Villa Bali Bali, Umalas
Villa Bali Bali is an iconic garden estate bordered by rice fields in Umalas, just north of Seminyak on Bali’s south-western coast. Featured in many books and magazines on Bali style, its three residences sit in their own well-screened gardens within the 4,000sqm estate, which is served by a staff of 15. The two- and three-bedroom villas can be rented separately or together with the third – a two-bedroom cottage with additional child’s or nanny’s room. Multiple families and large groups (up to 15) will appreciate the fine balance of privacy, community spirit, and space accorded by reserving all three.
Villa Bali Bali’s striking design – featured in must-have coffee table book Bali Living – assures its fame as one of the most distinctive and recognisable villas in Bali. The estate richly deserves its ‘double Bali’ name, as it seamlessly blends the very best of contemporary and traditional Bali design influences to create a truly unique trio of residences.
Villa Bali Bali is distinguished by dramatic overlapping roofs of ironwood shingle that are diagonally pitched to skim the ground and carve angled living spaces which appear cavernous and yet intimate in the same breath. The interiors draw on the island’s wealth of natural materials: walls of Palimanan and lava stone; teakwood, Benkirai and varnished pebble floors; ceilings lined with rattan reeds and customised furniture crafted from wood, coconut shell and huge slabs of stone. Indonesia’s cultural heritage finds expression here too with a stunning collection of statues, panels, textiles and artefacts sourced from across Indonesia’s eastern archipelago.
Three individual residences make up the Villa Bali Bali, each set in beautiful landscaped gardens with open living spaces and private pool: the three-bedroom Villa Bali Bali One, two-bedroom Bali Bali Two and 2 (+1) bedroom Bali Bali Cottage – which can only be booked in conjunction with either of the others. A team of 15 staff is on hand to ensure guests are happily cosseted and cared for. And for those who want to break away from the serenity of the estate, the bright lights of Seminyak with its boutiques, bars, restaurants and surf breaks are just a few kilometres to the south.
Villa Bali Bali is located in a quiet residential area between the traditional villages of Umalas and Banjar Semer on Bali’s south-west coast. The estate is set well off the road down a private drive lined with tall palms, and faces rice terraces across the garden. There are a few small cafés within walking distance, and many more a kilometre to the north in Canggu. Bali’s finest restaurants such as Metis, Sarong, Sardine and La Lucciola are just six kilometres to the south in chic Seminyak – a 15-minute drive away.
Bali Bali One
The large two-level master bedroom at Bali Bali One is furnished with a four-poster king-size bed and has sliding doors onto a private courtyard. A few steps down, the dressing area opens to an ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and large circular jacuzzi bathtub overlooking a private garden.
The two guestrooms – one furnished with a four-poster king-size bed, the other with a queen bed – share an ensuite bathroom with twin black granite basins and a large shower. All three air-conditioned bedrooms have warm teakwood floors and soothing mood lighting.
Bali Bali Two
Configured in a fan shape, Bali Bali Two’s large air-conditioned bedrooms are defined by the contours of their roofs. Warm and inviting, with king-size beds, burnished teak floors and rattan-lined ceilings, each room has its unique charm.
The master bedroom has sliding glass doors onto a private garden, and a large ensuite bathroom with shower, granite basin, inset dressing table and sunken terrazzo tub looking onto tropical foliage. The guest bedroom opens directly onto the pool deck. Its large ensuite has twin basins and a garden-view shower. Both bathrooms are air-conditioned.
Bali Bali Cottage
The master bedroom at Bali Bali Cottage enjoys the privacy of a separate building linked to the rest of the villa by a sunny courtyard. Two large twin beds, with plenty of space between, are backed by a long display shelf above which hang outriggers from traditional jukungfishing boats. To the side is the ensuite bathroom with shower while, beyond the bedroom window, the plunge pool encourages refreshing dips.
The guest bedroom on the cottage’s mezzanine floor offers a rich cabin-style experience. A double bed is contoured around the sloping roof and surrounded by wardrobes custom-built to the room’s unique shape. A wall of glass, with wooden louvres for privacy, looks down onto the living room, off which is a compact third bedroom with single bed – perfect for a child or nanny. These two bedrooms share a sun-dappled bathroom with twin granite sinks and a shower under a glazed pergola roof.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Daily Housekeeping.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Security guards providing 24-hour service.
- Personal Cooks for Western and Asian cuisines. Special requests and diets can be accommodated (extra cost plush handling fee).
- Providing a car and driver is available at a special rate of US$ 35++ for up to eight hours a day excluding petrol.
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver, beauty therapists, and tours are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa; 527 sqm (villa); 3,800 sqm (land).
- Pool: 2 freeform private swimming pools (9 x 8.5 metres, 15 x 4 metres, plus a 4 x 5 metre plunge pool at Bali Bali Cottage).
- Accommodations: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 air-conditioned bedroom with en-suite bathroom; Living and dining area; Mezzanine TV area; Indoor/Outdoor dining for 6; Garden balés; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs; DVDs and CD players.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Telephone (locals calls included; International calls are charged); Fax.
- Family: Villa Bali Bali is well equipped for families; Two baby cots; High chair.
- A car and driver is available at a special rate of US$ 35++ for up to eight hours a day excluding petrol.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; In-room safes; Small generator for water supply.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2 Bedroom Bed||$ 250 Nights||$ 300 Nights||$ 340 Nights||$ 405 Nights|
|2 Villa Bali Bali Cottage Bed||$ 180 Nights||$ 210 Nights||$ 230 Nights||$ 255 Nights|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 290 Nights||$ 350 Nights||$ 410 Nights||$ 470 Nights|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 409 Nights||$ 485 Nights||$ 542 Nights||$ 627 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 513 Nights||$ 618 Nights||$ 713 Nights||$ 831 Nights|
|5 Villa Bali Bali Cottage Bed||$ 447 Nights||$ 532 Nights||$ 608 Nights||$ 689 Nights|
|7 Bedroom Bed||$ 648 Nights||$ 774 Nights||$ 882 Nights||$ 1017 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Check in time is after 2 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January – 14 February; 22 Febuary – 23 March (excluding Chinese New Year); 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September – 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December – 05 January.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 15 Jan 2018.
- Stay 10 nights or more and receive up to 15% discount.
* Does not apply for New Year period