Villa Cemara, Sanur
Villa Cemara is a private and luxurious villa on absolute beachfront in Sanur, Bali. This exclusive villa is like no other and is the ultimate way to experience pure paradise. Commanding 60 metres of absolute beachfront in Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast, Villa Cemara is a rare gem. This fully staffed traditional Bali-style private villa offers fabulous ocean vistas from every room as well as direct access onto Sanur’s golden sands – go from private pool to sea swims in paces! With the option of renting either four or five bedrooms, the villa is ideal for one or two families or a group of friends seeking tropical open-air living, a laid-back beach vibe, and friendly service from a staff team that includes a full-time cook. This truly special residence is only moments from Sanur’s myriad cafés, restaurants, boutiques, galleries and watersports centres.
Welcome to Villa Cemara – a magnificent Bali-style residence in Sanur blessed with an amazing 60 metres of absolute beachfront and blissful ocean vistas across the Lombok Straits to the islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan.The location is simply incomparable! Imagine slipping through the villa’s private gate, across the golden sand and into the warm shallow waters of the silken sea. Or taking a leisurely stroll (or energetic bike ride) on the adjacent promenade that stretches for eight kilometres along the beautiful south-east Bali coast. Designed by famed Balinese architect Popo Danes, Cemara’s five ocean-facing living and sleeping pavilions feature light interiors liberally adorned with finely crafted local materials: alang-alang thatched roofs; Palimanan and terrazzo floors; river-stone walls; elaborately carved and gilded teakwood doors. Artefacts and original paintings by acclaimed Balinese artists grace the air-conditioned bedroom suites, where sublimely comfortable beds dressed in crisp cotton invite restful slumber. The enormous open-sided living pavilion is the villa’s social heart – just the spot for casual breakfasts and candlelit dinners prepared by the accomplished villa cook. Choose from an excellent suggestion menu, or take advantage of the abundance of seafood on your doorstep and enjoy grilled fish on the barbecue. The entire family will appreciate the cool beach vibe here. Kids can build sandcastles and paddle in the shallow waters; older guests can kite-surf or take to the sea on a jetski. After a refreshing dip in the pool, how about a massage in the balé or in the comfort of your room? At the end of the day, fall asleep lulled by the waves lapping the shore.The friendly staff will look after you well, and are happy to organise everything from a gamelan troupe, yoga teacher, or a car and driver for day trips to rice terraces and mountains, Seminyak or Ubud.
Inspired by traditional Balinese living, Villa Cemara comprises five alang-alang thatched pavilions, all carefully oriented for the stellar ocean views. A few steps beyond the traditional teakwood entrance doors is the open-sided living pavilion stretching along the beachfront and, across a koi pond to the rear, the villa kitchen. Next along the villa’s 60 metres of absolute beachfront is the 14-metre pool, then the master pavilion and raised corner balé. Looking over the length of the pool and out towards the sea are a pair of two-storey bedroom pavilions, each with two guest suites. A gate between the living pavilion and pool gives direct access to the promenade and beach.
All five bedroom suites are named after tropical flowers found in the villa gardens. Cooled by air-conditioning, ceiling fans or the sea breeze, they have quality beds dressed in crisp cotton linen, handsome teakwood furniture and intriguing lamps, blackout curtains and Bose speakers.
Heliconia, the impressive master suite, occupies a stand-alone alang-alang thatched pavilion adjacent to the beach and separated from the pool area by a water feature. Stepping stones lead to a shaded Palimanan stone terrace where traditional Balinese doors open onto an elaborately carved feature wall running the full length of the suite. A handsome collection of antique furniture and Indonesian art decorate this air-conditioned and fan-cooled space, which is divided into a sleeping section furnished with a king-size bed, and a living area with cane armchairs and a large daybed facing a 42-inch TV. Beyond a wall of glass is a magical rock-garden with pond and waterfall. Out of sight is a dressing room with copious shelving and hanging space.
Equally impressive is the air-conditioned bathroom with terrazzo twin vanity and, beyond glass doors, a garden courtyard where a jacuzzi is framed by a river-stone wall carved with fish and dotted with birds nest ferns, and an alfresco shower shares space with a water-wall.
Villa Cemara’s four guest bedroom suites are housed in a pair of two-storey alang-alang thatched pavilions facing the ocean across the pool. All feature king-size beds (two convertible to twins), fascinating colonial-style furniture and artefacts, walk-through wardrobes, air-conditioning and ceiling fans. There is a 42-inch TV and DVD player in the two downstairs rooms, from where traditional carved Balinese doors open onto garden terraces with marble bistro table and chairs. The two upper level suites feature vaulted ceilings and reward guests with sweeping sea views through two walls of glass.
All four bathrooms in the guest suites have an air-conditioned section with twin vanity and alfresco courtyard shower. Bathrooms in the garden suites also feature terrazzo bathtubs.
Strategically positioned by the pool to accord guests a spectacular ocean vista, the huge open-sided living pavilion is Villa Cemara’s social hub. Chic contemporary armchairs, an over-sized sofa and traditional Indonesian daybed rest on a Palimanan stone floor under the soaring alang-alang thatched roof, promising convivial space for relaxing round the antique carved panel coffee table. In the dining area, a stunning marble-topped antique dining table comfortably seating 10 is the perfect setting for candlelit dinners, cooled by ceiling fans and the sea breeze.
From the living pavilion, steps across a koi pond lead to the villa’s kitchen, handsomely designed and equipped with everything from coffee maker to commercial stove, wok to walk-in fridge.
Sun worshipers will enjoy lounging on the two pool-side decks after taking a refreshing dip in the Bali green-stone pool. Those seeking shade for a siesta will gravitate to the alang-alang thatched balé raised above a waterfall-filled rock pool overlooking the beach.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Providing A 6-seater Kijang and a 12-seater mini-bus are available for up to 8 hours a day at small additional cost.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- Housekeepers are on hand to tend to every guest’s need, serving meals and beverages, and attending to daily housekeeping.
- Villa’s night-shift security.
- Skilled cooks prepare dishes from an extensive suggestion menu of Western and Asian cuisine, and happily accommodates special requests and dietary requirements.
- In-villa massage can be arranged on request, using visiting therapists (extra cost applies).
- Area: 1,000 sqm (land).
- Pool: 14 metres with poolside sun decks.
- Accommodation: 3 king-size beds; 2 sets of twins convertible to kings; Extra beds for 4 children available on request (extra charges apply); Fan-cooled beachfront living; Dining pavilion.
- Entertainment: 42-inch TV with Indovision satellite channels; DVD player in master; Both garden level suites; Sonos; Bose iPod dock; Digital music library; DVD library’ books; Magazines; Board games.
- Communication: Broadband internet with WiFi; Landline for local calls (international calls charged); Mobile phone coverage; Telephones connecting all rooms.
- Family: Baby cot; High chair; Booster seat available at the villa (Other equipment can be supplied on request for a small additional charge).
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Manicure; Pedicure.
- A 6-seater Kijang and a 12-seater mini-bus are available for up to 8 hours a day at small additional cost.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Safety deposit boxes; Garden bale.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 1400 Nights||$ 1650 Nights||$ 1900 Nights||$ 2500 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 15 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period