The Arsana Estate, Tabanan
This splendid four-bedroom villa occupies a gorgeous two-hectare estate which flows down a terraced hillside in the rural hinterland of southwest Bali. The Arsana Estate provides the perfect setting for weddings, events and spiritual retreats, or quite simply for families or groups looking for a close-to-nature playground in which to relax away from the hustle and bustle of Bali’s more crowded tourist centres. At this very self-contained villa there is no real need to venture out at all, but a visit to the nearby village – one of the prettiest in Bali – or a bicycle ride along the tiny roads, past farmers tending their rice fields, should not be missed.
The Arsana Estate blends its exceptional location with outstanding facilities, including swimming pools, a games room, home theatre, fully stocked bars and dedicated massage areas. These are complemented by top levels of service from an exceptional team of staff headed by a knowledgeable villa manager and including an experienced, talented chef.
Arsana means ‘flow’ in Sanskrit, and not only does the villa’s name aptly describe the Sungi River that meanders past its lower boundary, but also the way The Arsana Estate’s individual bedroom and living pavilions cascade down the hillside into a valley of birdsong. Scores of eye-catching butterfly and bird species, including kingfishers, flit through the expansive terraced gardens and trees throughout the day, while the cicadas and frogs take over the nightshift with their chirping melodies and bass notes. Indeed, water features large at The Arsana Estate, where ponds, water walls, waterfalls, and an 18 x 8-metre swimming pool with a separate children’s section will refresh, relax and delight villa guests.
The villa’s sleek modern structures, with their ironwood shingle roofs and abundance of glass, reflect the ambiance of the location and the purity of the natural surroundings, while the interiors are characterised with a bold use of colour and super-comfortable furnishings. A fully stocked bar with red lanterns and matching cushioned bar stools is an obvious focal point, as is the home theatre and games room complete with a pool table. Valuable and renowned artworks line much of what solid wall space there is, while the front facade of the living pavilion is an abstract notion of floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows that remain open to the elements. The villa’s four double bedroom suites (all contain annexes suitable for children), each housed in its own private stand-alone pavilion, are spread leisurely across the terraces of the estate.
Fully outfitted for families, with a profusion of kids’ toys, plus games and activities for adults too! This stunning sanctuary with its team of personal butlers, housekeepers and chefs, offers guests nothing but pleasure and relaxation.
The contemporary Bali style architecture at The Arsana Estate incorporates Feng Shui, spiritual, symbolic and Western spacial elements, as well as bold colour-themed interior design aesthetics, surrounded by the ever-present embrace of the jungle and river. Approached via an enchanting courtyard, an avenue of palms and a dramatic, four-metre-wide stairway, the main U-shaped pavilion presides over the gardens and swimming pool. Here, a grand entrance hall is flanked by two wings with an open-air terrace in-between. One wing comprises a living area, bar and TV room, and the other presents a dining room, feature kitchen and a games room. The living and dining spaces are wrapped in glass doors and windows that can be opened up for a semi-alfresco experience. The swimming pool, pool lounge and massage rooms are positioned on a lower level and linked by a waterfall from the terrace above. The four bedrooms are leisurely spread throughout the grounds, housed in stand-alone pavilions.
The three guest suites are furnished with king-size beds, one of which can be converted into twins. Each suite is housed within a self-contained pavilion with windows on two sides that open to the view, and a covered terrace at the front furnished with armchairs. Each suite follows a cheery colour theme in blue, green, or red – with soft furnishings and high quality artwork in coordinating hues.
The Orange Room, with its own bathroom, is attached to the red guest suite. It also has twin beds which can be combined to create a king. This room also has three sets of bunk beds, making it suitable for up to 6 children in total, or a large family.
All suites are equipped with cable TVs and DVD players and incorporate huge daybeds set within a window recess. Positioned between the sleeping area and the bathroom of each suite is a dressing room with twin wash basins, large wall mirrors, storage and hanging space. Each cream terrazzo ensuite is identical to the master bathroom in configuration and outlook.
Living room and bar
The living area overlooks the pool from the upper level of the main pavilion. Glass doors open out onto a terrace and a big red sofa provides an abundance of comfortable seating around a coffee table. Adjacent to the living area is a well-stocked cocktail bar stylishly crafted in black granite and ideal for parties and other special events. The bar is complemented by six red bar stools, red lanterns and ceiling-mounted speakers.
A self-contained home theatre is situated in the same wing as the living area. This cozy-yet-spacious air-conditioned room is wired for surround-sound and fully equipped with a 60-inch satellite-channel TV, a DVD player with a good selection of movies for both adults and children and Wii. Presenting an olive green colour scheme, this delightful family room is furnished with a segmented sofa and beanbags.
Dining room and breakfast pergola
The dining area is situated opposite the living area and bar in the main pavilion. Here, a glass-topped table for 12 is flanked by royal-blue-cushioned dining chairs. Adjacent, but outdoors, is a breakfast area with a terracotta tiled floor sheltered by a pergola roof dripping in white-flowering thunbergia. Furnished with a table for ten, this is a great spot to start the day.
Fashioned in terrazzo and stainless steel, The Arsana’s feature kitchen presents wall units in a chic shade of French navy and a four-burner hob. A fully equipped service kitchen is located behind here, out of sight. The kitchen’s L-shaped bar counter serves as an alternative venue for breakfast and seats eight guests on funky white stools.
The air-conditioned, self-contained games room is characterised by a blue décor, and equipped with a pool table and a cupboard full of board games. Two big blue armchairs and some high stools are positioned next to a bar-shelf and a large wall mirror. A guest washroom is conveniently situated off this room.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Turn down service.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- The villa is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by 5 security guards working in shifts.
- The chef prepares daily lunch and dinner, according to the wishes and whims of guests Healthy foods are specialties but the chef can also bring a smile to the faces of comfort food fans and is a dab hand with fried chicken.
- The champions of all things domestic, the butlers will look after villa guests throughout the day, serving food, snacks (extra cost) and beverages and assisting the kitchen at meal times as well as attending to all of the daily cleaning duties at the villa.
- Off-site, fully trained spa staff will visit the villa upon request to provide a range of spa and massage treatments (extra cost).
- Providing a car and driver is available for 8 hours per day (additional cost).
- Area: 2 hectares.
- Pool: Main pool 18 x 8m; kids’ pool 4 x 4m (60cm deep); Two poolside massage bales; Poolside lounge with bar.
- Accommodation: 3 king-size beds; One of which is convertible to twin beds and 1 kids room; 6 single beds in 3 bunks with a twin that converts to king; 2 extra beds may be set up on guest request at additional charge; Living room; Dining room with table for 12; Kitchen with breakfast bar; Drinks bar; Games room; Home theatre; Outdoor dining for 10; Riverside bale; Sunset bale.
- Entertainment: Flat-screen 60-inch satellite channel TV; DVD player in home theatre; 32-inch satellite-channel TV; DVD player in each suite; iPod docks.
- Communication: Complementary WiFi internet access; IDD telephone.
- Family: Trampoline; Basketball hoop; Flat lawn with football goal; Pool toys; Nintendo; Wii; Books; Toys; High chairs; Baby cots.
- Spa: Balinese massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure; Pedicure.
- Events: Superb venue for weddings and events of up to 80 (standing/cocktail) or 60 (seated) guests.
- Sport: Fitness; Yoga.
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excluding petrol).
- Additional Facilities: 3 bicycles; Fully stocked bar; Safety deposit boxes.
|Season name||Min Stay||4 Bedroom Bed|
|Low Season||2 Nights||$ 680 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|Shoulder Season||3 Nights||$ 750 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|High Season||5 Nights||$ 820 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|Peak Season||7 Nights||$ 1230 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period