Villa Samadhana, Sanur
Villa Samadhana is the pinnacle of style, service and spaciousness. Set amongst sprawling lawns and exotic tropical gardens, this expansive villa, designed by one of Asia’s top architects, combines modern luxury with traditional elegance to create a sophisticated sanctuary perfect for weddings, special events or a peaceful family retreat.
Located in the sleepy seaside village of Ketewel on Bali’s south-east coast, the property offers stunning ocean views across neighbouring rice fields, tantalising glimpses of sacred Mount Agung in the distance and the sound of rolling waves, tinkling water features and twittering birds to lull guests to sleep at night.
Featuring five luxurious bedrooms, an open-sided living and dining pavilion, restaurant-grade kitchen, entertainment lounge, 25-metre lap pool and a full complement of staff, this palatial villa is sure to impress.
If you crave space, peace and privacy then indulge yourself at Villa Samadhana. Named after the ancient Sanskrit word for ‘inner peace’, this five-bedroom villa has been designed to encourage guests to relax, unwind and dissolve the stresses of everyday life in a beautiful tropical setting on Bali’s south-east coast.
A creation of renowned Malaysian architect, Cheong Yew Kuan (Aman Resorts, Como Shambala) and professional landscaper Trevor Hilliar, this unique property draws on contemporary and traditional influences to deliver a comfortable and stylish home respectful of its natural and cultural surrounds.
Resting on an impressive 7,400 square metres in the sleepy seaside village of Ketewel, guests are privileged to an enormous amount of space. Vast rolling lawns encircle the villa with lavish gardens and water features adding to the sense of grandeur. A stunning 25-metre infinity pool with adjoining entertainment pavilion offers ocean views, as does the massive master bedroom.
Large open-air living spaces with high vaulted ceilings enable guests to freely enjoy the balmy Balinese climate, inhale the fragrant smells of the garden and marvel at the tiny birds and water hens that twitter and flutter throughout the grounds. Thai silk furnishings and a collection of Asian antiques reflect the owner’s exquisite taste and style that has gone into making each room special and unique.
A standout feature of this home is the spacious restaurant-grade kitchen with its gleaming black granite worktops where the experienced chef will happily prepare meals to tantalise your taste-buds. With a team of dedicated staff, including a private butler, the villa consistently delivers five-star service, whether providing cocktails by the pool or arranging deluxe in-house spa treatments.
This appealing combination of space, style, service, peace and privacy makes Villa Samadhana the idyllic setting for a wedding, party or special celebration, as well as a blissful retreat for families, couples and groups of friends.
Upon entering Villa Samadhana’s traditional Balinese gateway, the grandeur of this magnificent property is immediately apparent. From here, a wooden bridge traverses a large lotus pond overlooking the manicured sprawling lawns that extend all the way up to the main house.
To the left of the lotus pond rests a self-contained two-bedroom guesthouse with lounge and equipped kitchen. The principal residence, located to the rear of the property, features a master suite with ocean views, TV lounge, kitchen, two guest rooms and a large open living and dining pavilion that looks out onto the rolling lawns.
A separate entertainment pavilion with an outdoor dining terrace sits next to the 25-metre pool, offering great views of the ocean across the neighbouring rice fields.
The impressive air-conditioned master suite is housed in its own pavilion separated from the living and dining area and the kitchen by fish ponds and frangipani trees garlanded with orchids. Stepping stones lead to a set of carved wooden doors that open to present a welcoming Buddha statue and private Palimanan stone terrace.
Glass doors reveal the suite’s TV lounge furnished with two grey-silk sofas and floor cushions for watching movies on the large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD player. Adjacent to the lounge, a small reading room enclosed by glass appears to float above a fishpond, offering glimpses of the swimming pool through an opening in the surrounding coral-limestone wall.
The bedroom itself, with its vaulted ceiling, dark teak floors, king-size bed and glass sliding doors, opens onto a private deck overlooking lawns dotted with coconut palms, and through to the crashing waves in the distance. A huge dressing area divides the bedroom from the semi-open ensuite bathroom featuring a large rectangular terrazzo bathtub, his and her vanities and walk-in rain shower. White shutters open onto a private garden bathroom with an outdoor shower encircled by six stone pillars and soft maiden-hair ferns.
Guest rooms 1 & 2
The brightly decorated air-conditioned guest rooms, located in a separate structure adjacent to the dining area, have been designed for children but can easily accommodate adults. One of the rooms has a queen-size bed with large flat-screen satellite TV and DVD player, while the other has twin beds and a small outdoor balcony surrounded by a lily pond. A corridor with built-in wardrobes connects the two rooms as well as providing access to the shared bathroom. Featuring grey slate walls and floors, with an indoor terrazzo bathtub and walk-in shower, the bathroom also has an outdoor shower with a cascading water-wall feature. Both rooms open onto a shared wooden deck with a daybed for relaxing.
Guest house rooms 1 & 2
Fifty metres from the main house rests Villa Samadhana’s two-bedroom guesthouse with its traditional alang-alang roof. Light and airy with cream walls and teak floors, both air-conditioned rooms feature queen-sized beds with batik throws, garden bathrooms with indoor shower and glass sliding doors that open onto a wooden deck bordering the immaculately manicured lawns. One of the bedrooms has a window seat to soak up the sun while the other has a daybed for those inclined to take an afternoon nap. Between the two bedrooms is a small living area with a self-contained kitchen and breakfast bar with bar stools.
Living and dining pavilion
Guests are officially welcomed to Villa Samadhana in the large open-sided living and dining pavilion which is cooled by ceiling fans hanging from high vaulted ceilings above polished terrazzo floors. Making the most of its incredible surroundings this area overlooks the rolling lawns and striking silver-blue Madagascan palm trees.
The living area features low white-cushioned sofas, two wooden daybeds tastefully decorated with red silk cushions and a scattering of interesting artefacts. The dining area presents a solid teak table (seats 12) and is perfect for a Balinese banquet.
To the rear of the living pavilion is the air-conditioned TV lounge which features a large flat-screen satellite TV, DVD player and surround-sound system (which also feeds the adjoining living and dining area). For those that would rather chill out and read a book, the room opens onto a lovely timber deck overlooking a fish pond.
One of the most important rooms in the house – the kitchen – sits behind the TV lounge. The kitchen is also accessed by a long, brushed-concrete promenade displaying a fine collection of Asian antiquities. Featuring polished granite work tops, commercial stove, wok burner and lots of cupboard space it is perhaps one of the biggest private kitchens on the island. The kitchen also opens onto a timber deck and fish pond that is home to three auspicious Arowana fish.
The enormous entertainment pavilion, one level down from the living and dining area and presenting ocean views, is the ultimate poolside retreat. With an alang-alang thatched roof and Palimanan stone floor, this room is cooled by ceiling fans and the natural sea breeze. The pavilion includes a billiard table, TV, DVD and stereo system, sofa, polished concrete bar with bar stools and washroom. The rear wall of the bar (including the fridge and water cooler) is painted with a batik motif to match the cushions on the lounge suite, adding a sense of fun and vibrancy.
A highlight of Villa Samadhana is the landscaped garden. Designed by one of Bali’s best landscape architects, Trevor Hilliar, the rolling manicured lawns, running water features, exotic trees, palms and flowering plants complement the villa beautifully to give it its unique sense of space.
The lawn area directly below the living and dining pavilion is larger than a football field and is a great area for the kids to run around in, or to host a wedding party. Not only do children love this space; so do the native birds, lizards and butterflies.
Keen swimmers will relish the 25-metre infinity pool with its spectacular ocean views, and there’s a shallow section for children and those who would rather just lie back and relax. The poolside deck, furnished with sunloungers and a white-curtained daybed provides the perfect setting to laze the days away. For dinner parties under the stars ask Gede, the villa manager, to set up the stone table (seats 14) on the outdoor terrace, which also features a large standing menhir stone.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- A professionally trained Butler is on hand to attend to guests’ every need, including serving food and beverages at mealtimes, snacks, afternoon tea, cocktails and drinks throughout the day and evening.
- Two long-serving villa attendants look after daily Housekeeping and domestic duties.
- Turn down service.
- Four guards provide 24 hour security.
- Skilled private chef and his assistant will happily prepare anything from the Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s suggestion menus (extra cost plus handling fee).
- The spa carried out in the privacy of your own villa by fully trained therapists from a reputable local spa (extra charges will apply).
- Arranging car and driver on standby for up to 8 hours at a special daily rate of USD35++ (excludes petrol).
- Area: 7,400sqm.
- Pool: A 25m swimming pool.
- Accommodation: 1 king bedroom; 3 queen bedroom; 1 twin bedroom (Extra bed is available on request at additional cost); Open-sided living; Dining pavilion; Large entertainment pavilion; Air-conditioned TV lounge; Guesthouse lounge.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD players; Surround-sound system; CD player; iPod dock, Billiard table.
- Communication: Free WiFi internet access; PABX system; Landline for local calls; Mobile phone coverage.
- Family: Baby cot; high chair; Car seat; DVDs; Books; Games, Pool toys.
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrubBody scrub; Manicure; Pedicure.
- Event: Weddings.
- Car and driver on standby for up to 8 hours at a special daily rate of USD35++ (excludes petrol).
- Additional facilities: Back-up generator; Safes.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 680 Nights||$ 790 Nights||$ 890 Nights||$ 1130 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January -14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 16 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period