Villa Zelie, Canggu
Within 150-metres of Bali’s Canggu Beach, Villa Zelie is a five-bedroom luxury villa with heritage charm and high-end style. Holiday relaxation comes easily in this enchanting setting.
Villa Zelie invites you to spend time together in the exotic ambiance of open-air joglo living pavilions beside a 20-metre swimming pool in the tropical garden and enjoy total privacy with five individual gladak suites.
A full complement of staff is on hand to ensure every moment here is perfection. In-villa dining, Balinese massages and sightseeing tours are just a few of the services offered at this exceptional Bali villa.
With sublime style and space galore, Villa Zelie is a unique and enchanting choice for your Bali villa holiday. Hidden on a residential lane, less than 150-metres from the beach in south-west Bali, this luxurious five-bedroom Canggu villa is a stunning find.
Engraved timber doors swing open to reveal sprawling tropical gardens, a shimmering 20-metre swimming pool and inviting spots to socialise or sink into restful peace. Grand open-sided living pavilions and individual air-conditioned bedroom suites are fashioned from teak and ironwood, with architecture inspired by Javanese palaces, and exquisitely furnished with French flair.
Antique furniture, tribal décor and original art from around the world give Villa Zelie a decidedly unique character. Not quite traditional. Not exactly colonial, either. Everything is perfectly put together to achieve a timeless elegance.
Both rustic-chic and wonderfully modern, Villa Zelie is a special place to share with family and friends. For some it’s a why-leave spa retreat; for some a poolside paradise, and for others an entertainment zone complete with bar and drop-down projector screen. One day it’s family holiday heaven and the next, an intimate wedding venue.
Versatile Villa Zelie is staffed with a villa manager, chef, butlers, housekeeping and groundskeepers to ensure effortless leisure. Massage therapists and babysitters are on call. The helpful villa manager doubles as a local guide, arranging airport transfers, trips to nearby restaurants and attractions, as well as island tours with a private car and driver.
While Villa Zelie is tucked away in a quiet pocket of Canggu, it’s also mere minutes from beach clubs, shops and acclaimed restaurants, as well as being conveniently connected to the rest of Bali. The one thing that Villa Zelie is far from is ordinary.
Villa Zelie has a terraced Balinese garden with multiple pavilions offering tropical luxury. Perched at the top of the grounds are side-by-side open-air living and entertainment pavilions and a kitchen. The second terrace is shared by the large dining pavilion and a guestroom. Next is the swimming pool, spanning almost the entire the width of the property and punctuated by the pool house. At the foot of the grounds is the master suite, flanked by three gladak guest suites and a two-storey massage balé tucked away for peace and quiet.
The master suite at Villa Zelie has an iconic joglo roof over a wide veranda. But don’t be fooled by its traditional appearance; the luxurious interior is equipped with air-conditioning, modern track lighting and a television.
More like a chamber in a Javanese palace than a standard double bedroom, this honeymooner’s heaven has a king bed below a hand-carved tumpang sari timber ceiling. Gorgeous gauzy drapes hang from the outer beams at a generous distance from the bed creating an intimate space for slumber or snuggling while watching a movie. Making things even more romantic, the enormous open-air bathroom has a stone tub, rain shower, matching dressers and twin washbasins. A pair of silk kimonos hang in the walk-in closet.
Four individual, king-bedded guest suites are nestled within the gardens, each with charming sitting areas on front verandas facing the pool. All bedrooms have ceiling fans as well as air-conditioning, walk-in closets with full-length mirrors, and large outdoor ensuite bathrooms with tubs and rain showers. They are decorated with unique furniture and eclectic hanging lanterns, each room having its own accent colour – orange, white, Royal blue and French violet.
Bali is known for barefoot luxury and the level of stylish comfort at Villa Zelie is off the chart ahh-mazing. The living, entertainment and dining pavilions are completely open-sided, so the lush tropical ambiance is welcomed in. All are kept comfortably cool by soaring roofs with traditional Javanese hand-carved beams and ceiling fans.
The spacious living pavilion is on an elevated platform that appears to float within a moat of serene Koi ponds. Deeply cushioned couches overlook the sprawling lawns. The adjacent entertainment pavilion features a timber-topped bar, cosy lounge sitting area, movie projector, backgammon table and bookshelves packed with books, board games and fascinating antiques.
Meals are enjoyed in the delightful open-sided dining pavilion, framed by fragrant gardenia bushes, giant taro, traveller’s palms and other exotic plants next to a tidy lawn. The room is equipped with Sonos speakers and decorated with a museum-calibre art collection featuring Indonesian tribal pieces, sculptures and ceramic pots. The massive wood table seats up to 14 guests on Javanese benches with hand-carved embellishments and elegant cushions.
A modest kitchen at the head of the dining pavilion is equipped with modern appliances. A large island block at the centre is edged by tall stools, where guests can enjoy a snack or chat with the chef.
While the swimming pool (which includes a shallow area, ideal for young children, on one side) glimmers in full sun, the pool house beckons with the promise of repose in the shade. It’s the smallest and most casual of the open-air pavilions at Villa Zelie. Driftwood seabirds hang from the pendopo roof. Daybeds face the radiant stone-edged swimming pool and there are baskets full of fresh towels. Inviting indeed.
Double sunbeds hem the lengths of the swimming pool; some enjoy dappled sunlight beneath towering frangipani trees whilst others are positioned for maximum sun. They look super-stylish on the lawn, flanked by symmetrical pisang kodok plants and with petrified wood side tables within arm’s reach.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- The villa is gated and patrolled 24/7 by five private security staff on rotating shifts.
- Skilled chef and kitchen staff do all the market shopping and are available to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner according to your tastes and schedule (extra cost plus handling fee).
- The spa carried out by professional spa therapists (extra cost applies).
- Area: 1400sqm (villa). 3300sqm (land).
- Pool: Main swimming pool: 20 x 6 x 1.35m; Children’s wading pool: 7.3 x 3 x 0.2m; Pool pavilion.
- Accommodation: 5 air-conditioned bedrooms with king-size beds and en-suite bathroom; 2 extra beds available at additional cost; Living pavilion; Entertainment pavilion; Dining pavilion; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Movie projector; CD player; iPod dock; Sonos speakers; Satellite TV in Master Suite.
- Communication: WiFi internet access throughout; Landline for local calls.
- Family: Pool toys; Chess;Checkers table; Backgammon table; Board games; Children’s hire items on request; Baby cot; High chair; Bed rails; Pool fence.
- Spa: Two-storey spa bale; Massage; Beauty treatments.
- Additional facilities: Back-up generator; Safety deposit boxes; Barbecue.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 1280 Nights||$ 1610 Nights||$ 1960 Nights||$ 2270 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period