Villa Kakatua, Canggu
Villa Kakatua offers a blissful retreat just metres from Batu Bolong surf beach in Canggu on Bali’s south-west coast. Hidden behind private walls and resting amongst lush tropical gardens, this four-bedroom villa is perfect for families and groups seeking a traditional Bali-style getaway within easy walking distance of some of the island’s hippest, healthiest, happening hang-outs. Larger groups can book Villa Kakatua together with neighbouring three-bedroom Villa Kedidi for a seven-bedroom option.
Child friendly and with warm and attentive staff, guests will find it hard not to relax and unwind in this beautiful Balinese home-away-from-home. Whether it’s lazing by the pool, taking a stroll through the rice fields or catching a wave at one of Canggu’s popular surf breaks it won’t take long to succumb to the infectious island spirit.
Kakatua (which means cockatoo) is a gem of a villa for families and friends seeking a relaxed and comfortable holiday at an affordable price. Located next to its sister, three-bedroom Villa Kedidi, this four-bedroom villa is the epitome of simple luxury.
Beautifully designed in classic Balinese style the villa features timber pillars and high serapwood ceilings, garden bathrooms, traditional artefacts, a free-form swimming pool and lush tropical surrounds, home to a myriad of exotic plants and birdlife (you may even see a cockatoo).
Just 100 metres from the beautiful black volcanic sands of Batu Bolong Beach, Villa Kakatua is perfectly placed for exploring Canggu’s cool cafes, innovative restaurants and chic boutiques, yet retire to their own quiet little slice of paradise at the end of each day. Catch a wave, build a sandcastle or be mesmerised by the setting sun – you will soon feel the peace and tranquility that this Island of the Gods is famous for.
This family friendly villa has everything you need, from high chairs, baby cots and toddler-safe cutlery to pool toys, kids movies and lots of lawn for letting loose. The warm and hospitable staff are excellent with children and the in-house chefs are well-equipped to cater for the fussiest of eaters. And knowing that the family is well cared for gives adults more time to relax. Chill out in the poolside balé, pamper yourself with a spa treatment or enjoy a sunset cocktail at the five-star Hotel Tugu next door – the list is endless.
A true home-away-from-home, Villa Kakatua will embrace you with its character and charm. It’s no surprise that guests are eager to return year after year.
A private path bordered by plants and limestone carvings leads to Villa Kakatua’s traditional Balinese doors. Behind these doors guests are greeted by an aling-aling wall (a short partition wall which, according to traditional belief, protects the villa from bad spirits), a fishpond and a bubbling water feature.
The main two-storey pavilion houses the master suite, one guest bedroom, the living area and the kitchen. Adjacent to this is the dining balé, and to the far side of that the other two guest bedrooms lie side by side below a thatched roof.
Each room faces the lagoon-style pool and lush gardens enabling guests to enjoy the peace and tranquillity from every angle, while those wishing to embrace the spiritual side of Bali can observe daily offerings being made to the gods at the villa’s very own garden temple.
All four of Villa Kakatua’s air-conditioned bedrooms are similar in design with polished cream terrazzo floors, ceiling fans, beautifully carved wooden beds draped with mosquito nets and antique batik throws. Tastefully decorated with Javanese antiques and traditional paintings and portraits, the rooms are very homely and comfortable. iPod docks in all bedrooms and TV/DVD players (in all but bedroom four) add a modern touch, while the lovely garden bathrooms, dotted with bluestone pebbles and with open-air showers, inject tropical style.
The ground floor master suite (with the additional luxury of a tub in its bathroom) lies immediately off the main living area, with glass sliding doors opening onto the pool. The upstairs guest bedroom has great views over the gardens and is accessed by a wooden staircase from the living room.
Bedrooms three and four are tucked away in their own pavilion with a shared veranda for cheeky daytime naps on the comfortable bright red daybeds. One of these rooms features a giant four-poster bed large enough to sleep four children (2 of which may incur extra cost) or two adults.
Overlooking the pool, Villa Kakatua’s open-sided living area is a great place to unwind or watch a movie under the cooling breeze of the ceiling fans. Decorated with an array of Indonesian artefacts and antiques this room evokes vivid images of ‘old’ Bali. Two comfortable red sofas, topped with bright yellow and blue cushions face a carved wooden coffee table at one side of the pavilion, while a table and chairs at the other provides enough seating for four to enjoy breakfast or an afternoon snack – or perhaps a board game.
Two beautifully carved Balinese dancers pose on either side of the kitchen doors at the rear of the living room. The modern kitchen comes with stainless steel appliances and all essential childrens equipment.
Standing close to the living pavilion and fringed by lush vegetation, the thatched dining balé with its solid wood table and two large bench seats provides the perfect setting for a casual dining experience.
At the heart of Villa Kakatua lies the lagoon-style salt-water swimming pool surrounded by manicured lawns and lushly landscaped gardens. Every tropical plant you can think of is on display here, from flowering frangipanis to impressive fan palms and clinging stag-horn ferns.
The delightful poolside balé is the ideal place to soak up the atmosphere or indulge in a massage or spa treatment. If a suntan is your goal, then stretch out on one of the poolside loungers, order an ice-cold drink, relax and enjoy.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Four villa maids attend to daily housekeeping duties and also serve meals.
- Turn down service.
- Two security guards provide 24/7 protection with rotating shifts.
- Two chefs serve Kedidi and Kakatua with Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s suggestion menus at an extra cost plus handling fee.
- On request, the villa staff may call one of Bali’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis.
- Area: 943sqm.
- Pool: 11m x 4.7m; A US certified pool safety fence is available on request at extra change; Poolside bale; Pool fence (extra charge).
- Accommodation: 1 with king-size beds; 2 with queen-size beds; 1 with an extra large antique four-poster bed containing 2 double mattresses (2 more guests can be accommodated for an additional charge); Open-sided living; Dining pavilion; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; Stereo system with CD player in living room; TV; DVD players in 3 bedrooms; iPhone/iPod docks (in living room and all bedrooms).
- Communication: Complimentary WiFi broadband internet access; Telephone available for local calls; IDD (on request).
- Family: 2 baby cots (1 free, 1 with extra charge); 2 high chairs; 2 bed rails; 2 baby monitors; Child car-seats (extra charge); Pool toys; DVDs.
- Spa: Balinese massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Back-up generator; Safe.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 378 Nights||$ 448 Nights||$ 528 Nights||$ 698 Nights|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 418 Nights||$ 498 Nights||$ 588 Nights||$ 698 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 18 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period