Villa Maharaj, Seminyak
Location, location, location – and then some. Down a quiet lane, but conveniently located in the centre of the fashionable Petitenget district of Seminyak on Bali’s south-west coast, this gorgeous four-bedroom villa offers an oasis to escape to and rejuvenate.
Perfect for family living, The Maharaj welcomes with informality, caring staff and calming influences, providing a comfortable hideaway with mature gardens and inviting 12m pool, sun-drenched rooms and tranquil sitting areas.
All this, within walking distance of Petitenget’s crashing waves and Bali’s most stylish wining and dining venues, nightspots and shops.
The Maharaj appears understated and compact (covering 1,100sqm), but you’ll find this bijou family-oriented holiday villa worth its weight in gold during your Island of the God’s sojourn. Off a peaceful cul-de-sac in the chic urban village of Petitenget, narrow wooden entrance doors lead through to sweet tropical gardens and an utterly charming four-bedroom villa. In this peaceful hideaway, you are immediately embraced like one of the family.
Since 2002, the villa’s owners and informal but attentive staff have created a peaceful hideaway, ideal for families, where guests feel relaxed enough to pop in and out of the kitchen at mealtimes, or talk at length about local customs and recommended dining spots with the amiable – and consummate – villa manager. All modern comforts are supplied, such as two flat-screen TVs and DVDs, sound system, and shaded, free-form 12m pool, but there is a refreshing lack of pretentiousness and superfluous adornments. Sunlight-drenched interiors focus on comfort and are furnished in a simple yet tasteful style.
Calming spiritual elements further contribute to a blissfully peaceful stay, from garlanded Hindu stone deities watching over proceedings to a secret inner garden courtyard and the exquisite and omnipresent fragrance of jasmine. More earthly accoutrements include poolside massage beds for pampering treatments.
But for those wanting to shop, party and indulge, The Maharaj is also right in the centre of one of Bali’s most sought-after areas, the happening and trendy Petitenget district of Seminyak – the cosmopolitan heart of Bali. This jetsetter’s paradise, crammed with world-class gourmet restaurants, designer spas, boutiques and hip nightspots, is within walking distance, while beautiful Petitenget beach, with its renowned beach clubs, Indian Ocean surf and fabulous sunsets, is a pebbles’ throw away.
Sturdy and modern, The Maharaj essentially comprises two separate buildings capped with traditional ironwood roof, hugging a gorgeous free-form pool within lush tropical gardens.
In the main building, the single-storey living–dining area is open-sided and open-plan; off here is a self-contained kitchen and TV room, plus covered garden courtyard. This area seamlessly adjoins a double-storey accommodation wing containing the master bedroom downstairs and two interconnecting bedrooms above. Accessed by a stone pathway across immaculate lawns stands a detached single-storey annex; its broad wooden pillars, traditional-style roof and timbered floors displaying a more typical Balinese look. This cottage annex contains two ensuite bedrooms with small timbered terrace, facing the shaded 12 x 4m pool, alongside which rests a balé (gazebo) dedicated to spa treatments.
Air-conditioning is provided in all rooms, except the open-sided living–dining area, kept cool with ceiling fans. Villa rooms feature traditional-style high ceilings made of split rattan, floors of marble or quality timber and tasteful wood furniture, predominately teak, which strikingly contrasts with white-washed walls.
The ground floor of the main building consists of a sunny, open-plan, open-sided living-dining area, featuring marble floor, thick white pillars and high, traditional-style ceiling. This area is kept cool by four ceiling fans and protected from the weather by bamboo blinds. Touches of ethnic-style décor include a series of primitive wooden masks and extensive, bas relief stone work, illuminated by spotlights.
A section of the space is set aside for TV viewing and entertainment, with flat-screen satellite TV and DVD player disguised in a wooden cabinet, plus a stack of board games, books and DVDs. Seating comprises two striking bleached teak sofas and a large table, plus a card table with six chairs. Just outside, a marvelously inviting leather hammock is strung between trees.
At the opposite end, the dining area features a no-frills, long wooden dining table seating up to ten; a CD player with iPod dock and wall speakers provide sounds. Behind mirrored sliding doors are the simple yet well-equipped kitchen – open-sided at one end and cooled by ceiling fan – and TV room. Providing both air conditioning and ceiling fan, this comfortable room comes with satellite flat-screen TV, DVD player and speakers, plus comfy L-shaped sofa and floor cushions.
The main villa and cottage annex all face lovely mature gardens of lush green palms, bursts of bougainvillea and manicured lawns, while on the opposite side of the living area, a sheltered courtyard with white pebbles, tropical plants and Palimanan stone floor, is ideal for kid’s play or yoga.
The gorgeous 12 x 4m free-form pool – shaded by aged frangipani trees and coconut palms and overseen by a serene Buddha statue adorned daily with flower garlands – contains a shallow kid’s section and is surrounded by a timbered deck with four sun-loungers, as well as rattan table and chairs: perfect for afternoon tea or sundowners. On the left of the pool is an out-in-the-elements shower and on the right thebalé, which contains two massage beds for relaxing treatments in a blissful poolside setting. The property is encircled by walls and edged with luscious plants and foliage.
the villa contains four ensuite bedrooms plus one nanny or child’s room. Each of the bedrooms features glass and wood patio doors, floor-to-ceiling windows shielded by contemporary-style wood blinds and marble floors. In keeping with the homely ambiance, bedrooms are simply but tastefully furnished with nut-brown wood furniture and the odd splash of modern art; décor and gadgetry are kept to a minimum. The beds in all four rooms are draped with elaborate white mosquito net canopies. Air-conditioning (camouflaged behind wood grills) and ceiling fans keep spaces cool.
The villa’s largest bedroom is located on the ground floor of the double-storey accommodation wing. Three glass patio doors provide direct pool access and approximately half of the room is encased in floor-to-ceiling windows. The master room is furnished with a king-size double bed, ottoman and built-in wooden cupboards, while a walk-through wardrobe leads to the indoor bathroom. This stylish room features his n’ hers galvanized aluminum wash basins on a wooden counter, a stand-alone ceramic bathtub and solid stone pieces used as mini-tables. Glass doors lead to a rejuvenating outdoor rain shower with timbered deck.
Guest bedroom suite
A wooden staircase from the ground-floor leads to the first-floor bedroom and interconnecting nanny or child’s room. Both rooms share an extended timbered deck area. Overlooking the pool and providing two comfy armchairs, this deck makes a pleasant spot to relax, especially at sunset.
The upstairs guest bedroom has three patio doors; two of which allow private access to a veranda. Again, this room features a king-size bed, ottoman and walk-through wardrobe leading to an indoor–outdoor bathroom similar in style to that of the master bedroom but without a tub.
Small and functional, the nanny or child’s room provides a single bed. This room interconnects with the guest bedroom and shares its bathroom.
On the opposite side of the pool a sweet cottage annex contains two additional ensuite bedrooms, ideally suited to a family. The first features a queen-size bed, small desk and wardrobe. Glass doors lead through to an open-sided bathroom with single galvanized aluminum wash basin and walk-in rain shower.
The slightly larger second room features a queen-size bed and walk-in wardrobe. Glass doors lead through to a generous, open-sided bathroom, edged with high walls, tropical plants and bamboo blinds – part covered with split-rattan ceiling. This features two raised ceramic sinks, a lengthy marble table and an open-air rain shower on a stone deck.
Between the two bedrooms, and facing the pool, a cosy timbered terrace area with two small armchairs provides a quiet spot for downtime.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival at the villa.
- Free mineral drinking water for the duration of stay.
- Shopping groceries by villa staff for in-villa dining. Full-time chef providing a wide range of western and Indonesian dishes. Special requests, kid’s menus and other dietary requirements are also accommodated (extra price plus handling fee).
- Serviced daily including housekeeping.
- Security shifts from 3pm to 11pm and 11pm to 7am discreetly patrol both in and outside of the property.
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: Free-form swimming pool 12 x 4m, with shallow kid’s section.
- Accommodations: One unit 4 air-conditioned bedroom villa (4 ensuite bedrooms with 2 king and 2 queen-size beds); plus 1 nanny (or kid’s) room with single bed. Extra beds are available at an extra cost; Living room; Dining room; Fully equipped kitchen.
- Entertainment: 2 satellite TVs; 2 DVD players; stereo CD sound system with iPod dock; DVD and book.
- Communication: Telephone in bedrooms and dining area (local and international calls); complimentary WiFi internet access.
- Family: Pool toys; Baby cot; High chair; Board games; Babysitters arranged on request.
- Spa: 2 massage beds and spa menu for outsourced spa services.
- Parking space for one car.
- Additional facilities: Hammock; Mini-safety boxes; Hairdryer and full bathroom amenities; Barbecue; Back-up power generator.
|Bedroom||Low season||Shoulder season||High season||Peak season|
|4 Bed||$ 550 Nights||$ 650 Nights||$ 750 Nights||$ 890 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check-In and Check-Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject to 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 persons per room.
- Check in time is at 3 P.M.
- Check out time is at 12 Noon
- Late check out until 18:00 is charged 50% from 1 night rental rate and after 18:00 consider a full night charged.
- Early check in and late check out are subject to space availability and prior notification is required.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season: 01 Sep to 15 Dec 2017, 08 Jan to 14 Feb 22 Feb to 23 Mar 15 Apr to 27 Apr 02 May to 15 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2018, 06 Jan to 01 Feb 11 Feb to 04 Apr 22 Apr to 14 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2019
- Shoulder season: 21 Aug to 31 Aug 2017, 24 Mar to 28 Mar 03 Apr to 14 Apr 28 Apr to 01 May 16 Jun to 22 Jun 19 Aug to 31 Aug 2018, 05 Apr to 16 Apr 15 Jun to 21 Jun 18 Aug to 31 Aug 2019
- High season: 16 Dec to 25 Dec 2017, 03 Jan to 07 Jan 15 Feb to 21 Feb 29 Mar to 02 Apr 23 Jun to 18 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2018, 02 Feb to 10 Feb 17 Apr to 21 Apr 22 Jun to 17 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019
- Peak season: 26 Dec to 02 Jan 2018, 26 Dec to 05 Jan 2019, 26 Dec to 04 Jan 2020
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 06 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period