Villa Umah Daun, Umalas
Umah Daun is an exceptional villa – a super-sized five-bedroom home skillfully sculpted from interlinking pavilions arranged in an arc around the large swimming pool, kids pool, jacuzzi and gorgeous gardens.
Overlooking an expanse of working rice fields, Umah Daun rests at the end of a cul-de-sac in a quiet Balinese residential area just north of the village of Umalas. ATMs, a mini-mart, a bakery and a health food store are within walking distance, and it’s only a five-kilometre drive to Seminyak’s chic shops and restaurants, or seven to surfing hot-spot Berawa Beach.
Set within beautiful gardens and surrounded by rice paddies, Umah Daun comprises a series of linked pavilions cradling a generous pool and sun deck. After entering the villa across a pond, one arrives in the living pavilion, which is linked via an open veranda to the main pavilion. The dining room, kitchen and media room occupy the ground floor of the main pavilion, while the library, two twin bedrooms and a rooftop terrace lie above. Beyond a grand staircase is the games room and the two-storey master bedroom pavilion. On the far side of the living pavilion, a bridge leads to the fifth bedroom, the kids’ playroom and the tree house.
Jakaranda master suite
The palatial Jakaranda master suite spans luxuriously across the entire top floor of the western-most pavilion, opening onto a large deck that overlooks the sweep of rice terraces beyond. Below a soaring leaf-shaped roof hangs a ceiling fan, and the air-conditioned suite has its king-size antique bed centrally positioned on the polished Merbau-wood floor for optimum views across the pool. A corridor leads, via two walk-in wardrobes, to the huge bathroom with double basins, state-of-the-art multi-jet monsoon shower, and bathtub set before opaque doors that slide back to reveal the view beyond.
Jasmine guest bedroom
The Jasmine guest bedroom occupies the ground floor of the master bedroom pavilion. This huge light-filled bedroom is lined with windows, its views across the pool reflected in the king-size bed’s mirrored headboard, and features a private deck bordering the rice fields, a dressing area and a spacious marble bathroom with statement bathtub, curved double vanity and walk-in rain shower. Jasmine has air-conditioning and a ceiling fan and can also be configured as a twin-bedded room on request.
Gardenia guest bedrooms
Sharing a separate pavilion with the kids’ playroom, the Gardenia guest bedroom gives a couple an extra degree of privacy as well as easy access to the garden and pool. It features a four-poster king-size bed, has air-conditioning, a ceiling fan and an ensuite shower room.
Waterlily and Morning Glory guest bedrooms
The bright interiors of these inter-connected bedrooms situated upstairs in the main pavilion provide cheerful accommodation for kids, each with twin beds and a single daybed (the twins can also be configured as kings making the rooms equally suitable for adults). Rainbow-coloured batik bedding provide splashes of colour, picked out in wall-mounted antique windows and paintings by the owners’ daughters. Both bedrooms have air-conditioning units and ceiling fans, and the ensuite bathrooms feature leaf-shaped basins and statement bathtubs as well as showers.
Guests at Villa Umah Daun can enjoy a wide choice of living areas spread throughout the estate – some large enough to accommodate a full house, some set back in private corners for those seeking a retreat from the crowd.
Under a towering leaf-shaped roof, two sitting areas furnished with leather armchairs and plushly upholstered sofas form the heart of Umah Daun’s living pavilion. Finely carved antique pillars decorate the curved walls, and bi-fold doors pull back completely, creating a seamless transition between the living space and the undulating pond that hugs its contours, replicating the rice terraces beyond.
A handsome teak wood table over five metres in length occupies the centre of the dining room, where bi-fold doors open onto a fountain-sprinkled fish pond at the rear and expansive views towards the pool and rice fields at the front. Up to 14 guests can comfortably gather around this table for formal dinners, seated on cushioned armchairs of plaited bamboo, conveniently close to the climate-controlled wine room.
Beyond a large sit-up bar is the villa’s open-plan, professionally equipped kitchen, leading to a second chef’s kitchen tucked out of sight.
Opening onto the dining room is the air-conditioned media room, where leather armchairs and sofas are set before a display wall with 60-inch TV, DVD player and Sonos Playbar sound system.
A fuchsia pink-baize pool table resting on a patterned kilim is the focus of the games room – a ritzy space with antlered wooden trophy heads adorning teal green walls, a 40-inch wall-mounted TV, a pair of bar tables for in-between-game drinks (kept chilled in the colour-coordinated pink-and-black bar fridge).
On the second storey, with views skimming the neighbouring rooftops, Umah Daun’s library is a comfortable place to retreat to in the company of a good book. Sink into a leather armchair set on the cow-hide rug and get lost for a few hours.
Beanbags in neon turquoise and pink cover the floor of the cute playroom, reached by a bridge across ponds at the tip of the living pavilion. Here, kids can watch a film on the 40-inch TV, play games on the PS3, or bring out their competitive streak with one of many board games. A spiral staircase leads to the mezzanine level where more beanbags encourage laid-back banter. There’s also an ensuite shower room here.
One of the greatest advantages of staying in a villa is the personalised service provided by dedicated staff. Umah Daun’s staff have been professionally trained and will do their utmost to please with their warm and friendly Balinese hospitality.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink upon arrival at the villa.
- Butler service is provided in two shifts, from 7am to 3pm, and from 3pm to 11pm.
- Professional security guards watch over the villa between 9pm and 7am.
- Personal Cook for Western and Asian cuisines. Special requests and diets can be accommodated (extra cost plush handling fee).
- Providing a car and driver is available for 8 hours per day (additional cost).
- Area: Private villa; 1,300 sqm (villa); 2,000 sqm (land).
- Pool: Private swimming pool 15 x 4.5m; 7 x 4.5 x 0.6m kids pool; jacuzzi.
- Accommodations: 3 / 5 air-conditioned bedroom with ensuite bathroom; Living area; Fully equipped kitchen; Open-sided dining room with table for 14; Open-plan kitchen with wine room and service kitchen behind; Media room; Games room; Poolside dining bale with table for 12; Rooftop terrace.
- Entertainment: 60-inch satellite channel TV and DVD player in media room, 40-inch satellite TV and DVD player in games room, kids play room and master bedroom; Sonos WiFi sound system; pool table; table football.
- Communication: Telephones in all rooms; Local calls included, international calls charged; Wireless broadband internet access.
- Family: Play room with TV, DVD player and PS3; board games; tree house and pool inflatables.
- A car and driver is available at a special rate of US$ 35++ for up to eight hours a day excluding petrol.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue grill; In-room safes; Generator back-up.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 540 Nights||$ 650 Nights||$ 750 Nights||$ 1150 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 690 Nights||$ 790 Nights||$ 880 Nights||$ 1150 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 2 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 Jan to 14 Feb; 22 Feb to 23 Mar; 15 Apr to 27 Apr; 02 May to 15 Jun; 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2018, 06 Jan to 01 Feb; 11 Feb to 04 Apr; 22 Apr to 14 Jun; 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2019.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 Mar to 28 Mar; 03 Apr to 14 Apr; 28 Apr to 01 May; 16 Jun to 22 Jun; 19 Aug to 31 Aug 2018, 05 Apr to 16 Apr; 15 Jun to 21 Jun; 18 Aug to 31 Aug 2019.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 Jan to 07 Jan; 15 Feb to 21 Feb; 29 Mar to 02 Apr; 23 Jun to 18 Aug; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2018, 02 Feb to 10 Feb; 17 Apr to 21 Apr; 22 Jun to 17 Aug; 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec to 02 Jan 2018; 26 Dec to 05 Jan 2019; 26 Dec to 04 Jan 2020.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 15 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period