Villa Maya Retreat, Tabanan
Villa Maya Retreat stretches out languidly along the banks of the Penet River that flows through the pretty village of Cepaka in the heart of Bali’s fertile ‘rice bowl’ Tabanan Regency. Shaded by natural jungle vegetation and lush tropical gardens, the villa’s eight living and sleeping pavilions offer total peace and privacy while maximising the serene river views. With six bedrooms, a 12-metre swimming pool, three plunge pools, two relaxation balés and secret garden hangouts, there’s plenty of space here to slow down, relax and recharge the batteries while the villa’s team of professional and friendly staff take good care of you.
From the moment you descend the broad stone staircase that carves its way down the river gorge, Villa Maya Retreat will captivate you with its beauty and tranquillity. Jungle vines hang from mature trees, moss and lichen cling to carved statues and a waterfall cascades all the way to the villa hidden below.
By the time you reach the villa it really sinks in that this is your own private paradise. A huge rust-red door swings open to reveal a lush and secluded oasis. Traditional thatch-roofed pavilions overlook the Penet River and clusters of towering bamboo, while a 12-metre swimming pool with timber deck provides the perfect spot to soak up the forest ambiance.
With six stand-alone bedrooms (three with plunge pools), Villa Maya Retreat is perfect for families, friends or groups looking to share their holiday experience but who also desire privacy and room to breathe. Designed with space in mind there are plenty of places to take in the views and absorb the solitude; from the curtained relaxation balés to the secret garden alcoves to the sunset lounge at the river’s edge.
The Villa is set in true rural Bali with everything you need at your fingertips. A full complement of staff, including an experienced chef, is on hand to prepare and serve delicious home-cooked Asian and Western meals. A car and driver (additional daily charge) is also on standby for those eager to explore the island or indulge in Seminyak’s trendy restaurants, bars and shops (a 45 minute drive).
A stay at Villa Maya Retreat is not complete without exploring the pretty neighbouring village of Cepaka, located in the heart of Bali’s ‘rice bowl’. Here, guests are privy to local traditions that have been practiced for centuries. Whether it happens while you’re witnessing a temple ceremony, watching farmers tend their fields or simply playing with the village children in the street, it’s hard not to fall under the spell of the Island of the Gods, its magic leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated for your return home.
Steep stone steps bordered by lush foliage and a man-made waterfall lead down to the villa’s main entrance: a large rust-red cantilevered door that opens onto a fish-filled lotus pond traversed by stepping stones.
Beyond the pond, and overlooking the pool and river, is the dining pavilion which also houses an informal living area and, to one side, the kitchen. Downstream is the open-sided TV lounge and three stand-alone bedroom suites, while upstream lies the riverside lounge terrace, relaxation bale and master suite. Two more bedrooms are located on a terrace higher in the gorge, accessed by stairs to the rear of the kitchen and master suite.
All six luxurious bedrooms at Villa Maya Retreat are housed in separate pavilions with high-vaulted ceilings, polished terrazzo floors, ensuite bathrooms and individual patios to admire the views. Every bedroom is air-conditioned and features a four-poster king-size bed with mosquito net, additional ceiling fans and a small bar-fridge.
The master or honeymoon suite offers total seclusion with its own private garden featuring a 5-metre riverside plunge pool and sun deck. The bedroom, which has a large walk-in dressing room and a prettily cusioned rattan sofa facing a flat-screen TV, features large glass doors opening onto a sheltered patio with a comfortable daybed – just the spot for reading or bird watching. A slatted screen divides the bathroom from the garden, so guests can soak up the ambiance from the cream terrazzo bathtub or the black lava-stone rain shower.
Three guest pavilions sit side-by-side along the riverbank, offering sublime jungle views from the bed or seating area through glass bi-fold doors that open onto an outdoor terrace. The ensuite garden bathrooms with twin vanities and a black lava-stone rain shower back onto the vine-clad stone cliff-face wall, creating a jungle-cave setting. The suite closest to the living pavilion also has a terrazzo bath in its ensuite and is equipped with a TV and DVD player.
Upper terrace suites
Higher up the gorge with great views of the river valley are the two upper terrace suites, each with private plunge pool and sun terrace. A later addition to the estate, these light and airy suites are more modern in design and include black rattan sofa and table sets – perfect for afternoon tea. Both ensuite bathrooms – one semi-open, one enclosed – have tubs and rain showers.
Facing the swimming pool at the heart of the estate, the open-sided fan-cooled thatched dining pavilion forms the social hub of the villa. A four-metre-long solid wood dining table resting on the polished concrete floor commands centrestage, complemented by ten comfortably cushioned rattan chairs. This pavilion also makes a casual living area, with rattan sofas and an ottoman arranged around a rustic coffee table and a surround-sound music system. Alongside is the fully equipped kitchen and a service bar with three bar stools according a ringside seat for sipping cocktails while watching the chef at work.
A few steps away is a second open-sided pavilion with a two-tiered roof fashioned in the style of a traditional Balinese wantilan (village meeting hall). Here, three sofas arranged around a marble-topped coffee table face a 42-inch satellite TV with DVD player and library of movies and magazines.
The 12-metre green-stone swimming pool is encircled by a large wooden deck where six loungers shaded by ceremonial umbrellas encourage supine indolence. An alfresco dining area gazes across the pool towards the batik-cushioned bale which provides respite from the tropical sun.
Suspended over the river, a party terrace with U-shaped seating makes an idyllic setting for pre-dinner drinks. Close by, a huge curtained balé is just the place to enjoy a massage, soothed by the sounds of the river. These garden living spaces invite guests to unwind, relax and admire the iridescent blue kingfishers and alu (water monitor lizards) that scale the river banks.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Turn down service.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Two guards provide night-time security.
- Skilled private chef will happily prepare anything from the Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s suggestion menus, as well as discuss special requests and dietary requirements (extra cost plus handling fee).
- In-house spa therapist (price applied).
- Arranging car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Area: 5500sqm.
- Pool: 12m.
- Accommodation: Six bedroom pavilions with king-size beds; 2 extra beds for kids may be set up on guest request at additional charge; Open-sided living; Dining pavilion; TV lounge; Riverside lounge terrace.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; Surround-sound system; CD player; iPod dock.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Landline for local calls; Mobile phone coverage; IDD on request.
- Family: Baby cot; High chair; Car seat; DVDs; Games.
- Spa: Massage; Foot Reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure/pedicure.
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Additional Facility: Safety deposit boxes.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 540 Nights||$ 640 Nights||$ 740 Nights||$ 1090 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 590 Nights||$ 690 Nights||$ 790 Nights||$ 1090 Nights|
|6 Bedroom Bed||$ 650 Nights||$ 760 Nights||$ 870 Nights||$ 1090 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include of Complimentary airport transfer on Arrival and Departure.
- All rates excluded of tax and service.
- Checkin Time : 2:00 PM.
- Checkout Time : 12:00 AM.
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability.
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 PM.
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period