Villa Asada, Karangasem
The splendid Villa Asada is blessed with one of the most spectacular coastline views in all of Bali. Resting upon a hillside, 100 metres from the seashore, and overlooking the beautiful Labuan Amuk Bay near Candidasa, the contemporary architecture, four bedrooms, wide choice of indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, broad balconies, a well-equipped gym, spellbinding sea views and an 18-metre swimming pool make this holiday home ideal for families and groups of friends of all ages. Its terraces and velvety lawns, meanwhile, set the stage for the perfect outdoor wedding.
Architecturally designed and lovingly decorated, Villa Asada is a contemporary expression of Bali-style, filled with antiques, deep comfortable furnishings and all the modern facilities necessary to create a sumptuous and stylish retreat of the highest possible standard.
From its hilltop perch on the island’s remote eastern coast, the villa overlooks the calm blue waters and swaying coconut palms of Labuan Amuk Bay, where traditional fishing boats sail the trade winds by day and star-filled skies twinkle above the inky void at night.
Open, breezy and bright with sea views that will make you swoon, we provide you with nothing but the very best in service and cuisine to ensure that you will want for nothing. Whether you fancy lazing beside the pool, working out in the gym, indulging in a massage, sipping cocktails at the bar, alfresco dining under the frangipanis, or donning tuxedos, tiaras and little back dresses for a more formal soiree in the dining hall – the choice is yours, just as it should be.
Villa Asada is located 200 metres from the main road in a rural coastal area, so the services of the villa’s car and driver are essential. Prestigious neighbours within two kilometres include two of the best resorts in Bali – Amankila and Alila Manggis. A short drive will bring you to the small seaside town of Candidasa (5km), and the 700-year-old walled village of Tenganan (7km) – a stronghold of native traditions. There are plenty of eateries in Candidasa, ranging from restaurants serving Western cuisine to warung-style cafes serving local dishes and seafood galore. The best beaches in the locality are Pasir Putih (10km), a white-sand crescent-shaped beach bordered by coconut groves, and Pantai Kecil near the picturesque village and ferry port of Padang Bai.
The villa comprises two double-storey pavilions built in an L-shape around an 18 x 3-metre pool, both oriented to the south-east with uninterrupted views of Amuk Bay and the island of Nusa Penida. The top floor of the main pavilion houses the formal living/dining room and kitchen area and opens out onto a balcony. On the ground floor are two of the guest bedrooms, both flanking a large air-conditioned TV room and lounge. The second pavilion presents a master bedroom on each floor, while outside, beside the pool, is a bar complete with an alfresco lounge and dining space on the deck. Behind the living areas is a well-equipped gym.
Through the wide carved doors of the upstairs master bedroom is where the magic happens at Asada. A vast palace of a room with high ceilings, private balconies, a king-sized bed sheathed in white netting, and a black-tiled bathroom fit for a queen. Privacy and ocean views in two directions make it hard to leave your bed each morning. Instead, why not order room service and revel in a comfort you just know you could become accustomed to.
The downstairs master is a mirror image of the room above except with its own terrace onto the garden and the pool. The views from the king-sized bed are every bit as awe-inspiring, and in the bathroom is the added bonus of an open-air shower that takes bathing to a whole different level.
Flanking the downstairs TV lounge the two guest rooms are identical, offering more than enough space, light and comfort for a delightful stay. They both have queen-sized beds and are tastefully filled with colourful soft furnishings and toe-pleasingly warm timber floors. Each leads out to the pool terrace and adjoins the TV room making them ideal for kids, and their ensuite bathrooms have both rain showers and tubs. One room offers a slight advantage in that it looks out over the pool and has a lily pond view from both the bed and the bath.
All 10 of the staff at Villa Asada, from the manager to the gardener, are highly trained professionals who know their jobs and perform them admirably to ensure your stay will be as perfect as can be. Each member of staff is extremely discreet, will address you by name and is more than happy to be engaged in a conversation should you wish to stop and chat about life in Bali and exploring the local area. Their local knowledge is gold.
Villa Asada is entered via the upper level living and dining room, and this is where the cold towels, tropical drinks and a warm Bali greeting await. This long bright living space, is furnished with comfortable couches, a dining table for 12, and several lovely antique pieces, and features a Sonos surround-sound system. Across the front wall, French doors fold back to show off the stunning views from a balcony, where a second, more informal dining table gives guests a chance to watch the twinkling lights of the coastline by night, or to take in the twin blues of the sky and sea over a leisurely breakfast. At the far end of the room is an open-plan designer kitchen with breakfast bar.
The large and comfortable air-conditioned TV lounge lies downstairs between the two guest bedrooms and makes a beautiful respite from the Bali heat. Sink into its yielding couches and easy chairs or beanbags and read a book or watch a Hollywood blockbuster on the massive, surround-sound-equipped flat-screen TV while munching on popcorn. The kids will be kept entertained for hours in this room, giving you more time to laze in the sun, take a dip in the pool or enjoy a work-out in the villa’s well-equipped gym.
The garden is swimming with places to relax in either an upright or horizontal position. Eight sun loungers line the pool’s deck and terrace, some sharing the shade of the yellow and pink frangipani trees that overhang the 18-metre infinity-edge pool. A well-stocked bar, complete with swivel stools and martini shakers, sits next to a cushioned sitting area on the terrace, and a long 10-seater wooden table provides an alfresco luncheon venue. A manicured lawn stretches towards a cushioned Balinese gazebo at the very front of the property, right upon the cliff’s edge.
You are most welcome to take advantage of Villa Asada’s fully equipped kitchen but, bearing in mind that you’re on holiday, we invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy some delicious home-cooked meals prepared by the villa’s two very accomplished chefs.
You will be offered a suggestion menu to make ordering easier, and you can also chat with the chef if there are other specific dishes that your group would like to try. The kitchen staff are excellent, but we’re sure you will appreciate that they do not have the capacity of a hotel or restaurant, so meals are generally served ‘family style’, where everyone shares dishes, as opposed to ordering individually. Food intolerances, special diets and children’s meals can all be catered for, and the chefs will, of course, adjust the seasoning of dishes to suit different palates. Villa Asada has a barbeque on site, so we highly recommend the local seafood feast. The villa also has its own stock of beer, spirits, wines and Champagnes. All beverages are charged per drink, except for wine which is charged by the bottle.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink upon arrival at the villa.
- Daily cleaning service.
- Private butler.
- Security guards providing 24-hour service.
- In-house Chef capable of preparing a wide variety of Western and Asian dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets) at an extra cost plus handling fee.
- Providing car and driver available 8 hours per day at US$ 35++ per day, excluding petrol.
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver, and tours are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa; 1300 sqm (villa); 1500 sqm (land).
- Pool: Private swimming pool; 18m x 4m.
- Accommodations: 3 air-conditioned bedroom with ensuite bathroom; 4 air-conditioned bedroom with ensuite bathroom; 2 extra beds are available on request at additional cost; Living and dining area; Fully equipped kitchen; Indoor living and dining room (fan cooled) with table for 12; Family/media room; Balcony dining for 6; Pool terrace dining for 10; Pool terrace seating; Poolside bar; Relaxation balé.
- Entertainment: Cable-channel TVs; Sonos and Bose surround-sound system with iPod docks; DVD players; Movies; Books.
- Communication: WiFi broadband internet access. Local telephone access via mobile phone.
- Family: DVDs; board games, high chair; baby cot, staff willing to assist with children (daytime) when parents present.
- A car: 8 hours per day at US$ 35++ per day, excluding petrol.
- Additional facility: Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 510 Nights||$ 660 Nights||$ 810 Nights||$ 920 Nights|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 610 Nights||$ 700 Nights||$ 810 Nights||$ 920 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Checkin Time : 3:00 PM.
- Checkout Time : 12:00 AM.
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability.
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 PM.
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 05-31 January 2019; 11 Feb to 28 Mar 2019; 23 Apr to 06 Jun 2019; 20 Oct to 14 Dec; 05 Jan to 23 Jan 2020; 03 Feb to 26 Mar 2020; 20 Apr to 11 Jun 2020; 18 Oct to 14 Dec 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 29 Mar to 16 Apr 2019; 07 Jun to 20 Jun 2019; 25 Aug to 19 Oct 2019; 27 Mar to 07 Apr 2020; 14 Apr to 19 Apr 2020; 12 Jun to 25 Jun 2020; 23 Aug to 17 Oct.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 01 Feb to 10 Feb 2019; 17 Apr to 22 Apr 2019; 21 Jun to 24 Aug 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019; 24 Jan to 02 Feb 2020; 08 Apr to 13 Apr 2020; 26 Jun to 22 Aug 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period