Villa Oost Indies, Seminyak
Hidden among charming tropical gardens within Laksmana Estate, Villa Oost Indies is a haven of tranquillity, just a stone’s throw from the beach and all the action of cosmopolitan Seminyak. Colonial Javanese architecture and evocative antiques give a glimpse into Indonesia’s rich heritage, yet this three-bedroomed, fully staffed villa has all the modern luxury and convenience you would expect of a Bali luxury villa. Kids will love the lagoon-style pool and large gardens; adults will revel in spacious bedroom suites, and small groups or couples will be thrilled at the villa’s sensational location just a minute from Seminyak’s vibrant ‘eat street.’
Amidst the glitzy boutiques, buzzing beach bars and chic restaurants of Seminyak’s golden triangle, Villa Oost (‘East’) Indies is a veritable oasis of lush tropical greenery. In these days of sleek modern minimalism, this lovely villa harks back to more traditional times, offering a true celebration of Indonesia’s rich culture and heritage.
The two-storey Javanese colonial-style sleeping pavilion is constructed of vintage teak, and wrapped in long shady verandas furnished with lazy chairs. The owners have several art galleries in Bali, and the villa’s hand-picked antiques include stone statues of Hindu deities, wardrobes of teakwood, sumptuous silks, Oriental artwork and hand-crafted ceramics. The living pavilion is itself an antique – a restored 100-year-old joglo (traditional wooden building) from Java that was once part of a nobleman’s house. The swimming pool that surrounds it is fringed in tropical flowers and cascading vines, while the sprawling lawn beyond is bordered by ornamental trees, bamboos and palms.
Fully staffed, and with three spacious bedrooms, Villa Oost Indies is well set up for families. Kids will have a blast splashing around in the lagoon-style pool and playing in the gardens, and a private chef is on hand to prepare special kids meals, as well as gourmet feasts for adults. Our helpful manager and villa attendants will make you feel right at home and treat you to the hospitality that Bali is famous for.
With such a peaceful setting it may seem hard to believe that the villa is right in the middle of Seminyak, but you need only stroll to the end of the shady lane to discover miles of golden beaches and all the fascinating boutiques and world-class wining and dining establishments of Seminyak.
Villa Oost Indies is entered via the living and dining joglo, which opens onto the pool and gardens beyond. To the right is a two-storey sleeping pavilion with a bedroom on each floor and a bar on the lower floor. The kitchen is adjacent and looks over a small courtyard. The separate guest wing bedroom is above the kitchen, accessed by stairs at the end of a garden path.
A beautiful, century–old Javanese joglo (traditional teak house) creates an atmospheric living and indoor dining area at Villa Oost Indies. The joglois cooled by wooden ceiling fans and open on three sides to the lagoon-style pool that wraps around the building. A circular dining table seats eight, and a wooden sofa and rattan planters chairs are positioned to overlook the pool and garden.
A teak-panelled bar nestles on the ground floor of the two-storey pavilion with five bar stools, a fridge and sink. From here, a door leads through to a well-equipped kitchen with black granite counters, oven, coffee maker and stunning antique side board brimming with crockery, ceramics and vintage silver tea pots.
The villa’s eight-metre, lagoon-style pool flows around the joglo pavilion and is fringed by tropical plants at one end and an ancient frangipani at the other. Beyond the pool lie manicured lawns bordered by tropical shrubs, bamboo and pandanus. Four deck chairs stretch out below sunbrellas amidst the trees and a rustic outdoor bench table for eight is set in a shady grove.
Main Pavilion Bedroom
Situated on the upper and lower floors of the sleeping pavilion, and featuring private verandas, these two air-conditioned bedrooms (also fitted with ceiling fans) are identical in layout and design. Both are furnished with four-poster king-sized beds, antiques, artwork and curios from Asia and equipped with. Expansive walk-through dressing rooms lead to large bathrooms tiled in smooth Palimanan stone, with his and hers vanities, antique wash-stands, rain showers and bathtubs. Private sitting rooms adjacent to the bedrooms are each furnished with a sofa (converts to a single bed), desk and second TV.
Guest Bedroom in Private Wing
A third large air-conditioned bedroom is located in a separate wing at the back of the property reached via a courtyard garden and with a private deck. Also equipped with LCD TV, DVD player and iPod dock, it is furnished with customised corner sofa, desk and king-sized bed that can be converted to twins. A spacious combined dressing room/bathroom has antique wardrobe and monsoon shower.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Complimentary return airport transport on arrival and on departure.
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival at the villa.
- Free mineral drinking water for the duration of stay.
- Shopping groceries by villa staff for in-villa dining. Meals preparation at your own villa by our in-house chef or by order - in house menu or menu order selection is available at the villa. Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. Requests accommodated including special diets (extra price plus handling fee).
- Serviced daily including housekeeping.
- Laundry / dry cleaning service (at cost).
- 24-hour security guard is available.
- Baby-sitting, in-villa massages, car and driver are available on request at an extra charge.
- Area: Private villa.
- Pool: 8-metre lagoon-style swimming pool.
- Accommodations: One unit 3 bedroom villa; All rooms are equipped with air conditioning Accommodate 6 people in 2 ensuite bedrooms with queen-size beds and 1 king-sized bed which can be converted to twins. An extra bed is available at additional charge.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; Bose speakers; iPod docks.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; landline for local calls; mobile phone coverage.
- Family: A baby cot, high chair and inflatable pool toys.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; Generator; Safety deposit box.
|Bedroom||Low season||Shoulder season||High season||Peak season|
|2 Bedroom Bed||$ 390 Nights||$ 460 Nights||$ 520 Nights||$ 895 Nights|
|3 Bedroom Bed||$ 520 Nights||$ 610 Nights||$ 690 Nights||$ 895 Nights|
|Tax||: 15.5 %|
Terms & Conditions
Rates, Check In and Check Out
- Rates include Airport transfers pick up and drop off, all complimentary and using villa’s facilities.
- Rates are subject to 15.5% government tax and service charge.
- Rates are quoted in US Dollar.
- Maximum person stay in villa is 2 persons per room.
- Check in time is at 3 P.M.
- Check out time is at 12 Noon
- Late check out until 18:00 is charged 50% from 1 night rental rate and after 18:00 consider a full night charged.
- Early check in and late check out are subject to space availability and prior notification is required.
- Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service charge and government tax.
- A Balinese silence day, "Nyepi" March 17th, 2018 from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, no possible to Check In and Check Out.
- Low season: 01 Sep to 15 Dec 2017, 08 Jan to 14 Feb 22 Feb to 23 Mar 15 Apr to 27 Apr 02 May to 15 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2018, 06 Jan to 01 Feb 11 Feb to 04 Apr 22 Apr to 14 Jun 01 Sep to 14 Dec 2019
- Shoulder season: 21 Aug to 31 Aug 2017, 24 Mar to 28 Mar 03 Apr to 14 Apr 28 Apr to 01 May 16 Jun to 22 Jun 19 Aug to 31 Aug 2018, 05 Apr to 16 Apr 15 Jun to 21 Jun 18 Aug to 31 Aug 2019
- High season: 16 Dec to 25 Dec 2017, 03 Jan to 07 Jan 15 Feb to 21 Feb 29 Mar to 02 Apr 23 Jun to 18 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2018, 02 Feb to 10 Feb 17 Apr to 21 Apr 22 Jun to 17 Aug 15 Dec to 25 Dec 2019
- Peak season: 26 Dec to 02 Jan 2018, 26 Dec to 05 Jan 2019, 26 Dec to 04 Jan 2020
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 06 Jan 2018.
* Does not apply for New Year period