Villa Hana, Canggu
Villa Hana offers guests a breezy laid-back lifestyle within an easy stroll of Echo Beach. Fully staffed and with four private bedroom suites (including a double bunk room for kids), a large living pavilion, 15-metre pool, media room and barbecue terrace, it’s ideal for active families holidaying together, or for groups of friends drawn by Canggu’s noted surf breaks and sunset bar scene.
Moments from Echo Beach and securely set within high walls is this elegant four-bedroom villa, skillfully sculpted from interlinking pavilions, courtyards and covered walkways. Created by notable Australian designer Stuart Membery, Villa Hana features contemporary tropical interiors that blend seamlessly with their surroundings. The split-level living pavilion is open-sided and faces the pool; the bedrooms feature private garden terraces or open onto the pool, and the courtyards provide plenty of private chill-out spots. Over-sized sofas on polished concrete floors, black and white prints of Bali and abstract paintings on crisp white walls, rare artefacts in every corner – all attest to a modern design aesthetic where comfort is uncompromised.
The owners clearly know what appeals to families. Kids of all ages will love the cabin-style bunk bedroom, the media room with its 52-inch TV and Playstation, and the 15-metre pool (where parents can keep an eye on small ones from the comfort of the living pavilion).
Parents have the choice of formal dining at the massive suarwood table, or informally gathering around a second table on the barbecue deck, and are sure to appreciate the chance to retreat to the terrace of their master suite for some peace and quiet. Not having to lift a finger may also make a welcome change; working discreetly behind the scenes, Villa Hana’s staff includes an accomplished chef. Villa Hana is only 550 metres – a leisurely stroll – from Echo Beach with its pounding surf, expanse of sand, and popular cafes.
Accommodation at Villa Hana is in two adjoining single-storey pavilions forming an L-shape around the swimming pool and linked by a covered courtyard. At one end of the villa grounds, looking across a small stream towards trees and rice fields, is the master bedroom suite and children’s bunk room. Facing the length of the pool and flanked by two guest bedrooms is the split-level living area with elevated dining area sandwiched between a covered courtyard terrace and the kitchen with covered barbecue area beyond. Towards the entrance is a multimedia room and guest cloakroom.
All four bedrooms are handsomely designed with polished concrete floors and a strong black-and-white palette reflected in framed halftone photos, animated by colourful paintings. Facilities include 32-inch TVs, DVD players and iPod docks, and there’s air-conditioning throughout – even in the bathrooms.
The master suite comprises a huge bedroom, bathroom and dressing room, and a covered terrace with seating looking onto a small garden edged by a stream. Striking artefacts are artfully placed and the king-size bed is positioned to enjoy glimpses of rice fields beyond a screen of trees. Within the bathroom is a statement bathtub set before glazed doors opening onto the terrace.
Both guest bedrooms are furnished with king-size beds on bases of polished concrete facing the pool. Each has an ensuite bathroom with semi-open-air shower.
Lining an entire wall of this delightful bedroom is a handsomely designed set of four bunk beds. Kids can curl up on floor cushions and enjoy a movie on the 32-inch TV, or spend some quiet time on a private terrace. The room, which has an ensuite bathroom, can be converted to a family room with the addition of a queen-size bed.
At the heart of Villa Hana is a huge fan-cooled and spilt level living area spreading out under a vaulted pavilion roof and opening onto the pool terrace. Curvaceous wicker sofas with over-sized cushions cluster around a coffee table while statuesque artefacts line benches set below enormous paintings.
A few steps lead up to the dining area where a solid suarwood table with stately armchairs seats up to 10 guests in style. To one side an ironwood deck provides an alfresco sitting area looking onto a courtyard garden, while to the other, tucked behind sliding doors, is the beautifully designed and well-equipped kitchen, beyond which is a pergola-roofed barbecue dining deck.
The air-conditioned media room provides a cool, comfortable entertainment hub for guests, who can languish on sofas and ottomans and watch a movie on the 52-inch TV. There’s a selection of DVDs, books and board games to choose from, as well as a Playstation 2. Nextdoor is a guest washroom complete with open-to-sky rain shower.
A sun deck wraps around two sides of the 15-metre pool, furnished with loungers and outdoor cushions. The veranda in front of the master bedroom, furnished with a traditional Indonesian daybed, provides another casual seating area, while the terraces behind the master suite and bunk bedroom serve as private corners for quiet retreat.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Butlers are dedicated to five-star service, ensuring guests have whatever they need. They serve snacks, meals and beverages throughout the day, and look after daily housekeeping.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- Guards provide 24-hour security at the villa.
- The Chef will happily prepare Western, Asian, and children’s dishes, as well as discuss special requests and dietary requirements at an extra cost plus handling fee.
- In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
- Area: 1,350sqm (land); 700sqm (villa).
- Pool: 15m x 3.6m.
- Accommodation: 3 with king-size beds; One with 4 bunk beds; The TV room may be converted as a bedroom and can sleep up to extra 4 adults; Extra beds are available on guest request (additional charge); Living pavilion; Indoor dining for 10; Media room; Barbecue dining area; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs; DVD players; iPod docks; Home theatre system; DVD; CD library; Playstation 2.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Room-to-room phones.
- Family: Books; Board games; DVDs; High chairs; Baby cots; Booster seats.
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure; Pedicure.
- A seven-seater car and driver is available for USD35++ for up to 8 hours a day, excluding petrol.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; In-room safes; Back-up generator.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 420 Nights||$ 510 Nights||$ 600 Nights||$ 780 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 17 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period