Villa Simona Oasis, Canggu
Escape into the cool, calm world of Villa Simona Oasis, deep in the heart of fashionable Canggu, where semi-rural life and jungle beauty meet the hip and fabulous. Two sacred streams embrace the meandering estate’s lush gardens, ancient frangipani trees, tropical living spaces and five luxurious bedrooms positioned for sublime seclusion or clustered for family-friendliness. Chill by the 12-metre pool and breathe in the fragrant tropical air as a large team of smiling staff, including a private chef, tend to your every need. A divine spa sanctuary has pavilions for private treatments, daybeds for relaxation and hand-carved stone baths circled by jungle where the streams coalesce.
At the very heart of Villa Simona Oasis is a chic and contemporary open-air pavilion that has been styled by leading international interior designer Elaina Myers, and what a show she has created. Several lounging zones are arranged atop the marble floors and a huge day bed is poised perfectly below a skylight. A dining area for ten lies beneath the exposed beams of the pitched white ceiling, which sets an elegant tone along with the tinkling of the shell and crystal chandeliers and the gentle gurgle of the spring-fed water features. The pavilion, which features a guest kitchen and bar as well as the in-villa chef’s large professional kitchen, looks across the chequerboard garden to a sparkling 12-metre swimming pool flanked by a furnished sun deck and a view of volcanic stone sculptures recessed into the garden. The poolside entertainment balé has stylish black and white striped lounge seating, casual dining for eight and two fabulous black cane egg chairs suspended from the roof.
Five bedrooms are scattered around the central pavilion with two offering seclusion and three positioned close together to form an ideal set-up for families or groups holidaying together. Tranquil views of the sacred river and a temple are captured from bedrooms, a private riverside bale and even from the guest bathrooms, offering a glimpse into the daily religious rituals of the Balinese. Discreet paths link bedrooms to each other and across a little bridge to the beautiful spa that is cloistered in a quiet corner.
Among the 14 staff are experienced spa therapists to deliver traditional massages and Javanese body scrubs. The private chef provides a delicious healthy spa menu along with a host of Indonesian dishes and Western meals for every taste.
As well as enjoying Villa Simona Oasis’ unique rural setting, guests are only a 15-minute walk away from Echo Beach, one of the most popular surf breaks in Canggu, and home to a host of laid-back bars and beachside dining venues. This is the place to sit back with an ice-cold beer and enjoy a spectacular Bali sunset.
Enter through an exquisite hand-carved Balinese door and admire the stunning living pavilion and three riverside bedrooms cloistered to the right. Sacred spring-water-fed ponds guard and accent the living pavilion, which houses the chef’s kitchen, a bar and guest kitchen as well as lounging zones and the dining room. Giant pots conceal lighting and opulent foliage creates borders to the guest bathrooms. Beyond the lawn is the pool and balconied master suite while another guest room lies opposite in a quiet corner. Deeper still, where the rivers converge, is a bridge that leads to the spa hugged by jungle.
The five swank bedrooms at Villa Simona Oasis are the last word in understated luxury. Positioned in secluded spots throughout the estate, privacy is ensured, as is easy access to the central living pavilion. Gazillion-thread-count sheets make sleeping a sensual experience while the large private bathrooms create a tastefully contained space. The rooms feature cool marble floors, bar fridge, TV and DVD, chic tropical furnishings and beautiful outlooks onto verdant jungle.
The stunning wrap-around balcony overlooking two tranquil streams marks the Darma suite as the estate’s premier bedroom. Huge windows and sacred-spring-fed water features flank the Balinese doors that welcome you inside. Darma has a separate dressing room, a desk plus a soft sofa and comfortable chairs facing a TV and DVD and overlooking the garden and pool. The enormous bathroom has a fabulous central jacuzzi set under a curtained balé, twin sinks and a large rain shower. Chill on the furnished balcony and listen to music, read or soak up the tropical ambiance.
Tucked into a quiet corner of Villa Simona Oasis is this sweet room that has a pretty furnished balcony overlooking flowering gardens. The ‘opium’ style queen-size bed is sumptuously cushioned, and backed by sliding woven panels that open – or close – to the private bathroom where a freestanding bathtub overlooks flowering hibiscus and a manicured walled garden. Volcanic stone accents the floors and wall motifs highlight this stylish Balinese-style bathroom that is complete with a rain shower and twin sinks. Back in the bedroom, a sofa is poised for watching DVDs in air-conditioned comfort.
Closer to the central living pavilion is this beautiful riverside bedroom that features corner windows where you can lose yourself while gazing out over the river and into the equatorial forest from a cushioned sofa. The king-size bed is backed by sliding panels to the bathroom where an open-air shower is perfect for lavations under the stars and a freestanding tub sits amid black volcanic stones. The bathroom has a relaxing undercover daybed and a bar fridge.
The carved Balinese doors to Nakula are directly opposite Sahadewa, making this riverside suite of two bedrooms perfect for families. Stylish cane twin beds, which converts to king-size, are side by side, and a matching ‘opium’ style sofa lies in front of the TV and DVD. Large windows overlook the jungle and river. The connected bathroom has a freestanding travertine tub in a small walled garden with open-air shower, undercover daybed, twin sinks and bar fridge.
Beyond Sahedewa and Nakula, the Arjuna bedroom has a private entrance and a lush lawn fringed with opulent gardens, pathways to the spa and a divine private curtained bale overlooking the river. Ideal for couples wanting a romantic hideaway, Arjuna has a furnished terrace and an elegant interior with a king-size bed at the centre of the room. Sliding panels open to the bathroom, which features a large walled garden, freestanding tub, double vanity and rain shower housed behind an opaque glass door.
Facing the swimming pool at the heart of the estate, the wall-less raised living pavilion forms the social hub of the villa. The guest kitchen and bar with seating for three is a central feature of this cool and contemporary space. Groups of comfortable chairs and cane sofas sprinkle this space with cylindrical glossy black coffee tables that move around on concealed wheels adding a funky touch. The fan-cooled living space has a grand cushioned daybed poised perfectly beneath a brilliant skylight. Charming freshwater ponds, which are fed from a sacred spring, provide a vibrant ambiance. Feet are kept continually cool on the marble floors. A long timber table provides dining for ten people on chic black and white woven chairs reminiscent of Paris cafés. Above the table are two fabulous shell and crystal chandeliers that chime delicately in the tropical breeze.
A few steps away is an elevated guest bathroom which has amazing views over the river and a Hindu temple through cut-out screen windows.
A large wooden deck, furnished with single and double sun loungers shaded by tasteful black and white striped umbrellas, surrounds the 12-metre infinity-style swimming pool. A spacious bale houses a superb dining area for eight people and has multiple sitting areas. The black and white theme keeps the style fluid. Gaze back over the river and watch out for exquisite butterflies, birds and monitor lizards that love nothing more than to languish in the tropical sun.
Beyond the pool, where the two rivers join as one, is the villa’s delightful spa. Here, two large daybeds and therapy bales form a wonderful and romantic retreat.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Turn down service.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- The skilled chef at Villa Simona Oasis is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. The villa’s skilled private chef is trained in local and international cuisine and is in charge of the daily market shopping and preparation of all guest meals (extra cost plus handling fee).
- In villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu are carried out by professional therapists (extra charge applies).
- The villa is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by security staff working rotating shifts.
- Providing car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Area: 1000sqm (villa); 5000sqm (land).
- Pool: swimming pool 12 x 7 metres with covered poolside lounge, spa daybeds and riverside bale.
- Accommodation: 5 ensuite bedrooms (3 with king-size beds; 1 with twin convertible to a king-size and 1 with queen-size bed); 3 extra beds may be set up on request at additional charge; Living/dining pavilion with dining for ten; Alfresco dining for eight; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs; DVD players; iPod dock.
- Communication: Complimentary WiFi internet access; Laptop for guest use; Landline for local and international calls (extra charge applies); Mobile phone coverage.
- Family: A baby cot and a high chair.
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure/pedicure; Shiroda (where a gentle stream of warm oil is poured onto the forehead to stimulate the third eye and crown chakras, aims to release stress and bring balance and harmony to the body, mind and spirit while awakening intuition and inner wisdom).
- Sport: Table Tennis.
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Additional Facilities: Diesel powered back-up generator; Private in-room deposit boxes.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 950 Nights||$ 1050 Nights||$ 1150 Nights||$ 1395 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out..
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period