Arnalaya Beach House, Canggu
Live the architectural dream in this marvelous contemporary retreat located on the beachfront in Bali’s beautiful Canggu area, with a team of staff on hand to ensure that every whim is gracefully met. A unique creative collaboration by the architects and designers Sonny Chan (CSYA) and Albano Daminato (Studio Daminato), Arnalaya Beach House is a sophisticated yet supremely relaxed family-friendly villa set amid private terraced landscaping.
Five double bedrooms, plus a gym that readily converts to make a sixth, provide space for up to 18 guests. An ocean front bale – the local lexicon for garden pavilion – offers alfresco dining for 14 overlooking the Indian Ocean and a crystal clear 20 metre swimming pool. The private tennis court is action ready and the spa pampers and polishes, while lush green lawns and gardens bowed with fragrant tropical flowers will bring blissful repose in no time.
Minimalist vertical lines accent this uber cool and contemporary sanctuary, which is a brief barefoot stroll from the colourful fishing boats and mighty surf of Nelayan Beach. The coveted skills of internationally acclaimed Singapore architect Sonny Chan are on full display at this rarefied ocean estate, softened with a chic mix of textures and colours rendered by Australian-born interior designer Albano Daminato. The magical lighting and every piece of furniture was custom designed in the Daminato studio specifically for the villa: spilt bamboo wall panels juxtapose reeds and grasses crafted with natural linens for window shades; sofas are wrapped in rich, delicate European and Indonesian textiles. In the expert hands of Chan and Daminato, design concepts converge to create refined elegance that is family functional and beautifully balanced.
Aesthetically gratifying for the design addict while being superbly luxurious, Arnalaya Beach House’s flexible design can accommodate up to 18 guests, with romantically canopied beds that can be configured to either kings or twins, and point blank ocean views from the picture windows of the third-floor master ensuites.
Families, sports fiends and pamper pusses will adore the private tennis court, 20-metre salt-water pool, gym, spa room and yoga platforms positioned to catch the sunrise and watch over the Hindu rituals at the neighbouring temple. Make use of the special-rate car and driver and visit some of Bali’s ethereal temples, grab a game of golf at the spectacular Nirwana course, or browse the boutiques of sophisticated Seminyak, just 20 minutes away.
The entertainment room is a real showstopper and will be a hotspot for the entire family. It’s in a separate wing – along with three guest bedrooms – and is equipped with a huge TV screen that connects you to your personal iTunes account, plus stacks of games, books, arts and craft gear.
Almost 4,500 square metres of neatly terraced lawns create a phenomenal space for special celebrations and sophisticated soirees. Then there’s the gorgeous pool- and ocean-front bale for sundowners followed by exquisite meals prepared by Arnalaya Beach House’s master chef from a mouthwatering menu of Western and pan-Asian delicacies.
Arnalaya means ‘rhythm of the waves’ in Sanskrit, and this chic retreat with its excellent staff and dream location seamlessly cultivates that allusively serene state.
Enter via a high gate into the villa’s landscaped equatorial gardens stepping up to the ocean-front balé and pool. Climb the wonderfully angular staircase in the main pavilion to the lounge and dining rooms, and be lulled by the languid seascape. Two master bedrooms crown this building and have front row seats for the sunset show, with brilliant views to the horizon.
A second pavilion, overlooking the tennis court and with more spectacular sea views from its upper floor, houses the entertainment room plus three identical guest bedrooms with canopied beds, sculptured terrazzo bathrooms and gardens with fish-filled lotus ponds. In a separate single-storey building is a sumptuous spa room and the gym, which can easily and ingeniously be transformed into an extra bedroom.
Arnalaya Beach House has five ensuite bedrooms enveloped in air-conditioned comfort. By virtue of their coveted views, the two Ocean suites in the main pavilion might be considered masters, but all five rooms are of a similar size and have flexibly configured beds offering both twin or king options, making the villa ideal for fair sharing.
For larger groups, the gym can be converted to a sixth bedroom with two pull-down beds plus two extra portable beds. On the ground floor of the main building, next to the commercial kitchen, there’s also a handy small extra bedroom fitted with bunk beds and adjoined by a shower room; suitable for a nanny or other additional staff.
Two mirror-image bedrooms lie at the top of the main building, with their own terraces and a refreshingly simple design. Wardrobes are walk-in and the bathtub is stand-alone and set in front of huge windows that maximise the views. The beds create a canopied boudoir. Music wafts from Bose ceiling speakers and the TV is neatly concealed behind sleek fitted units. A comfortable sitting area is furnished with a custom-made sofa and desk and every outlook is enhanced by the seductive seascape.
A second pair of Ocean Suites, beautiful in their balance and simplicity, occupy the upper floor of the adjacent two-storey building. Softly muted colours and canopied four-poster beds create a soothing space, and the neat lines of custom-designed units conceal hanging space, luggage storage, TV and sound system. A desk and lounge area underscores an apartment-like appeal. The open terrazzo bathrooms have softly curved walls and freestanding oval tubs as well as spacious shower stalls.
Spilling out onto the green lawn, lotus ponds and family temple, this suite is tucked into a pretty garden and offers direct access to the gym and spa. Although similar to the bedrooms above in most respects, this room also has a pull-down single bed in place of a desk making it ideal for families with a toddler, or for three older kids to share.
The lounge and dining room on the second floor of the main building has windows that seem to magically disappear and morph the space into avant-garde outdoor living with terraces seaward and over the courtyard.
Plush white sofas face one another, hand crafted tribal tables and skeletal bamboo chairs are scattered about, and a wall is hung with an antique batik print. The air-conditioned formal dining room seats up to 14 people at a bespoke solid teak table, and split bamboo wall panels give the space a casual vibe. Side tables are adorned with clusters of fresh white orchids, an exquisite trio of antique hair combs and mood-creating candle-lit hurricane lamps.
Over on the ground floor of the second pavilion is a sensational retreat for kids large and small. As the only room with Apple TV – loaded with Netflix, HBO, ABC, PBS KIDS and more – the entertainment room is a popular haunt with its big versatile modular sofa and sets of café-style tables and chairs. The sound system is loaded with an excellent music library, there’s a Nintendo Wii, and the bookshelves carry abundant reading material for kids and adults. This is a perfect place to wind down in the cool while watching a movie or viewing a tennis match through the wall-to-wall windows that face the court.
Facing the ocean and flanked by the shimmering swimming pool, timber decking and gardens, the pool lounge and dining bale is furnished with a metres long solid timber table for 14, hand-rendered rattan chairs and polished concrete banquette seating littered with comfy cushions. This space, which is sea-breeze- and fan-cooled, has its own fully functional kitchen with a built-in barbecue, induction cooker and cocktail bar.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Personal service by the villa staff.
- Turn down service.
- 24 hours a day by three dedicated security staff working rotating shifts.
- Chef controls the daily market shopping and the development and delivery of your menu. Chef will prepare dishes that align to special dietary requirements or just special requests at an extra cost plus handling fee.
- In-villa treatments can be selected from a comprehensive spa menu and carried out by professional therapists including sport massage (extra cost applies).
- Providing a seven-seater car and driver is available for up to 8 hours a day at a special rate of US$35++ (petrol excluded).
- Area: 1,300sqm (villa), 4,430sqm (land).
- Pool: 20 x 8 metres swimming pool with salt filtration; Pool lounge.
- Accommodation: 5 ensuite bedrooms with split king beds (one with an extra pull-down single bed); Gym convertible to twin room with two further portable beds; Three extra beds available (additional charge); Air-conditioned lounge; Formal dining for 14; Entertainment room; Dining bale also with table for 14; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: 60-inch TV screen in entertainment room; Satellite TVs in bedrooms; DVD player; Surround-sound system; CD player; iPod dock.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Landline; Mobile phone for local calls; Computer; Printer; Fax.
- Family: Baby cot; High chair; Bath; Monitor; Changing mats; Cutlery; Plates; Car seat; DVDs; Games.
- Spa: Spa room with two massage tables; Body scrubs; Hair masks; A gentle but deeply effective Balinese massage followed by soak in a warm bath filled with fragrant tropical blooms; Sports massages; Foot reflexology; Beauty therapies.
- Event: Venue and celebrations for up to 150 people can be arranged with prior notice for wedding, reunion, special occasion and etc.
- A seven-seater car and driver is available for up to 8 hours a day at a special rate of US$35++ (petrol excluded).
- Additional facilities: Office for guest use; Barbecue; Diesel powered back-up generator; Safety deposit box.
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 1990 Nights||$ 2460 Nights||$ 2740 Nights||$ 2990 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.