puri Bawana’s splendid 30-metre swimming pool follows the curve of the rice terraces. At one end is an integrated children’s pool, and in the middle is an open-sided ‘bale’ relaxation pavilion, which appears to float on the water and can be reached with dry feet via a series of stepping stones. The pool is bordered by a stone deck furnished with sun loungers.
Other relaxation areas within the magnificent gardens include a riverside bale bengong or daydreaming pavilion – a comfortably cushioned nest perched high above the ground to catch the gentle breeze – and a massage bale with two massage beds tucked away in a quiet corner of the grounds. Puri Bawana’s wide flat lawn is the perfect setting for a wedding reception, following a ceremony held in a specially designed area among the villa’s rice terraces.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Turn down service.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- The chef is ably assisted by a talented cook who is in charge of breakfast and helping with lunch and dinner (extra cost and handling fee).
- The villa’s skilled private chef is trained in local and international cuisine and is in charge of the market shopping and preparation of all guest meals.
- Puri Bawana is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by four security staff working rotating shifts.
- In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
- Providing a car and driver is available (extra cost).
- Area: 1,300sqm (villa); 7,000sqm (land).
- Pool: Swimming pool 30 x 7 metres.
- Accommodation: 5 ensuite bedrooms with king-size beds, one of which is convertible twin beds and a kids’ bunkroom with 5 beds. 4 extra beds may be set up in the four guest suites or as a quad in the entertainment room, additional charge applies.
- Entertainment: Satellite television in TV lounge and master bedroom; DVD player; Surround-sound system; SONOS wireless music system; CD player; iPod dock in each room; Nintendo Wii.
- Communication: Wi-Fi Internet; Landline for local calls; Mobile phone coverage.
- Family: A baby cot; High chair; DVDs; Toys and Games.
- Event: Weddings.
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure/pedicure.
- Sport: Table Tennis.
- Additional Facilities: Barbecue; Massage bale; Bar in TV lounge; Diesel powered back-up generator; Safety deposit box.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 550 Nights||$ 670 Nights||$ 980 Nights||$ 1310 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 670 Nights||$ 780 Nights||$ 980 Nights||$ 1310 Nights|
|6 Bedroom Bed||$ 790 Nights||$ 890 Nights||$ 980 Nights||$ 1310 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 11 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period