Villa Ylang Ylang, Sanur
Nestled between coconut trees and a deserted Indian Ocean beach, Villa Ylang Ylang is the star of the show.An outstanding six-bedroom destination villa.Hidden within a culturally-drenched village along Bali’s south east coast, this contemporary-Asian residence oozes luxury and glamour, with interiors revealing exquisite tastes and sophisticated facilities for discerning guests, including a 15-metre pool, gym and home-theatre.
Approached through Saba village, with its idyllic scenery of verdant rice fields and coconut groves, this beachfront property resting on landscaped gardens and facing the Indian Ocean’s crashing surf is a spectacular sight. Contemporary Asian in design and lavishly appointed, the architectural grandeur of this six-bedroom property emphasises majestic dimensions to create an atmosphere of serenity and refinement.
At Villa Ylang Ylang, the pursuit of relaxation is amply catered for with a gym and infrared sauna, a top-notch theatre room and a series of intimate, luxurious outdoor spaces, while epicurean pursuits are more than satisfied by the kitchen, which produces fine dining par excellence.
Built in 2002 and lovingly designed and furnished by its owner, Villa Ylang Ylang hints of Versace and European sophistication: an elegant black and gold theme permeates throughout, while furnishings are fashioned from the finest imported fabrics. Food is served on gold plates, pool towels are by Chanel and several precious glass sculptures by the celebrated Japanese Artist Seiki ornament the villa. Guests have included international celebrities and royalty, discreetly served by the experienced yet charming villa staff.
Villa Ylang Ylang, however, is much, much more than a luxury beachside residence. The villa is named after the fragrant Ylang Ylang flower, renowned for bringing harmony, peace, warmth and passion, and its mantra is ‘passionate serenity’, which is exactly what you will find here. Radiating a positive and rejuvenating energy, Villa Ylang Ylang’s wildly beautiful beachside setting is therapeutic in itself, but add the yoga and spa treatments, health-conscious food and calming chill-out zones and you have a magical retreat. Secluded and peaceful, you may not want to leave this destination villa, but should you venture out you are within easy driving distance of many of Bali’s tourist attractions and natural splendours.
Villa Ylang Ylang’s grand entrance features Balinese statues lining a stone-clad wall, and cascading water jugs filling a lily pond. An inner courtyard dominated by calming pools of water leads to the property’s main structure, an impressive two-storey living and dining pavilion. Similar to the rest of the property, architectural design here incorporates contemporary Asian elegantly fused with traditional Balinese touches and high-quality materials.
Predominately open-plan and open-sided, the main pavilion contains living and dining areas plus a well-equipped kitchen. An upper gallery reveals rooftop meditation and yoga deck, spa treatment deck and further dining and lounging areas. The villa’s impressive theatre room is also housed in this pavilion.
Landscaped gardens and an attractive 15-metre swimming pool and stone deck spread out towards the ocean from this central building, flanked by a pair of symmetrical, single-storey wings, incorporating six ensuite bedrooms. Revealed within the immaculate lawns are two balés (gazebos) for dining and relaxation and a gym with infrared sauna. Sun-lit and breezy during the daytime, the villa glows with sophistication after dark.
Furthest away from the main pavilion and closest to the beach, the two luxurious master suites face each other across the pool. Similar in style, both come furnished with a king-size, contemporary, four-poster bed, vanity area and silk upholstered couch. Their lavish bathrooms feature generous-sized sunken bathtubs, room-size walk-in rain shower, his n’ hers washbasins and, beyond, a small courtyard with modern glass sculptures contrasting with traditional-style Balinese water statue and pool. At the opposite end, a terraced area features comfy cushioned outdoor furniture (with encircling silk drapes for privacy) and a relaxing private plunge pool, looking out over the sea.
Both master suites are additionally equipped with a satellite TV and DVD player.
Next to the master suites are two Queen Rooms featuring queen-size four-poster beds. Wood and glass sliding doors lead to chic ensuite bathrooms with mini-sunken baths that double as showers (massage and traditional Balinese style).
Accessed through internal sliding doors from each of the Queen Rooms are adjoining Junior Rooms, each furnished with twin beds – one with canopied, mosquito nets – making them very suitable for children (these rooms are ideally positioned nearest to the living pavilion, so parental surveillance is easy in the evenings). Ensuites with showers are attached to both Junior Rooms.
Interiors in all four rooms follow the style of the master suites and all bathrooms are delightfully sunny, courtesy of a conservatory-style, sloping glass roof decorated with rattan. Outside, intimate patios are edged with white pebbles, black tiles and tropical foliage; ornamented by glass standing candle-holders and furnished with a single, black reclining lounger.
The heart of the villa, the main pavilion stands two storey’s tall, an impressive building with an 11-metre-high atrium, symmetrically balanced with cream-hued colonnades supporting a soaring, vaulted ceiling. The pavilion looks out across the gardens and pool to the beach
Mainly open-sided (protected by a combination of floor-to-ceiling wood doors, flowing silk curtains and lengthy bamboo blinds), the pavilion is cooled by refreshing sea breezes and ceiling fans. The living area is furnished with large floor cushions, a deep daybed draped in organza silk and flanking comfy sofas, all featuring rich designer fabrics and signature golden and black theme.
At the far end, under a low-ceiling, the formal dining area is dominated by a lacquered wood table accommodating 12 to 14 diners on incredibly comfortable cushioned chairs. As a backdrop to the dining table is a striking glass sculpture and wall-panel of gold-painted mirrored tiles. Separate, and behind closed doors, lies the fully-equipped kitchen.
At the opposite end of the living–dining area, black sliding doors reveal an air-conditioned theatre room– so called as satellite TV channels and DVDs are projected onto an extensive wall screen. Facing the screen, a black sofa bed is massive enough for the entire family to laze upon, enjoying the hundreds of DVDs available or top-of-the-range surround-sound music system. This cozy room also doubles as a study, with well-stocked library, computer with broadband internet and printer provided for guest use.
Two black lacquered staircases at opposite ends of the living pavilion ground-floor lead up to a black timbered gallery. Mezzanine-style, this open-sided, space looks inwards over the living-dining area. Sunlit and airy, it contains two intimate dining tables and centrally-positioned balcony encased by folding glass doors. This intimate lounging area with gigantic daybed reveals fabulous ocean views and comes flanked on opposite ends by a rooftop deck scattered with floor cushions – perfect for yoga or nighttime star gazing – and rooftop massage deck with two massage beds provided for spa treatments.
From the main pavilion, the 15-metre pool is the central point of landscaped seaside gardens, bounded by swaying coconut palms. Adorned with ornamental water fountains, the salt water pool is surrounded by a stone deck, supplying multi-functional sun beds fashioned from weatherproof rattan and cushioned with black mattresses and silk cushions.
From here, manicured lawns stretch down to a tidal river, glistening black sands and crashing surf; at the gardens’ end beside the river is a timbered sundeck, complete with sun-loungers with fabulous unobstructed views across the beach.
Lawns are dotted with Indonesian modern art sculptures mounted on stone and sweet-scented, frangipani trees. At each side, overlooking the beach, is a black, contemporary-take on the traditional balé pavilion: one, designed for romantic dining and sun-filled lunches and the other, for relaxation and massage. These contrast with two miniscule Hindu shrines nearby. There’s also an oversized black sunbed with concertina-style cover and opposite, a small, glass-fronted gym containing a four-person, wooden infrared sauna.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- The Butlers serving food to keeping your bedroom immaculate and organising yoga instructors.
- Turn down service.
- Two nighttime security guards, ever-vigilant but without imposing on guest privacy. For further peace of mind, additional security back-up is provided by a local neighbourhood watch system.
- An accomplished and experienced chef, well-versed in entertaining and culinary skills (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Spa and yoga services available on request (extra charges apply).
- The staff manages all the laundry with housekeeping (extra price).
- Providing car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excludes petrol).
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: 15 x 5 metre saltwater pool; 2 plunge pools.
- Accommodation: 2 master suites with king beds; 2 queen-bedded suites; 2 twin-bedded suites convertible to Kings; Plus 2 baby cots (extra beds are available on request at additional cost); Two-storey main pavilion with living; Dining area; Fully-equipped kitchen; Theatre room; Upper gallery with spa; Massage deck; Plus meditation deck; 2 garden bales.
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs; DVD players in master suites; Theatre room; Extensive DVD library; CD players in bedrooms; iPod dock in bedrooms; Board games,; Book library.
- Communication: Complimentary WiFi throughout; Computer; Printer; Complimentary local calls + in-house telephone system (room to room); IDD calls on request (extra cost).
- Family: A baby cot; Inflatable pool toys; A high-chair.
- Sport: Gym; Yoga mats.
- Spa: Sauna; Massage beds.
- Events: Weddings and special events for up to 70 people standing (50 people sitting) can be arranged with prior notice.
- Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD35++/day (excludes petrol).
- Additional facilities: Secure parking for six cars; Hairdryers; Mini-safes in bedrooms; Wine cooler; 3 coffee machines; Customized bathroom toiletries; Barbecue.
|Season name||Min Stay||4 Bedroom Bed||6 Bedroom Bed|
|Low Season||2 Nights||$ 580 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|$ 720 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|Shoulder Season||3 Nights||$ 660 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|$ 840 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|High Season||5 Nights||$ 800 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|$ 960 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|Peak Season||7 Nights||$ 1240 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
|$ 1240 Nights
Tax: 15.5 %
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negotiable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 7th, 2019 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 06 Jan to 01 Feb, 2019; 11 Feb to 04 Apr, 2019; 22 Apr to 14 Jun, 2019; 01 Sep to 14 Dec, 2019; 05 Jan to 23 Jan, 2020; 01 Feb to 27 Mar, 2020; 03 May to 19 Jun, 2020; 06 Sep to 14 Dec, 2020.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 05 Apr to 16 Apr, 2019; 15 Jun to 21 Jun, 2019; 18 Aug to 31 Aug, 2019; 28 Mar to 08 Apr, 2020; 14 Apr to 02 May, 2020; 20 Jun to 26 Jun, 2020; 24 Aug to 05 Sep, 2020.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 02 Feb to 10 Feb, 2019; 17 Apr to 21 Apr, 2019; 22 Jun to 17 Aug, 2019; 15 Dec to 25 Dec, 2019; 24 Jan to 31 Jan, 2020; 09 Apr to 13 Apr, 2020; 27 Jun to 23 Aug, 2020; 15 Dec to 25 Dec, 2020.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 Dec 2019 to 04 Jan 2020.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
* Does not apply for New Year period