Bendega Villas, Canggu
At Bendega Villas, modern Balinese architecture, abundant space, a lush tropical garden and a quiet village location close to the beach in Canggu combine to create a stunning retreat for family and friends to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Bali and for intimate and unforgettable weddings and special events.
Five-bedroom Bendega Nui and three-bedroom Bendega Rato can each be rented separately, together, or with the one-bedroom pavilion that sits between the two in a walled garden and with a plunge pool of its own, to create a total of nine bedrooms.
One Bedroom Pavillion
This delightful, very private, one-bedroom pavilion, which stands in its own walled garden with plunge pool, is available for rent with either Bendega Nui or Bendega Rato - or both, to make up a total of nine bedrooms. It cannot, however, be rented on its own.
Bendega Rato (3 Bedroom Villa)
At Bendega Rato, modern Bali style, the greys of Echo Beach, the blues and whites of the sea and sky, five-star comforts and superb staff combine to create a luxury retreat in a small fishing village in Canggu. The villa’s name reflects the owners’ love for Bali (Bendega means ‘fisherman’ in Balinese), and their native New Zealand (Rato means ‘sunset’ in Maori – a nod to the villa’s delightful sunset terrace).
Bendega Rato greets you through antique Javanese doors before you walk across a traditional Balinese pond. A vaulted open-plan living and dining area looks out onto the lush tropical garden and the 18 x 5-metre grey slate pool. A pool balé. with an antique bar and table seating ten, is the perfect place to unwind, while a media room, complete with state-of-the-art audio and video equipment, will keep you entertained. Upstairs, a sundeck and rooftop balé provide panoramic views of the legendary Bali sunsets.
The villa offers three master bedrooms each with large ensuite bathroom, while a very private master suite with its own plunge pool, sun deck and garden balé – can be added as an optional fourth room.
The nearest beach is just a five-minute walk away, and Echo Beach, with its laid back restaurants and world class surfing, just a few minutes further along the sands. The chic restaurants and bars of Petitenget and Seminyak are also easily accessible. You’ll be close to the excitement but far enough away to truly enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Bali.
Finally, whether you decide to stay at the villa or explore all that Bali has to offer, our team of friendly, experienced staff, including an excellent chef, will be on hand to look after you and your every need.
Bendega Nui (5 Bedroom Villa)
Bendega Nui was designed in partnership with internationally renowned architect Glenn Parker to respect the style, proportion and symmetry of traditional Balinese architecture within a modern tropical design. The villa’s name reflects the owners’ love for Bali (Bendega means ‘fisherman’ in Balinese), and their native New Zealand (Nui means ‘grand’ in Maori).
Set in almost an acre of serene tropical gardens overlooking the rice fields, the villa is a short walk from the beach and a short drive to the chic restaurants and bars of Seminyak; close to the excitement of Bali but far enough away to ensure a traditional Balinese experience.
There are five large bedrooms at Bendega Nui, each with ensuite bathroom and a balcony, terrace or private garden area. A further one-bedroom suite, with plunge pool, sun deck and relaxation balé set in a private walled garden, can be added as an optional sixth room. A reading balé, library with 50-inch plasma TV, a games room complete with pool table, and a sun deck hidden below the pool provide ample opportunities for relaxation. There’s also a stunning open sitting area that overlooks the rice fields, a separate air-conditioned dining room with a table that seats up to 20, a pool pavilion for outdoor dining and a large infinity-edge pool, both situated to catch the fabulous Bali sunsets.
The villa’s contemporary design is enhanced, outside and in, with the highest quality materials, all chosen for their natural beauty and durability. Thoughtfully chosen Balinese and Javanese sculptures, cabinets and artefacts – many of them antique – as well as bright floral fabrics and custom-printed traditional ikat textiles bring the stylish dark-wood furniture to vivid life. State-of-the-art facilities include a Sonos digital music system that can be programmed to match musical moods in several different ‘zones’, a modern kitchen, satellite television and DVD players and air conditioning in all the indoor areas.
The extensive gardens surrounding Bendega Nui are very special, and make an idyllic setting for a wedding or other special celebration. Lawns are dotted with frangipani, oil palms, jasmine, yuccas, African tulip trees and an abundance of tropical fruit, and feature several serene, koi-filled ponds.
Finally, a dedicated, discreet team of staff, including a knowledgeable, multi-lingual manager and an excellent chef, is on hand to look after visitors with wide smiles and willing service, leaving you free to indulge in the special charm and beauty of Bali.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- 24h Butler.
- 24h Security.
- Chef prepares a wide variety of Western and Asian dishes; selection of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks; children's menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets) at an extra cost plus handling fee.
- Providing Chauffeured personal car on standby for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 35++ (petrol excluded).
- Organizing events, such as wedding, reunion, Birthday party and etc (cost applies).
- Arranging Babysitter, masseuse, driver and yoga instructor available on request and an extra charge.
- Area: 1,050sqm (villa) and 3,900sqm (land).
- Pool: 11 x 11m main pool, (6 x 3m plunge pool in optional master suite).
- Accommodation: 5 air-conditioned bedroom (3 with king beds; 2 twin/convertible to king) with en-suite bathroom; 2 extra beds at additional charge; Open-fronted sitting room; Air-conditioned dining for 20; Outdoor lounge seating and dining for 10 at the pool pavilion; Library/TV room; Games room; Reading bale; Kitchen.
- Entertainment: 3 plasma TVs; Sonos digital music system; iPod docking stations in all bedrooms; DVD player; Movies; Books; Games.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; Telephones in all rooms; Laptop and printer for guest use.
- Family: Cots and high chairs are available on request; DVDs; Books; Games; Pool toys.
- Sport: Pool table; Mountain bikes for 2.
- Event: Special events catering for up to 100 guests (or 70 seated guests).
- Spa: Massage beds for 2 persons.
- Chauffeured personal car on standby for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 35++ (petrol excluded).
- Additional facilities: Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator; Safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms; Gas barbecue; Pizza oven.
Terms & Conditions
Rates,Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- All rates excluded 21% tax and service charge.
- Checkin Time : 2:00 PM.
- Checkout Time : 12:00 AM.
- Latest Check Out Time without additional charge : Until 02:00 PM and subject to availability.
- Charge for late check out : Half night's rental, Until 6.00 PM and full day rate after 6.00 PM.
- Please note that late check out is subject to availability.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a negoitable handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January - 14 February; 22 February - 23 March; 15 - 27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 - 28 March; 03 - 14 April; 28 April - 01 May; 16 - 22 June; 19 - 31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 15 - 21 February; 29 March - 02 April; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December - 05 January 2019.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP.
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable.
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit.
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.