Villa Cendrawasih, Seminyak
With five bedrooms and a fabulous location within a stone’s throw of a sandy beach and some of Bali’s most famous beach clubs and restaurants, Villa Cendrawasih has it all. A stylish modern design is complemented by ample creature comforts, including an 18-metre swimming pool, well-equipped gym and charming sun terrace, making it equally suited to quiet family holidays, or groups of friends looking to paint the town red. Fabulous staff are a definite highlight and include attentive butlers who will cheerfully cater to every whim and an inspired chef to prepare gourmet meals.
Appropriately named after a bird of paradise, five-bedroomed Villa Cendrawasih presents the modern face of Balinese villas, combining cutting edge design with supreme comfort and the friendliest of staff. Imbued with contemporary sophistication, the villa perfectly reflects it’s setting in Petitenget, a district renowned for hip beach clubs, world-class dining, funky boutiques and cosmopolitan edge. With uber-trendy W Resort right next door, Villa Cendrawasih is in great company.
Fresh, crisp interiors incorporate white walls and smooth creamy Palimanan stone floors, accented by warm honey-hued timber, modern impressionist artwork, richly textured furnishings and a smattering of Indonesian ethnic artefacts. During the day the villa provides a chic sunny hideaway where adrenalin junkies can work out in the gym, or swim laps in the 18-metre pool, and those in search of more idle pursuits can indulge in deluxe in-villa spa treatments, watch a movie on the 55-inch HD flat-screen TV, or laze on a sunbed amidst the frangipani trees. Sunsets are best enjoyed from the roof-top terrace with tantalising glimpses of rice paddies, glistening ocean and the island’s towering volcanoes. In the evenings hurricane lanterns softly illuminate the pathways, and a candlelit grand dining table begs for elaborate dinner parties prepared by our talented chef and served by our gracious butlers.
For those who manage to tear themselves away from the villa’s soothing environs, a garden door opens onto a secret passageway that emerges on a wide sandy ocean beach (make sure to swim between the flags). Here, casual beach side warungs (restaurants) nestle between famous beach clubs, Mozaic, Potato Head and the glitzy bars and restaurants of W Resort. Jalan Petitenget with its plethora of home stores, bars and restaurants is just one kilometre from the villa.
Occupying a square parcel of land, L-shaped Villa Cendrawasih wraps around the swimming pool and garden. The main building is spread over two floors, with entrance foyer, kitchen, guest bedroom, lounge/dining area and TV room (which doubles as the fifth bedroom) on the ground floor, and three bedrooms and a roof terrace on the top floor. The gym occupies a separate pavilion in the garden.
Handsome wooden doors open onto the villa’s bright entrance foyer, overlooking a walled garden edged with a profusion of pink frangipani trees grafted with white orchids. Separating the garden and the living room is an 18-metre pool (including shallow wading pool at one end) and sun deck lined with six loungers shaded by sunbrellas.
The air-conditioned living and dining area lies to the left of the foyer. Glass doors can be folded right back for a semi-outdoor living experience and instant access to the pool. A long dining table seats 10, while a sideboard is embellished with elaborate silver candlestick holders and a silver-framed mirror. The contemporary living area is furnished with teak sofas and chairs upholstered in a stylish grey and set around a square coffee table. An iPod, dock and Bose speakers provide entertainment.
The attractive wood-panelled kitchen, separated by glass doors from the dining room, is fabulously equipped and includes a wine fridge, coffee machine and mini bar.
Villa Cendrawasih’s TV room is equipped with an oversize sofa, 55-inch HD satellite-channel TV, Bose sound system and movie box with 250 movies. Bookshelves are stacked with a good assortment of novels. An adjacent guest bathroom is fitted with built-in wardrobe and a rain shower. This room can be converted to a fifth bedroom with choice of king-size or twin beds.
At the top of the stairs is a conveniently situated mini bar and a shady veranda leading to the spacious roof terrace encircled by pebbles, manicured lawn and flower boxes. Aqua daybeds and grey bean bags make a comfortable setting to enjoy expansive views that take in coconut palms, volcanoes and the sea sparkling between the trees.
The gym occupies its own glassed pavilion in the garden and is fitted with professional Life Fitness equipment, wall mirrors, weights, exercise bike, tread mill, yoga mats, TV and bathroom with shower. The adjoining terrace is topped with a large cushioned daybed.
Villa Cendrawasih’s contemporary-styled bedrooms are similarly configured, with air conditioning, elegantly draped tinted-glass doors, and satellite-channel TV/DVD player. Each has a unique colour scheme, eclectic artwork and ethnic curios. Bathrooms are a mix of natural stone and wood, with sleek chrome fittings and wooden blinds. The TV room on the ground floor easily converts to a fifth ensuite bedroom.
Set on the top floor, this large master bedroom has direct access to the roof terrace, with king-size bed, wood desk and plump sofa. Modern art painted in hues of copper, silver and gold adorns the walls. The walk-through dressing room is flanked by large mirrors and leads to a sleek spacious bathroom of dark grey stone with wood fittings, large walk-in rain shower and a freestanding bathtub.
Guest bedroom two
This upstairs bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed convertible to twins, sofa, walk-in wardrobe and desk overlooking the pool. Evocative Balinese ceremonial photos decorate the walls. The brightly lit bathroom has twin basins, a large walk-in rain shower, bathtub, and two baroque-style chairs and table.
Guest bedroom three
Opening onto the upstairs deck with views of the pool and garden, this room has a king-size bed convertible to twins and an easy chair for lounging. Portraits of Buddhist monks grace the walls. Wood sliding doors leads to an ensuite bathroom with built-in wardrobe, mirror-topped counter with single large hand basin and a large walk-in rain shower.
Guest bedroom four
This spacious guest bedroom is on the ground floor to the side of the entrance foyer. Opening directly onto the garden, the room boasts a private sitting area on its terrace and is furnished with king-size bed and sofa. Traditional wooden Balinese statues serve as decoration. The bathroom has grey stone floors, his and hers vanities, a large walk-in rain shower and freestanding bathtub.
TV room/Guest bedroom five
Next to the sitting area, sliding doors open to a TV room which can be easily set up as a fifth bedroom. It is furnished with a large, comfortable sofa bed that converts to either a king-size bed or twin beds, and has an adjoining bathroom fitted with a walk-in rain shower.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival.
- Turn down service.
- Skilled private chef prepares anything from the Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s a la carte menus, as well as discuss special requests and dietary requirements (extra cost plus handling fee).
- Four attendants look after daily housekeeping and domestic duties.
- Night-time security provided from 11pm until 7am.
- A driver and car (seating up to seven passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day at a special rate (on guest account).
- Area: 578 sqm (villa); 831 sqm (land).
- Pool: 18 x 5 x 1.5 metres.
- Accomodation: 5 air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathroom; Living and Dining area; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: Satellite-channel TV; DVD player; Movie Box; CD player; iPod; iPod dock and Bose sound system.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; landline for local calls; mobile phone coverage.
- Sport: Weights; Treadmill; Exercise bike; Yoga mats.
- A seven-seater car and driver is available at a special rate of US$ 35++ for up to eight hours a day excluding petrol.
- Spa: In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Back-up generator; Safety deposit boxes.
|Bedroom||Low season||Shoulder season||High season||Peak season|
|4 Bedroom Bed||$ 875 Nights||$ 1010 Nights||$ 1150 Nights||$ 1625 Nights|
|5 Bedroom Bed||$ 995 Nights||$ 1170 Nights||$ 1340 Nights||$ 1625 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted net in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 per room.
- Check in time is after 3 P.M. Early check in depends on villa availability.
- Check out time is 12 P.M.
- Late check out subject to availability with additional charge.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season (minimum stay 2 nights): 08 January – 02 April (excluding CNY & Easter Week); 15 -27 April; 02 May - 15 June; 01 September - 14 December.
- Shoulder season (minimum stay 3 nights): 24 -28 March; 16 June – 30 September; 3 - 14 April; 28 April - 1 May; 16 -22 June; 19 -31 August.
- High season (minimum stay 5 nights): 03 - 07 January; CNY; Easter Week; 23 June - 18 August; 15 - 25 December.
- Peak season (minimum stay 7 nights): 26 December – 02 January.
- When the Guest makes a booking request, the Guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to BHP within 5 working days of availability confirmation. If the required deposit payment is not received within the 5 working day period, BHP reserves the right to void the Guest’s booking request. The following deposit payment applicable to most villas (see individual villa terms for full details) must be received by BHP
- For rentals beginning more than 75 days after the date of the booking request – a deposit of 20% of the total rental amount is payable
- For rentals beginning 75 days or less after the date of the booking request – the total rental amount is payable as a deposit
- Where a 20% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 80% balance not less than 75 days before the scheduled arrival date.
- If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BHP. All cancellation notices received by BHP will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to: Cancellation of one or more days of a booking; An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking; Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply: 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period; 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period; 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- Shortening of stay for any reason can be considered as a cancellation and charges may apply.
- Early bird enjoys 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 03 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period