Villa Levi, Canggu
With a tranquil setting amidst the traditional rice fields of rural Canggu, this breathtaking villa is within easy walking distance of the famous surf spot, Echo Beach. Balinese-inspired architecture and design reflect an oasis of peace and harmony, as well as a deep respect for the natural environment, with the use of reclaimed wood and local stone throughout. A truly unique property with a 16-metre swimming pool, three bedrooms and ample private and communal areas, Villa Levi stands out for its home-away-from-home feel, providing a luxurious hideaway for small groups and families.
Rising from the banks of a small river shaded by a towering banyan tree, this peaceful villa is blessed with an abundance of tropical flora and immaculate lawns. Partly designed by Alberto Cortes and Yvonne Hulst, the designers responsible for The Purist in Ubud, The Giri Residence in Ibiza and Ryad Dyor in Marrakech, Villa Levi combines contemporary design with eclectic Indonesian antiques and a sublime back-to-nature setting.
While the ambiance is intimate, the expansive rice fields that surround the villa create a wonderful sense of space. The use of recycled timber and local stone throughout – from ironwood decking, to stone tables and marble bathtubs – creates wonderful texture and earthy tones; a perfect reflection of the natural setting.
The villa’s three uniquely styled bedroom suites are ideal for small groups, families, solo travellers or honeymooners. Groups will enjoy the open-plan lounge and alfresco dining terraces – supported by fabulous gourmet kitchen facilities and a suggestion menu – and the pool deck with a collection of oversize sun beds and rustic table settings. Then again, if me-time is on the agenda, you can slip away into the luxurious spa treatment area, soak in the jacuzzi, or curl up with a book on a giant sofa and leave the world behind. Not sure how to spend your days? Ask the helpful villa staff for inspiration. It’s just a short stroll to Echo Beach, or head to Seminyak, with its chic restaurants, designer boutiques and buzzing nightlife.
Few people are as naturally gracious and welcoming as the Balinese and it is the warmth of their genuine and seemingly endless smiles that you will remember long after your holiday is over.
A series of pavilions are clustered in a rectangular shape around a sunken lawn and 16-metre swimming pool, with living, dining and kitchen areas at one end, pool deck at the other, and bedroom pavilions either side. Stairs from the pool deck lead down to a terrace and spa and gym room. Another set of stairs lead up from the pool deck to a private rooftop terrace.
Villa Levi’s three generous air-conditioned bedrooms are all equipped with satellite TV/DVD players, mini bars, customised amenites and ample storage space. Each is decorated with eclectic artwork and artefacts. Deluxe beds are covered in Egyptian cotton linens, and set under four-poster canopies draped with sheer netting.
The master suite, which is slightly larger than the other rooms, is furnished with a king-size bed and a large sofa. The luxurious covered garden bathroom is fringed with greenery, and fitted with double rain showers overlooking the river. A wooden path way flanked by fish ponds leads to the enchanting outdoor jacuzzi.
Pool View I
This spacious room is furnished with a king-size bed, sofa and antique display cabinet. In the pastel green bathroom the rain shower is surrounded by a veranda with an outdoor marble bathtub tucked in one corner. The walk-in dressing room overlooks the trees and is big enough to be used as an additional bedroom.
Pool View II
In this second guest room, twin beds adorned in traditional ikat textiles can be converted to a king. Glass doors open onto the garden, and the indoor bathroom is fitted with a tub, walk-in dressing room, rain shower and additional courtyard shower.
Stepping-stones over a pond lead past a long Palimanan frieze and into the open-plan living, dining and kitchen areas that overlook the whole property and the rice fields beyond. A large comfortable sofa and coffee table are set in one corner, and a stone-topped table seats six. The island-style guest kitchen and wet bar is equipped with a hob, fridge and espresso machine, and bar stools at the counter make a great place for enjoying a cocktail or a bottle of wine, while an iPod and dock provide entertainment.
The dining wing is dominated by a massive table carved from a single tree trunk, accompanied by eight plump-cushioned chairs. Stone shelving lines one of the walls with an evocative collection of earthenware pots and ethnic curios.
Casual lounge areas throughout the villa make comfortable corners to congregate or peaceful havens for solitude. The pool deck is furnished with three double sun loungers shaded by graceful parasols, and two long tables overlooking the river are perfect for alfresco meals. Meanwhile, in the poolside bale, soft cushions create a tempting spot for a siesta.
Stairs lead up to a charming rooftop terrace suitable for morning yoga or moments of quiet reflection, and down to a riverfront deck shaded by giant trees and furnished with huge stone pots filled with ornamental palms. To the rear of the deck, the spa – a soothing space with two massage beds – is adjoined by an air-conditioned gym.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- Our butler serves meals, arranges transport and in-villa activities, and assists the manager in daily operations.
- Professional guards provide night-time security at Villa Levi.
- Skilled private chef will happily prepare anything from the Western, Asian and vegetarian suggestion menu, as well as accommodate special requests, children’s meals and dietary requirements (extra cost plus handling fee).
- A range of in-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
- Area: 1600sqm (villa).
- Pool: 16 x 5 metres; Pool deck with alfresco dining.
- Accommodation: 3 with king-size beds; 1 of which is convertible to twin bed; 2 sofa beds can be used by 2 additional adults plus 1 extra bed may be set up on guest request (additional charge is applied after 6 guests); Living room; Dining room to seat 8; Rooftop; Riverside terraces; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD/CD Player; iPod; iPod dock.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Landline for local calls; Mobile phone coverage.
- Family: Baby cot; High chair; Car seat (on request).
- Spa: Massage; Foot reflexology; Body scrub; Manicure; Pedicure.
- Sport: Gym room with dumb bells; Yoga mats.
- Event: Weddings.
- A seven-seater car and driver is available at a special daily rate of US$ 35++ for 8 hours (excluding petrol).
- Additional facility: Barbecue; Safety deposit boxes.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 550 Nights||$ 630 Nights||$ 710 Nights||$ 955 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 18 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period