Villa Hansa, Canggu
The seductively exotic Villa Hansa lays claim to an exclusive riverside position overlooking south-west Bali’s luscious rice terraces. This luxurious private villa is set in the beautiful village of Pererenan, where bohemian cafés meet traditional Balinese life within a stone’s throw of the ever-popular Echo Beach and its revered surf break.
A chic contemporary pavilion and antique timber joglos elegantly adapted for luxury living house Villa Hansa’s seven bedrooms. Sweeping lawns, gorgeous tropical gardens, two swimming pools and dining areas, a barbecue and billiard balé, yoga studio, garden grottos and a full team of professional staff coalesce to create a chilled and extravagant habitat.
The heavy antique gates of Villa Hansa immediately set a tone of exquisite style. The gates open to a stone staircase flanked by fish- and lotus-flower-filled-ponds and fragrant frangipani trees. An ancient timber joglo is repurposed to create a chic living space adorned with a stunning collection of precious Indonesian artefacts. Ceiling-to-floor glass overlooks a lush slice of this delicious estate, and beyond to traditionally farmed rice terraces.
Seven luxurious bedrooms are spaced throughout the estate, providing an ideal arrangement for extended families or groups of friends to enjoy blissful privacy. Expansive lawns separate the buildings, dotted with shady daybeds set within the established tropical gardens that also forge secluded spaces.
At the centre of Villa Hansa is an 16-metre swimming pool, which is crowned by an open-fronted entertainment space and bordered by sun loungers, cushioned daybeds and a freshwater shower carved from stone. Beyond the pool a large balé with charming views of the river and surrounding rice fields houses a pool table, abundant seating and a barbecue.
The epic master suite presides over an entire wing of the villa in a converted joglo overlooking a private 12-metre swimming pool flanked with sun decks and a balé. This suite is connected to a movie room that adjoins a timber gladak, which makes a perfect bedroom for young children.
A team of ten staff ensures seamless service while the chef prepares gorgeous Indonesian and western meals. The manager is a spiritual guide and every full moon at Villa Hansa is celebrated with centuries old ceremonies at the riverside temple. Guests can enjoy days of relaxation by the pool and easy strolls to the beach offering an abundance of intriguing local scenes, from farmers tending their rice fields to the making of bamboo leaf cenang offerings and children practising traditional dances.
Enter Villa Hansa via a glamorous foliage-fringed staircase leading to a stunning Javanese joglo living space with a guest kitchen and bar. To the left is the pool, from which sun decks and gardens lead to an open-sided dining pavilion. Upstairs behind a garden is a massage room. Four luxurious bedrooms border the pool and beyond these is the barbecue balé. The master suite, movie room and adjoining timber gladak bedroom lie to one side of the estate, with the yoga studio below and another gladak bedroom at the rear.
Villa Hansa’s seven luxurious bedrooms are housed beneath elegant ironwood-shingle roofs with ceilings of exposed beams and woven rattan. Ensuite bathrooms feature private walled garden spaces that epitomise chic tropical elan. From large windows views of lush green landscapes predominate. Four of the villa’s guest bedrooms are named after the Hindu gods Brahma, Wisnu, Siwa and Ganesha; all featuring netted four-poster king-size beds and cooled by fans and air conditioning.
The master suite offers unrivalled luxury and privacy with a California king-size bed positioned below a rare 400-year old joglo carving. Bedside lighting controls are integrated into the teak bedframe and café-style seating is provided at two tables. A sundeck leads to a 12-metre infinity pool and wraps around to a secluded walled courtyard. The bathroom features a huge sunken bath surrounded by a fish-filled pond. A private television room lies behind the master suite.
This beautifully earthy antique Indonesian building makes an ideal kids bedroom. The room features timber shuttered windows and slatted walls plus a sweet veranda. A wonderfully preserved four-poster queen-size daybed makes a gorgeous centrepiece to the room, which also has an antique wardrobe, desk and chair plus a cushioned wooden bench seat. The ensuite bathroom is fitted with a rectangular volcanic stone bathtub, unique hand crafted tiles, separate shower and vanity. It is connected to the master suite via the television room.
This is another wonderful example of a preserved traditional Indonesian timber house with a single daybed making it particularly suitable for kids, teens or friends sharing. This gladak is located on grassy lawns and surrounded by mature gardens. The ensuite bathroom has an outdoor shower.
Riverview suites (Siwa and Ganesha)
This building has two bedrooms – Siwa on the ground floor and Ganesha upstairs. Both are furnished with netted four-poster king-size beds and feature dressing rooms and sitting areas. Siwa boasts a small private terrace overlooking the tropical gardens and river, while the Ganesha suite has a shockingly green outlook from large windows. Both ensuites are fitted with round travertine baths and indoor showers.
Pool suites (Wisnu and Brahma)
The Wisnu and Brahma suites both overlook the pool and have comfortable king-size four-poster beds and separate dressing rooms. Interiors here are more hip than traditional, and have a chilled vibe. Both rooms are furnished with sofas and feature interesting statuary. Ensuites are fitted with circular tubs and the private garden in Wisnu’s bathroom is an extraordinary riot of tropical flowers, including heliconia, torch ginger and an ancient frangipani tree.
At Villa Hansa’s heart is a repurposed antique timber joglo with floor-to-ceiling windows and cool air conditioning. A deep cushioned sofa and soft chairs are positioned below an ornately carved timber tampung sari (the heavily stepped and sculpted centre of the joglo ceiling) while a two-metre-long table hewn from a single piece of wood is housed in a cool corner. A guest kitchen and service counter lies behind a bar that has comfortable stool seating for four people. Antiques and rare artefacts, including a beautiful old china cabinet and rattan rooster cages, give this room a sleek and polished ambiance.
Overlooking Villa Hansa’s swimming pool is a casual open-fronted, fan-cooled pavilion that is perfect for relaxed dining, board games and simply chilling. The main kitchen, where staff create gourmet meals and brew delicious ginger tea, is in this pavilion, which is bordered by gardens – both water and flowering - and is decorated with quirky pieces, including a series of chicken statues. The dining table here seats 12 people and several low-slung chairs provide a comfy base from which to relax and watch over pool shenanigans. The polished timber floors are bordered with white stone and the vibe is shabby chic.
Villa Hansa’s 18-metre swimming pool is deep at one end and very shallow at the other, making it perfect for morning laps, a spot of diving or a place for little people to splash. Elegant daybeds and sun loungers surround the pool - some under the shade of umbrellas. A fresh water shower, carved in the image of a Hindu goddess, is recessed into the garden borders.
A large bale, facing the river and rice fields at the far side of the gardens, makes a great space for lazy barbecue lunches interspersed by cooling dips in the pool and friendly tournaments at the full size pool table.
Tucked into a quite corner by the river is the spacious yoga studio. This is the perfect place to spend a quiet morning of meditation and asanas, or to watch a traditional Balinese dance performance, which the manager will happy arrange.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- Villa Hansa is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by security staff working on shifts.
- Private cooks are trained in local and international cuisine and are in charge of the market shopping and preparation of all guest meals (extra cost plus handling fee).
- In villa treatments may be selected from a comprehensive spa menu and can be carried out by professional beauty therapists by arrangement (extra cost applies).
- Providing a private chauffeured car is available to hire for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 35++.
- Area: 3100sqm (villa). 4200sqm (land).
- Pool: Main pool: 16 x 6 x 2.4 m; Second pool: 12 x 4 x 1.5 m.
- Accommodation: 5 king-size beds air-conditioned bedroom with en-suite bathroom; 1 queen-sized bed plus a daybed in the TV room (extra beds are available at additional cost); Joglo living pavilion with guest kitchen; Bar; Dining; Kitchen pavilion with seating for 12; Barbecue pavilion; TV room off master suite; Riverside yoga studio; Performance space; Massage room.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; iPod dock.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Guest mobile phone for local calls; Mobile phone coverage (additional cost for credit); Printer; Fax.
- Family: Baby cot; High chair; DVDs; Board games; Pool table.
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure; Pedicure.
- Event: Weddings.
- Sport: Table tennis; Bicycle.
- A private chauffeured car is available to hire for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 35++.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Safety deposit box.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 740 Nights||$ 990 Nights||$ 1230 Nights||$ 1550 Nights|
|7 Bedroom Bed||$ 920 Nights||$ 1090 Nights||$ 1230 Nights||$ 1550 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period